Scottish Football 2024/25

We lost 5-0 to Clyde in the League Cup group stages last night. Jesus fecking Christ :lol: :(

We’re probably going to be relegated into non-league football this season.

Neither Celtic or Rangers have addressed their main squad issues from last year but I'd say Celtic look a little further on in balancing and strengthening than Rangers do. We have the benefit of Danilo coming back after being out for most of last season, but we've lost some decent players too.

Neither Celtic or Rangers have addressed their main squad issues from last year but I'd say Celtic look a little further on in balancing and strengthening than Rangers do. We have the benefit of Danilo coming back after being out for most of last season, but we've lost some decent players too.
Been speaking to a lot of Rangers fans at work, none of them feeling upbeat about the upcoming season. I'm not looking forward to playing Rangers on the opening day, despite what they're saying.

I'll take coming third again right now for Hearts.

You know you've missed football when you're watching Falkirk vs Queens Park from the Scottish Championship on iPlayer. 0-0 approaching the half hour mark.

I think Rangers could do it this year.
With that Celtic team I saw in pre-season? Highly doubt it. That's the best i've seen them look since the last time Brendan was there when they were just absolutely dominant.

With that Celtic team I saw in pre-season? Highly doubt it. That's the best i've seen them look since the last time Brendan was there when they were just absolutely dominant.
Pre-season is of course a definitive barometer of quality.

Pre-season is of course a definitive barometer of quality.
In Scotland it is. There's only two fecking teams in it every year and Celtic looked way better than Rangers looked in pre season. Plus they've won it the last 3 times so its not out of place to think Celtic are likely to win it again.

Of course Celtic are big favourites and Rangers fans aren't particularly happy the summer window.

Clement done some good work though, and while not always key it can come down to the derbies. Potential 24 point swing from those, and last season was Celtic 10 points, Rangers 1. Weren't Rangers unlucky not to get more in one or two of those games?

You don't even have to be great in the derbies, a flukey win and a narrow one in an even game could have huge influence on the season.

Would have to think Celtic again though.

I think Clement is a good manager.

Well that’s just great. We lost 2-1 at home to Stirling Albion through a last minute goal. We were leading up until the 86th minute.

Celtic playing some brilliant stuff . Quick , one touch , direct and decisive.

3-0 so far. Kyogos pass for the 3rd goal was a cracker

Celtic should have been 5 or 6 up at half time today. We will win the league comfortably unless we get a spate of injuries to our top players. Even then, we will still probably win it.

Celtic should have been 5 or 6 up at half time today. We will win the league comfortably unless we get a spate of injuries to our top players. Even then, we will still probably win it.
Celtic certainly look the strongest by far up to now. Will be interesting to see if they can keep the likes of ORiley and how they can replace him if he leaves- looks like a top player.

Aberdeen look to be selling Miovski to Girona- talented player and will be a big miss for Aberdeen and the league in general. Great move for him to leave Aberdeen and head to a club in the champions league

Celtic certainly look the strongest by far up to now. Will be interesting to see if they can keep the likes of ORiley and how they can replace him if he leaves- looks like a top player.

Aberdeen look to be selling Miovski to Girona- talented player and will be a big miss for Aberdeen and the league in general. Great move for him to leave Aberdeen and head to a club in the champions league
I would say it's likely O Riley will go. Not absolutely guaranteed but likely.
Our policy is to buy low and sell high. 25 million to 30 million is what we will get for him. We bought him for 1.5 million - I think MK Dons have a % sell on Clause but even with that, we will likely make 20 million profit. Its the only way Scottish clubs can flourish, financially.

With Champs League income and selling O Riley, we will have circa 90 million in the bank. Unbelievable performance from a Scottish Club, financially, given we get about 3 to 4 million a year in tv Revenue.

Great move for Miovski, be interesting to see if he is good enough for that level. I'm genuinely not sure but I wish him well.

Celtic pick up an extra 4 million approx by Rangers not qualifying. We don't have to share the Scottish allocated pot for CL groupswith Rangers, it all goes to Celtic.

Never been, not even remotely close, such a gigantic financial gulf between both clubs. The only way Celtic don't win the next multiple number of leagues is if they become super complacent, which, to be fair, could happen when Rodgers ends up leaving.

Joke of a decision. Two incredibly soft yellows

Celtic pick up an extra 4 million approx by Rangers not qualifying. We don't have to share the Scottish allocated pot for CL groupswith Rangers, it all goes to Celtic.

Never been, not even remotely close, such a gigantic financial gulf between both clubs. The only way Celtic don't win the next multiple number of leagues is if they become super complacent, which, to be fair, could happen when Rodgers ends up leaving.
How big is the financial difference between the two clubs?

Absolutely gigantic.

Rangers have been relying on directors loans to stay afloat. They are a basket case of a club, financially.

Celtic, at the time they release their next set of financial results, will have at least 80, more likely, closer to 90 million in the bank.

Since Rangers re - formed is 2012, they have lost well over 100 million quid, literally surviving via Direcor loans.

They are on UEFA watch list for Financial Fair Play so can basically spend very, very little.

Last night was an absolute body blow to them.

Celtic, financially, are one of the best run clubs in the world.

To be 80 / 90 million in the black for a club that plays in Scotland, where we get like 3 or 4 million in tv revenue per year, compared to 100 million for EPL clubs, is a truly phenomenal achievement.