Film RIP Chadwick Boseman

Shocking news. Much too young to be departing this world. I watched Draft Day again recently when trying to kill a lazy afternoon and he gave an impressive performance as one of the draftees in what was an otherwise average, but interesting to a sports fan, movie.

RIP, buddy.

I love him in 42 as Jackie Robinson... Really elevates that movie.

Between that and his performance in Get On Up, he really nailed the biopic.

Such heartbreaking news.

Along with Kobe this really hits home that even if you're a real life superhero, life can still be taken away from you to soon.

R.I.P

Had to re-read the headline a few times this morning for it to sink in. Can't believe it. Cruel. Completely cruel. I can't think of anything worse than somebody being taken way before their time being up, when they still have so much more to give.

Can't comprehend what he must have been going through, but to still continue making so many films whilst going through that - that's heroic. A true hero and an inspiration to many.

R.I.P.

Thought this was a completely different person for a moment, couldn't believe it. The amount of people who see Black Panther as not just a great character but also a symbol is a part of his legacy.

Incredible that he managed to have the strength to perform so excellently in all of those pictures while going through what will have been a horrible experience for him and his family. He may have not reached the heights of Hollywood until late into his career but in that short space of time he played characters that will be remembered forever and that's a testament to him as an actor and a person. RIP.

Absolutely heartbreaking news and just pretty much sums up this whole year as a whole. As many have already said, he was a superb young actor.

R.I.P.

What a shock that was to wake up to. Loved him as BP :(

Seems everyone is of on mind here. Seemed so talented and an all around gentleman. Crazy to think he was battling it for the last 4 years. Don't recall hearing about that before. RIP good sir.

Rest In Power King

He actually died on Jackie Robinson day, which is who 42 the movie was about. Makes it all the more crazy.
And even crazier is that Jackie Robinson day isn't supposed to happen today, but the league got delayed due to the pandemic and got moved to today

Really enjoy all the movies he's in, always excellent performance. 21 bridges is worth a watch. Sad day was looking forward to his interpretation of black panther going forward. To hear he did most of his big films whilst with cancer, shows that he truly was dedicated to his craft. RIP Chad have your test now. Wakanda forever.

RIP. His best work(or at least work that he'll be remembered for) came when he was already diagnosed with Stage 3 cancer. Unbelievable.

This is tragic to watch, knowing he knew he had cancer himself during this interview

This is so sad, he is talking about the kids but clearly expressing what he feels himself through them as well. Knowing what we know now it is painful to watch.

Was genuinely shocked when i saw this pop up on my news feed this morning. Took me back to when I heard that Brandon Lee died albeit in different circumstances.

Had no idea he was dealing with cancer. He was younger than me so really hammers home how precious time is.

RIP.

I was lucky enough to get to meet him, if only for a passing moment. I taught at his alma mater when 42 came out and he came to the school for a pep rally. He was as genuine and nice as he seems in those interviews. A very grounded individual.

Really sad news liked him as an actor.

Amazing that he had the strength to battle through an illness like that for 4 years while keeping it secret and continuing to make movies.

He'll be missed. RIP

Colon

My best friend had it and died at 37, took hold 2 years earlier and progressed rapidly. When these things hit, they can hit at any age...utterly devastating

Same here. My friend at work died at 32 from colon cancer. I still can't believe how this disease affects men from such a young age. It also seems to affect men of African descent more than others.