Round of 16 | England vs Slovakia | Spain vs Georgia

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Slovakia has a decent midfield with Lobotka, Duda and Kucka. And a decent backline with Hancko and Skriniar.

They're not a pushover but England really should be winning this without pens.

Pronewbie

Peep
The Slovaks will be tricky opposition for England. They deserved a positive result against a very poor Belgium, and the way they threw their lead against Ukraine was a bit sus. They also had arguably the better opportunities in their tie against Romania.

I think the Slovakian wings and half-spaces are there to be exploited with pace and it's up to Southgate to be brave enough to make the necessary changes.

As for Spain vs Georgia, there's a small chance of a major upset.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Everyone has their own kinks and I'm not judging you but it's kinda inappropriate to ask for that sort of thing here.
Haha. Fair play. I guess you don't find him sexy.

I am of course talking about some wind up videos of him slagging off players.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
The Slovaks will be tricky opposition for England. They deserved a positive result against a very poor Belgium, and the way they threw their lead against Ukraine was a bit sus. They also had arguably the better opportunities in their tie against Romania.

I think the Slovakian wings and half-spaces are there to be exploited with pace and it's up to Southgate to be brave enough to make the necessary changes.

As for Spain vs Georgia, there's a small chance of a major upset.
Lobotka and Skinirar are excellent players for sure, just not sure Slovaks have the forward players to expose Trippier and Guehi. Swiss do.

They'll set up exactly like Slovenia I imagine so England really need to play like they did v Serbia in the first 20 minutes and get on the front foot and score and then it likely will be comfortable.

Pronewbie

Peep
Lobotka and Skinirar are excellent players for sure, just not sure Slovaks have the forward players to expose Trippier and Guehi. Swiss do.

They'll set up exactly like Slovenia I imagine so England really need to play like they did v Serbia in the first 20 minutes and get on the front foot and score and then it likely will be comfortable.
Yes England should have enough in their locker to win it if Southgate is brave enough to make the necessary offensive changes..

I doubt they'll park the bus like Slovenia though. At least they didn't against Belgium from kick-off.

Yes those 1st 20mins against Serbia were decent from England, but at the same time I think Slovakia are a better side and will see more of the ball.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
After yesterday's fixtures, it seems clear that you can't sit back the whole game now we're in the knockout stages.

Unless England (Southgate) are prepared to push for a 2nd, assuming we score a first, then we're going to come unstuck very quickly against these highly motivated lower ranked teams.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
It's really unfortunate that the kick-off times aren't the other way around. Gelsenkirchen has been robbed of the opportunity to show everyone how much they have improved their transportation concept.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Looking forward to the Spain match. Georgia games are always entertaining and well Spain have played arguably the best football of the tournament. Should be a cracker but I can see Spain winning by a few goals.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
European friendship is already being celebrated:

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
0-0, England win 1-0 on pens after a record breaking 63 misses.

Spain 3-0, Georgia, feel Spain will just have too much and reckon Georgia will be more leggy now.

Kirk lazarus

We need to see some chemistry developing between players today . I'm Sick to death of hearing about quality on paper . It means nothing until it's shown on the pitch.

Southgate is Southgate , it is what it is . These players still need to show up . They don't get a free pass just because none of us like big nose .

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
How many were available for England?
6 thousands tickets alone were already guaranteed for England fans that had already gone to another game. 7500 tickets is about 13-14% of available tickets so not sold out like reported. There are way more fans in Gelsenkirchen than that.
Reporter also said that some fans were saving the money for later games.

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

Took Southgate 3 games to realise England are a better team with Mainoo starting.

The fact that he's persisting with Foden on the left, even though it clearly doesn't work, will probably be his downfall this tournament. He's too cowardly to either a) drop the PFA player of the year or b) drop a Real Madrid star. It's so obvious to anyone with a pair of eyes that one of them needs to be dropped to resolve the LW issue.

NotChatGPT

Brownfinger
So the fecker keeps making one change in hope that it will just make everything else click. Christ.

Telsim

Alright, the Austrian Grand Prix really put me in a positive mood.

Time for Southgate's England to fix this.

Massive Spanner

The Football Grinch
Foden still starting :lol: :lol: :lol:
Is it really an issue? You’re talking about the best player in the premier league last season. Surely you let players like that play into form? English fans are obsessed with dropping players if they’re not in top form. Southgate is the problem for not getting the best out of him.

TrailMonkey

In the interview just now, Safegate was asked why he's kept 10 of the previous 11 players... his reply, "They've proved they're our best players."

WTF?