Saha vs Martial

My kneejerk reaction was to say obviously Saha but, tbf to Martial, he did actually score goals at a better rate for us than Saha did. And his career-best season of 17 non-penalty league goals was better than anything Saha managed for any of his PL clubs.
I'd agree. Based on United careers, Martial edges Saha. Based on overall careers though, I'd say Saha was the better striker.

Except he didnt. That season was the lowest number of apps hes had at that point of his career:

https://www.transfermarkt.com/anthony-martial/leistungsdaten/spieler/182877/plus/0?saison=2020

22 apps in PL and 36 apps in all comps that season, thats the lowest numbers compare to previous seasons and he had 3 games suspension thanks to his red card against spurs earlier. This myth about Ole running him to the ground needs to die especially now people giving excuse to Ten Hag in the same situation; "the medical team gave "OK" for player "X", "Y", "Z" to play not Ten Hag fault."

Funny for some reason that excuse didnt apply for Ole...
You misunderstood me.

Martial himself confirmed that he played for four months of that season while not being able to accelerate due to an injury. Ole told him that he was needed, so he played through it. That was most of the season up until the point that he tore his knee ligaments (which may or may not have been related).

So which do you think had the bigger impact on his form dropping that season? Cavani arriving, a player who sat on the bench for most of the season up until Martial's knee ligament injury (and who was a good impact sub but shit whenever we did start him for the first half of the season), or the injury that made it difficult for Martial to run properly?