Scouting report: Sondre Ørjasæter. Sarpsbors 08 & Norway. A exciting LW and a player to watch out. On page 6

Ciao! Having watched the same game, any thoughts on Diao?

I do see some really good abilites: Quick and strong physical. But he is far from finish yet. If we compare him to his countryman in Nico Williams. Right foot wingers and wide players.

Far from finish = Everything look lesser easily = Lesser effortless.

Top and close to finish players make things look really effortless. Natural and really instinct. But its many many ours with practise behind it. If you want to make things look effortlessly on the pitch.
Like can you lead the ball on top speed without looking at the ball? Full control in top speed without looking at the ball?

But back to Diao. He is a young player. So he has time on his age. It is not fair to compare to Nico Williams who are some age older. And Williams who i didn't know before this summer. So i didn't know how good Williams was at Diao age.
But the level Diao has to reach. The bar. Is that top level of wide players in football world right now.

And with Diao i has to see more. Before i write a scouting report.

I just write scouting report on talents i think and believe has what it takes to become a really good player in the future. Others talents like Diao i need more scouting time;)

Is this kid as injury prone as Yoro?

I don't know. I just get to know Wassim Keddari. Watching him for first time. During Euro u19.
He and Spain won the final. And he play whole 90 minutes. And what the future brings. No one never know.

But young upcoming players are like new fresh car. As more as you drive and use. Over years. Naturally. You will get problems and troubles here and there.
Same with football players. And some are more lucky than others.

So i conclude. New and young players are lesser injury prone than like 23-24 years old players. Then over 30 years of age. Soon out of age or ready to dump or whatever you will call;)

I don't know. I just get to know Wassim Keddari. Watching him for first time. During Euro u19.
He and Spain won the final. And he play whole 90 minutes. And what the future brings. No one never know.

But young upcoming players are like new fresh car. As more as you drive and use. Over years. Naturally. You will get problems and troubles here and there.
Same with football players. And some are more lucky than others.

So i conclude. New and young players are lesser injury prone than like 23-24 years old players. Then over 30 years of age. Soon out of age or ready to dump or whatever you will call;)
Scout, Philosopher, you make your own luck. Caf legend.

I do see some really good abilites: Quick and strong physical. But he is far from finish yet. If we compare him to his countryman in Nico Williams. Right foot wingers and wide players.

Far from finish = Everything look lesser easily = Lesser effortless.

Top and close to finish players make things look really effortless. Natural and really instinct. But its many many ours with practise behind it. If you want to make things look effortlessly on the pitch.
Like can you lead the ball on top speed without looking at the ball? Full control in top speed without looking at the ball?

But back to Diao. He is a young player. So he has time on his age. It is not fair to compare to Nico Williams who are some age older. And Williams who i didn't know before this summer. So i didn't know how good Williams was at Diao age.
But the level Diao has to reach. The bar. Is that top level of wide players in football world right now.

And with Diao i has to see more. Before i write a scouting report.

I just write scouting report on talents i think and believe has what it takes to become a really good player in the future. Others talents like Diao i need more scouting time;)
Cheers, the Williams comparison hits a note. Looked like a younger version but also with good amount of flair/technique/control at a young age.

The boy is playing football like an Eagle. And he has definitely found his club. "The Eagles"

Like an eagle:
They are not super energtic. But scan their territoum and football pitch. Know how to make the hit, the tackle and interception. Of course, not perfect all the time. But most of the interception are succesful.

So i name him. Adam Wharton "The Eagle " Composure, calm, precise, controlling and intelligence (high level of football understanding and vision)

Now. Let us take a closer look of him:

Name : Adam "the eagle " Wharton
Date of Birth: 06.Feb.2004
Height : 182 cm
Current team : Crystal Palace. The Eagles
Prefer foot: Left
Best position: A controlling, balance, proactive, deep lying cm playmaker. A proactive nr.6 in a 433 formation
Current market value : 30 mill euros

Desciption of his skills, abilities and personality:
+ He has a really good first touch on the ball. A precise left foot.
+ Calm and composure on the ball
+ He does takes high risk passes. A reason why he doesn't have high percentage of succesful passes
+ Last season he had average 3 tackles each game for Palace. Around 1.3 with Interception
+ He has average 1.3 in key passes each game. A number on same level as City Rodri and Declan Rice.
Key passes = Passes that lead to Xg/big chances and goals.
+ His personality and mood is conistent. He is not a mood player. Swinging mood. A player you can count on
+ He is more of a passer than a runner. Wharton is an all round cm player. He is really close to complete. Just maybe score more goals, but that is not his main job on the pitch.

His visual description :

Like in the video. We can see he can do a lot as a cm player. Like above. An Eagle. Scan the pitch and set in a tackle and interception. Not a player full of energy. Run box to box and all over the place. Like an Eagle, just scan and know how to hit. And win the ball.
He does progress with the ball forward. But most of the time he will pass the ball.
Super quick, skill ful and sharp attacking players will love to play with him. Like Eze, Mateta and Olise with Palace. And special against high line defend.
Palace was a counter attack team last season. It made his high ball winning abilities and precise quick passes forward. Made Palace dangerous and had really high end product qualities in Palace's 7 last league games.

Comparison and similar type of player? :

Adam Wharton is most similar to Xhaka type of player. Like for Arsenal, Bayer Leverkusen and Swiss. Xhaka was a controlling, deep lying playmaker. The balance cm player. Was building up most of the teams attack.

The difference between Wharton and Xhaka is the energy. Like above. Wharton has that calmness, like and eagle. While Xhaka, maybe if i am not wrong. Has a balkan blood and roots in his full packet. Xhaka is a temperament player. Engertic cm player. A cm player that was hard and difficult to play with.

And Xhaka had a higher rate of succesful passes. But Xhaka was playing for top to teams. It does help your succesful passes rate. Compare to Palace that were a counter attack and direct football team. Not short sideway passes. So some factors were different. The result would be different too.
So when Wharton join a top club in the league. Every of his stats will rise. Maybe his tackling and interception will get lower. Because he and his team will have the ball more.
Higher ball possession = lower tackling and interception rate.

His current level and prediction:
Wharton is not on world class level yet. From what i have observed. Compare to level of previous top cm players. He is on the level under world class. A really good and very good level. Really close to top level.
If he can add few goals to his games. Around 3 goals each season. He will be more complete as a football player. Even it is not his main job to scoring goals. But it will help to rise the chance to winning games.
But again. His main job is controlling, balance, build up the attack, ball winner and spread the passes around. A deep lying cm playmaker.

His best position on the pitch:

First the proactive nr.6 in 433 formation:

Robben - De Bruyne - Wharton - Iniesta - Ronaldinho + Brazil Ronaldo

4231/4411 formation:

Robben - Wharton - Scholes - Giggs + Kaka + Brazil Ronaldo

There you have. Playing beside a offensive and creative Scholes/nr.8. Wharton will have a more defensive role. Winning the ball and pass the ball to the pacey, skill ful and sharp wingers and attacking players.

So sum up:

A really good deep lying cm playmaker, proactive cm player. With a calm and composure presence. Intelligence. He always know where he has his teammates. Reason why he is really good with one touch football. Because if you want to be good and precise with one touch football. You get to know where your teammates and who is free to receive your pass, before you get the ball = scanning and observation = high level of football understanding.

And a clear sign of a quality and really good football player. A player that lift your team performances and level. Like Bruno with United when he first came. Eric Cantona from Leeds.
Crystal Palace lost a lot and was sacking Roy Rodgson. After Adam Wharton joined Palace. Wharton started with some losses with Palace. But when he was used to the speed, intensity and power of premier league. Palace was start winning.
6 wins and 1 draw in last 7 league matches with Palace.
Palace did had many attacking players with high end product. Have goals in them. It suit Wharton high ball winning ability and precise forward passes.
United were a mess when Bruno joined United. But at that United had Rashford, Greenwood and Martial. With 2 DM ball winner in McFred. Same with Wharton and Palace.
But many players do struggle in a poor team. Some player needs a lot of time adapt, some players couldn't express theirs potential.
With Palace. The Eagles. An eagle from Blackburn did lift others eagles to had higher level of performance.
Wharton did balance, control and lift Palace performance up to a higher level.

But this year. Palace had sold Olise and some of their best players are on theirs way to others clubs. I think it will affect Palace as a team and Wharton as in indvidual player.
But his personalities and abilities are really consistent. Even playing for a weaker Palace side this season. I think Wharton will still make his mark in the premier league this season. Like an "Eagle ". Coming to Palace like the eagle is coming home. Right club with right abilities.

This boy is a gem from Norwegian top division. I have watched and scouting him some matches now. A kind of winger and attacking player that will get you up from your seats. Now let us take a closer look of him.

Name : Sondre Ørjasæter
Date of Birth: 28:Nov.2003
Height : 180 cm
Current team : Sarpsborg 08
Prefer foot: Right
Best position: LW & Wide position
Current market value : 2 mill euros

Desciption of his skills and abilities :

+ A skill ful player with flair and really high one on one ability = a baller and top ball control on highest speed
+ Really good in small area
+ Explosive and really quick in the first metres
+ A quick head and feets
+ A player and winger with X factor
+ A classical winger = has all the abilities that reguire
+ Hard and difficult to take the ball from
+ Consistent performances
+ Has goals in his game or high level of creative

His visual description :

Similar type of player:
+ Mika Godts. 07.June.2005. MV = 4 mill euros. Ajax and Belgium
+ Khvicha Kvaratskhelia. 12.Feb.2001. MV = 80 mill euros. Georgia & Napoli
+ Noa Lang. 17.June.1999. MV = 18 mill euros. PSV & Netherlands

His current level and comparison :

6 points = Top level = Kvicha from Napoli. Top and world class right foot left winger in the past = Robert Pires & Eden Hazard
5 points = Very good level = Martinelli & Trossard from Arsenal. Mitoma. Noa Lang

4.5 points = The level between Very good & good level = Mika Godts & Sondre Ørjasæter

4. points = Good level
3 points = Average
2 points = poor
1 point = very poor
0 point = you are useless and shall retire

I think and believe he is on the level of Mika Godts from Ajax. The similar type of winger with skill, flair and top speed & one on one ability.
Sondre Ørjasæter i think is closer to the very good level, 5 points than 4 points which is the good level. Clearly. Is one on one ability is really good and consistent too.

Future prediction :

If he keeps working hard and have right focus. And keep develop and become even better than now. I think and predict that he has potential to get a cap to Norwegian national team in the future.
Because right he belongs to one of the best LW and wingers in the Norwegian top division.

Sum up:
Like i said. He is a attacking player to watch out. And at his current level. I think and believe he shall level up. Like got picked by top 3 teams in the Norwegian league, getting chance to playing in the Europa's competition. Or join a better league than The Norwegian top division. Like the Dutch top league or Belgium league. Teams like Alkmaar, Club Brugge.
In others words. Join a league that is on a higher level than Norwegian top division.

He is kind of player that enjoy his freedom of playing. A street football player. Who love to beat player. A classical LW & Winger.
A kind of player who is pleasure to watch. But still has really high end product. Those kind of classical winger do not beat player just to beat player. Theirs goal and aim are = goal, goal and goals in mind. Theirs main focus.

It will be really exciting to see how he develop. His football journey. But as long as he is keeps playing. He will always be a baller. Every teams get to have wingers and attacking players like this. To open up tight defend organiztion.

So again. A gem in Norwegian top division and a attacking to watch out and keeps tabs on your notebook ;)

Wait, did I just miss out on your Scandi scouting tour?! Fecking hell, I could have gotten an autograph! :(

This boy is a gem from Norwegian top division. I have watched and scouting him some matches now. A kind of winger and attacking player that will get you up from your seats. Now let us take a closer look of him.

Name : Sondre Ørjasæter
Date of Birth: 28:Nov.2003
Height : 180 cm
Current team : Sarpsborg 08
Prefer foot: Right
Best position: LW & Wide position
Current market value : 2 mill euros

Desciption of his skills and abilities :

+ A skill ful player with flair and really high one on one ability = a baller and top ball control on highest speed
+ Really good in small area
+ Explosive and really quick in the first metres
+ A quick head and feets
+ A player and winger with X factor
+ A classical winger = has all the abilities that reguire
+ Hard and difficult to take the ball from
+ Consistent performances
+ Has goals in his game or high level of creative

His visual description :

Similar type of player:
+ Mika Godts. 07.June.2005. MV = 4 mill euros. Ajax and Belgium
+ Khvicha Kvaratskhelia. 12.Feb.2001. MV = 80 mill euros. Georgia & Napoli
+ Noa Lang. 17.June.1999. MV = 18 mill euros. PSV & Netherlands

His current level and comparison :

6 points = Top level = Kvicha from Napoli. Top and world class right foot left winger in the past = Robert Pires & Eden Hazard
5 points = Very good level = Martinelli & Trossard from Arsenal. Mitoma. Noa Lang

4.5 points = The level between Very good & good level = Mika Godts & Sondre Ørjasæter

4. points = Good level
3 points = Average
2 points = poor
1 point = very poor
0 point = you are useless and shall retire

I think and believe he is on the level of Mika Godts from Ajax. The similar type of winger with skill, flair and top speed & one on one ability.
Sondre Ørjasæter i think is closer to the very good level, 5 points than 4 points which is the good level. Clearly. Is one on one ability is really good and consistent too.

Future prediction :

If he keeps working hard and have right focus. And keep develop and become even better than now. I think and predict that he has potential to get a cap to Norwegian national team in the future.
Because right he belongs to one of the best LW and wingers in the Norwegian top division.

Sum up:
Like i said. He is a attacking player to watch out. And at his current level. I think and believe he shall level up. Like got picked by top 3 teams in the Norwegian league, getting chance to playing in the Europa's competition. Or join a better league than The Norwegian top division. Like the Dutch top league or Belgium league. Teams like Alkmaar, Club Brugge.
In others words. Join a league that is on a higher level than Norwegian top division.

He is kind of player that enjoy his freedom of playing. A street football player. Who love to beat player. A classical LW & Winger.
A kind of player who is pleasure to watch. But still has really high end product. Those kind of classical winger do not beat player just to beat player. Theirs goal and aim are = goal, goal and goals in mind. Theirs main focus.

It will be really exciting to see how he develop. His football journey. But as long as he is keeps playing. He will always be a baller. Every teams get to have wingers and attacking players like this. To open up tight defend organiztion.

So again. A gem in Norwegian top division and a attacking to watch out and keeps tabs on your notebook ;)

Great player. I am glad I was the first to discover him.

:eek:

Magnus Carlsen... Erling Haaland... LuckyScout. Norway is clearly the best country.
And Sondre Ørjasæter, then. Although if you're still in Norway at 21, then maybe that's a negative? Or is he just a late bloomer?

And Sondre Ørjasæter, then. Although if you're still in Norway at 21, then maybe that's a negative? Or is he just a late bloomer?

To be honest I know nothing about him. But I trust Lucky with my life after the Euros prediction.

Late bloomer. Stopped playing football for several years in his youth, and hanged around in different environments than sporting ones, let's put it that way. Has responded well to being part of proffesional set-ups though since he has made a name for himself in no time since being picked up by a proffesional club two years ago

Incredibly naturally talented though