Round of 16 | England vs Slovakia | Spain vs Georgia

Stadjer

Yamal playing the full 90 mins is child abuse
I read an article that it is against German law for kids under 18 to work past 23:00. It is 23:00 right now in Germany but if he also has to extra time, he is breaking German labour laws.

Actually the showering and media stuff after a game is also part of the work so he is breaking German law :lol:

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Ruiz was playing much better before he joined PSG though. It happened to too many players over there
Not really, he had some good seasons but the last ones weren't particular good. There is a reason why he was a late buy and no big club actually came for him in spite of being cheap.

That_Bloke

Supports
Leicester City
Gotta give props to de la Fuente. Took what had been a successful formula for Spanish football the last two decades, and made space for talented fast wingers that might have been blocked by a more conservative manager. Wonderful stuff.
He's done an incredible work. Spain are a brilliant team and I think that the winner of their next round will get their hand on the trophy.

Hoof the ball

It's so expected it's not worthy of mentioning I think is the point people are trying to make.
And it's also a redundant point too!

"For all his talent, he's been wasteful" says absolutely nothing about the kid outside of one sample game.

Mbappe has had games where he's been wasteful. So has Vini Jr. So has every player in the world. It's just a silly statement.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
Spain will be champions, if they don't do something silly. They are very good, and they don't feck around, while everybody else seems to be not quite there

I wish they had somebody other than Morata, up front. I know he has great record for the national team, but for me he is still the same annoying Chelsea flop moron that I knew him as during his premiership days :D

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
I mean sure it’s true but how many clinical 16 year olds have you watched?
You’re right of course but I’m just pointing out what I’m seeing. I’m hardly trying to have a referendum on his overall ability. He missed a lot of chances, and I posted that he’s quite wasteful. It’s inevitable that he’ll improve on that front.

Abraxas

Spain will be champions, if they don't do something silly. They are very good, and they don't feck around, while everybody else seems to be not quite there

I wish they had somebody other than Morata, up front. I know he has great record for the national team, but for me he is still the same annoying Chelsea flop moron that I knew him as during his premiership days :D
Morata isn't great but it seems to work in this side. He's a pretty decent player for occupying defenders and making runs, it makes the whole front line of Spain quite hard to handle with the wingers playing so wide.

I'm sure they'd love an upgrade but at least it seems to work stylistically unlike Harry Kane for England where he's clearly still a top forward as evidenced by this season but no fecker runs ahead of him and he starts drifting into other people's space.

Vitro

You’re right of course but I’m just pointing out what I’m seeing. I’m hardly trying to have a referendum on his overall ability. He missed a lot of chances, and I posted that he’s quite wasteful. It’s inevitable that he’ll improve on that front.
Yes, fair enough if you didn’t know his age. He was wasteful. But of course you’d expect confidence, decision making and subsequent finishing to rapidly improve with experience.

RedStarUnited

Gotta give props to de la Fuente. Took what had been a successful formula for Spanish football the last two decades, and made space for talented fast wingers that might have been blocked by a more conservative manager. Wonderful stuff.
I dont think Luis Enrique was conservative, he didnt have these wingers DLF has. Lamal is 16, there is no one at his level behind him.

RoyH1

I read an article that it is against German law for kids under 18 to work past 23:00. It is 23:00 right now in Germany but if he also has to extra time, he is breaking German labour laws.

Actually the showering and media stuff after a game is also part of the work so he is breaking German law :lol:
They said in one of the Danish broadcasts of the Spain matches, that the Spanish delegation has a full time legal clerk that takes care of all the issues surrounding him in regards to German legislation. They also said that he’s not allowed to be alone with any manager (always 2 adults rule) and his parents have to fill consent forms for every game that might end after a certain time. Insane.

AfonsoAlves

Lamine Yamal is going to end up like Pedri, Gavi, Dembele, Fati and Bojan at this rate.

Too much pressure and physical exposure on what is essentially a teenager going through puberty.

Spain and Barca really need to take a step back and re-evaluate.

utdalltheway

Sexy Beast
Spain looking great. The only big side so far for me, apart from Portugal maybe, to live up to their billing.
It should be an interesting 1/4 final with Spain/Germany.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016

That’s actually mental. :lol:

AfonsoAlves

Pelé
Ronaldo Nazário

That's the list, I think.
Nobody also saw what Pele was like as a 16 year old.

17 year old Ronaldo was midway through his first season at Cruziero and again, I doubt anybody saw what he was like then.

RedStarUnited

Lamine Yamal is going to end up like Pedri, Gavi, Dembele, Fati and Bojan at this rate.

Too much pressure and physical exposure on what is essentially a teenager going through puberty.

Spain and Barca really need to take a step back and re-evaluate.
Why do people keep bringing up Dembeles injury issues like he wasnt signed for 100m+ at 21? He was not signed to be a young player you ease in. He was signed to replace Neymar.

Also Yamal is physically way more developed that all those other diminutive players you mentioned.

LA BOMBA

Supports
Atletico

Is he doing any work though? It's national team, he doesn't have a contact with them.

Playing on Euros is officialy considered a hobby and not work.

The-Mezzala

If PSG want to sell Fabien Ruiz and Ugarte that would be ok with me! What a player Ruiz is. Williams been player of the tournament so far. Spain big favourites now by far the best team. The Germany QF has the makings of a classic. Probably disappoint

padr81

Supports
Man City
Pelé
Ronaldo Nazário

That's the list, I think.
R9 was 17-18 in his breakthrough season at Cruzeiro though, he hadn't kicked a top level ball at Yamals age. But agreed that its fair to say Yamal won't be R9 prolific next season.