Romelu Lukaku | Napoli watch

The hazard one was horrendous.

This one doesn’t get much of a mention though oddly. Antony gets some stick and regular mentions as one of the worst deals but arguably this has to be up there!

In fairness likely it's in part because he was shown the door quite quickly (albeit on loan) so there's a bit less scrutiny on him day to day. Still though it's absolutely correct to say that his stench lingers like a fart in a hot elevator

In fairness likely it's in part because he was shown the door quite quickly (albeit on loan) so there's a bit less scrutiny on him day to day. Still though it's absolutely correct to say that his stench lingers like a fart in a hot elevator
:lol:
How are Portugal going to do this time mate? What’s your prediction

:lol:
How are Portugal going to do this time mate? What’s your prediction

Put a cheeky €50 to win ~€24,500 on Portugal to win with Rafa Leao top scorer - can't say I have a whole lot of faith after yesterday!

Still think Portugal are best placed to win the whole thing if they'd just play a cohesive XI - but starting to think that Roberto Martinez is suffering from PTSD due to the lack of Belgian fullbacks and that's why he's insisting on playing 3 of them for some bizarre reason. Would say as well that I underestimated the impact Nagelsmann would have coming into this tournament; for me he's by some distance the best manager at the tournament and the German approach to just completely overwhelm the middle of the pitch is quite interesting.

Wasn’t the move back to Chelsea just shy of £100m? Huge wages too?

Must be one of the worst, if not the worst, signings in football history.

I dunno about football history but for me he is hands down the worst transfer in PL history.

He played well last night, from his movement, running with the ball, first time strike that was offside and working hard for the team. Same with KDB and some others after that poor first game, they could be a threat with Doku as well but we'll see when the games get tougher.

It's certainly up there. Probably would argue Hazard to Madrid was worse given it was a bigger fee and Chelsea have managed to get loan fees for Lukaku for the last couple years, but Lukaku was of course also inarguably a much more significant destabilising force.
Think Lukaku has to be worse purely because of how obvious it was.

Hazard got a really bad injury then (as he pointed out in his interview with Mikel) couldn't get the nessesery treatment during his recovery because of lockdown. A lot of circumstances beyond his and Madrid's control transpired whereas we only had to do the basic level of due dillengence on Lukaku's attitude and lack of suitability to the style of football Tuchel had us playing yet we ignored such clear and obvious red flags.

He dominated against Brazil even if he didn't score. I get it, the guy is easy to laugh at but his goal scoring record is impressive despite all his flaws. Belgium is a small country who rely on the likes of Mpenza before Lukaku came about.
He must have played what over 100 games against top opponents in his career by now?

Law of averages they'll be a few outliers, but in general sense he just doesn't have the technical ability or tactical awareness to outsmart the top defenders regularly.

Well, no.

In my original post, I made no reference to anyone here at all.

And yes, you can criticise Romelu Lukaku's performances without being racist. That goes without saying.

But would you not agree that when you have pundits routinely singling out black players when everyone has played badly that it is not slightly suspicious? You would not expect, for example, an ironic highlights reel of some of the chances Harry Kane has been missing of late, but it's totally normal to see it for Lukaku and Nicolas Jackson.

The fact is that there is a lot thinly-veiled racism that goes on in society and football is no different.

I just feel with what Lukaku has gone through, with a pundit literally saying that you can stop him by feeding him bananas, and fans chanting racist songs at him, that people should lay off a bit. Black people and ethnic minorities go through an immense amount of day to day racism that is not necessarily overt.
I think with Lukaku it's mainly because he's just a very unlikeable person. Look at the last clubs he's been at... United fans, Chelsea fans, Inter fans have all grown to strongly dislike him. And with this being a United forum it's hardly surprising he gets a lot of stick for bad performances. Whenever I hear commentators talking about him, they speak of him as a top striker.

What makes it funnier is how billy big bollocks he acted after that re-debut against Arsenal
In summer 2021, I warned my mate who's a Chelsea fan that he'll flop and angle for a move shortly after signing. He wouldn't listen. He blamed United's staff for Lukaku being overweight as we apparently failed to notice an underlying medical condition he had. Fast forward 4 months and he was messaging me saying I was right. It was beautiful to watch the fanbase turn against him even quicker than I expected.

Watching him constantly pointing and throwing his hands up in the air is really infuriating stuff.

Infuriating player. No good. Just lucky to be in a Belgian team that has not one proper striker.

Worse than Antony?

Yes, way worse than Antony. This guy not only came back for 100m but 350k a week wages only for him to say.. I want to go back to Inter.

At least Antony has given us a few good moments like Arsenal, Barcelona and Liverpool.

Not signing for Conte in 2017 was the worst mistake of his life :lol: