Round of 16 | France vs Belgium | Portugal vs Slovenia

This French midfield is so mid in possession.

Pogba, flaws and all, is a major loss for this team.

He provided the creativity from the midfield. Kante & Matuidi did the dirty work. Kante-Tchouameni-Rabiot, although solid is such an uninspiring midfield combination.

France need to bring on Giroud and Dembele and push Griezman into midfield for Tchouameni. Thuram is a waste of space in a game like this where there no room in behind the defenders.

Dembélé can stay where he is, he can even leave Germany. Barcola or Coman should be the only options.

Whatever it is both teams are pretending to do here surely isn't playing football.

Suppose to have been the best draw of the round but been a boring game so far

Thuram is a bit bobbins, isn’t he? Name doing him a favour

I'll be genuinely shocked if this game ends up as anything other than 1-0 Mbappe (p).

Dembélé can stay where he is, he can even leave Germany. Barcola or Coman should be the only options.

They are all the same type of player really. Just need someone else on the right wing to push Griezman more central.

Thuram is a bit bobbins, isn’t he? Name doing him a favour

He's basically there for his workrate, because god knows Mbappe and Dembele (when on) can't be arsed tracking back.

Mbappe has been utter crap so far

They are all the same type of player really. Just need someone else on the right wing to push Griezman more central.

They aren't Coman is a hard working winger on both sides, Barcola is willing to attack his opponent while Dembélé has been feckless.

Is Giroud completely shot? I don't think Mbappe works as a central striker. He excels when running with the ball at the goal. Needs to come off the left.

Maybe its over saturation but I'm finding football utterly boring of late.