View full 2024-25 profile

5.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.
We probably need to sell McTominay just to take away the temptation of bringing him on as a box crasher. He is what he is. Not sure what he was meant to offer if we could not move the ball through the thirds.
Hell yeah. It is so frustrating, seeing him on the sideline waiting to be intruduced. I mean, I like the guy so it sucks to be mad but this is on the manager.

We probably need to sell McTominay just to take away the temptation of bringing him on as a box crasher. He is what he is. Not sure what he was meant to offer if we could not move the ball through the thirds.
He’s basically the Fellaini of the current era. Whenever he’s there you’re always feeling to roll the dice and chuck him on, at the risk of forsaking better quality in the buildup and a player who is more useful on the ball.

Sick of the sight of him. Take the offer on the table and get him out.

He’s basically the Fellaini of the current era. Whenever he’s there you’re always feeling to roll the dice and chuck him on, at the risk of forsaking better quality in the buildup and a player who is more useful on the ball.

He is, but to be fair to McTominay he did actually get good results doing it last season. Fellaini was always more myth than ability. We would bring him on, yes he was large and win some balls in the air but he wasnt that good with his head missing plenty of chances and not getting or setting up many goals. McTominay did deliver the goals

However we need to strengthen midfield and selling McTominay wouldnt weaken us much in that area, especially if we signed someone... anyone. Ugarte still seems likely coming in which would be a big improvement. It does weaken us for goals off the bench but we should be looking for a better solution than a decent goal poacher who is picked in midfield. A striker who is a goal poacher or a good midfielder who scores a goal now and then would be better options.

As for today he had a nice turn, a good touch... And then he was on the post for the set piece and got drawn to the ball on the 2nd cross instead of defending the back post so the ball went over his head and brighton scored.

He is, but to be fair to McTominay he did actually get good results doing it last season. Fellaini was always more myth than ability. We would bring him on, yes he was large and win some balls in the air but he wasnt that good with his head missing plenty of chances and not getting or setting up many goals. McTominay did deliver the goals

However we need to strengthen midfield and selling McTominay wouldnt weaken us much in that area, especially if we signed someone... anyone. Ugarte still seems likely coming in which would be a big improvement. It does weaken us for goals off the bench but we should be looking for a better solution than a decent goal poacher who is picked in midfield. A striker who is a goal poacher or a good midfielder who scores a goal now and then would be better options.

As for today he had a nice turn, a good touch... And then he was on the post for the set piece and got drawn to the ball on the 2nd cross instead of defending the back post so the ball went over his head and brighton scored.
Fellaini scored some crucial goals in the 3 cup wins under LVG and Mourinho.

Came in and was one of the better players. Find another game.

What? He got praised for a good first touch, then ran without pressure into a Brighton defender with a a United player available for the pass, lost it, then the ball went down the other end for the sequence that led to the goal.

McTominay not playing with his head is the reason Brighton could keep players forward!

What? He got praised for a good first touch, then ran without pressure into a Brighton defender with a a United player available for the pass, lost it, then the ball went down the other end for the sequence that led to the goal.

McTominay not playing with his head is the reason Brighton could keep players forward!

It was pretty funny listening to the commentators waxing lyrical about him taking a nice touch and why he shouldn’t be sold and completely ignoring him needlessly give the ball away.

He wasn’t really good or bad today, I’d have preferred if Bruno stayed on though.

Just take Napolis money and run before they watch him play.

So wrong. Not taking out Casemiro or Mainoo gave Brighton control last 10 min. They had no energy left.

There was one point where the ball was fired into McTominay and he took a neat touch, turned and sent Garnacho on his way.

He's not completely useless as most people seem to suggest.

I'd both agree and disagree. McTominay is more of a goal threat in his own right than Fellaini was, but Fellaini caused chaos in the opposition defence which made other players more likely to score.

There was one point where the ball was fired into McTominay and he took a neat touch, turned and sent Garnacho on his way.

No he’s just not remotely good enough to feature regularly for a team that aspires to be top 4. Now if you’re happy with languishing around in 8th place then he’s fine.

Ah yes, he had one good touch but seriously is that what we are looking for? He lost the ball to begin the Brighton attack that led to their winner and that was the most impactful thing he did. His continued presence in the team prevents better players being signed or given their opportunity and the blind spot some have with him because of his occasional goal is baffling. He is not good enough.

Him and Casemiro were at fault for the last goal. He was covering the front post from the corner and then just went to sleep.

Casemiro for whatever reason rushed out from the back of the box, to wherever the feck he went.

How often does he do something like that though? Once or twice a season?

Gutted. Can't score goals and we're getting rid of someone who is a goal threat.

No, I don't see him as a starter but certainly someone to bring on if we need a goal.

Having said that, when Hojlund is fit, you'd imagine ten Hag will go with a front two of Zirkzee and Hojlund if we need to try and grab a goal.

Anyway, I'm hoping everything goes well for him at Napoli. Should do well in Serie A.

Delighted he needs to move on so United can't keep relying on a redundant approach to reservedly score when the opportunity presents itself throughout 90 mins.

Hopefully his departure forces the coaches to look at the volume of chances created and augment an approach where this is drastically increased.

Delighted for Scott, hes not a first team starter and way down in the midfield pecking order. I think the time is right for him to. Move. He needs to play football and united need the money to strengthen an area hes seen as not quite good enough for.

Good luck Scott. Thanks for all your efforts and all the goals last season.

You could never fault his professionalism, work-rate or commitment, but he never had the level needed here. He deserves a shot at a first team spot, so best of luck to him.

Would be surprised if he ended up more than he was here last season for Napoli - A goal threat off the bench. Like us Napoli had a poor season for them but I dont think he's a better midfielder than Anguissa and Lobotka is a different kind of midfielder that is probably a bit better in general play. So I'm sure that once bought he'll get games hoping that he can be more than that but I don't think he will be end up a starter for years to come.

30 million euros so a bit more than £25 million including add ons, so thats assuming he plays, maybe goal related and assuming Napoli have some success in a better league position or in the cup... Again not convinced we'll see all of it. Best of luck to him though.

Wouldnt it be amazing if just for once Caf members could say thanks and good luck to a loyal player leaving the club without all the petty shit being included in the goodbye and thanks.

One of our few remaining likable players, will be sad to see him go.

This thread still exists? He's officially a Napoli player now. I will be following Napoli to see how he does. He will be making his debut on Saturday in the match against Parma.

Aaron Wan-Bissaka is playing brilliantly at West Ham. Will Scott McTominay play brilliantly at Napoli?

Very, very long chapter has come to an end. Best of luck at Napoli, Big Scott.

No longer a Man Utd player

Can't help but feel a little gutted! I think he's good for back up and good option on the bench and has qualities to change a game at times.

Only for Casemiro is tied down on big wages, McTominay had to be scarified.

Wish him all the luck in the world for Napoli!

God bless you scotty, Man United DNA inside you. I still believe he is an awesome squad player but I think he deserves to be first team at this stage of his career, so for him, great move. Fantastic servant he has been, but the chapter ends.

Can't help but feel a little gutted! I think he's good for back up and good option on the bench and has qualities to change a game at times.

Only for Casemiro is tied down on big wages, McTominay had to be scarified.

Wish him all the luck in the world for Napoli!
Ahh that's worse than whipping, I remember doing that to my grass...in all seriousness though I'm gutted for Scott, I know this had to come but I always hoped he would have stepped up. Honestly I never seen him as bad as he was portrayed but knew he wasn't matching our expectations for where we want to be. I really hope Napoli works out perfect for him and I'll always be looking out hoping he nails it. only the best wishes McT

Lovely video, and I like that everyone is speaking so highly of him and his character, you can tell he was a good influence in the dressing room. Best of luck, McSause.

Status
Not open for further replies.