Round of 16 | Romania vs Netherlands | Austria vs Turkey

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Good matches. Should see some goals today rather than the drab showings yesterday.

Hanks

Have a sneaking feeling that Romania-Netherlands can be a cracker.

2-2 and heading to extra time and then, who knows....

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
me too and perhaps Turkey can surprise a few? Austria is so hyped right now and look great under Rangnick, but I wouldn't be so shocked to see Turkey giving them a very hard game
Turkey have good players aswell, that's a hard one to call. Extra time and then who knows.

Holland to scrape a 2-1 in the other game.

Hanks

Austria beat Turkey 6-1 in a friendly back in March. and Turkey's best player Hakan is suspended.

But then again, Turkey are a super unpredictable team , so you never know with them.

Kirk lazarus

My one concern with Austria is that the high tempo gig is also high risk . I think they will have enough to see off turkey though .

Netherlands should beat Romania . Denis man has apparently clocked the fastest player at the euros ? I'd expect ake to handle that threat .

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Dumfries in for Geertruida and Simons for Veerman. Seems fair enough. Still would like to see Frimpong more.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
So he's putting CL finalist Malen and Bundesliga revelation of the season Frimpong on the bench to *CHECKS MOTHERFECKING NOTES* play Ajax reject Bergwijn who was one of the catalysts of the worst Ajax team of all time? And out of position as well?

REALLY?!

Redplane

Massive moobs (planned for Christmas)
So he's putting CL finalist Malen and Bundesliga revelation of the season Frimpong on the bench to *CHECKS MOTHERFECKING NOTES* play Ajax reject Bergwijn who was one of the catalysts of the worst Ajax team of all time? And out of position as well?

REALLY?!
I really hope they at least see some minutes. Especially Frimpong. The lack of playing time he gets is absolutely criminal at this pt.

Revan

Assumptionman
Holland's team is very bad to be fair. The defense is quite good, but the midfield and attack are very mediocre.

DutchSerb

Supports
FC Groningen
Positive we'll win, but might be another snoozefest. Think Austria vs Turkey will be the more entertaining game.

Irwin99

Holland's team is very bad to be fair. The defense is quite good, but the midfield and attack are very mediocre.
On paper the defence and the depth they have there is outstanding and i just wonder if they could have gone with a 3-5-2 formation with wingbacks to get the best out of Frimpong (or just play him as a winger?). But yeah the midfield and attack looks a bit crappy.