Film RIP Chadwick Boseman

The performance he gave us through Black Panther will inspire generations to come, I’ve always had a great deal of emotion around that film [all be it about a comic book] because of how it empowered a group of young people who’ve never seen themselves on screens like that before.

Thank you Chadwick, you left a true legacy.

That's heartbreaking. He was brilliant for black panther, feck this year man. I can't believe it:(:(. RIP man

Jesus I had to take two after I read that to make sure. Horrendous.

Cancer is such a bastard of a thing, it really can take anyone :(

Wow, that's just a complete shock. Such a talented actor taken away by a piece of shit disease.

RIP and condolences to his loved ones.

I still can't believe it. He was indeed a true superhero: fighting for his life while working and inspiring people.

Rest in Peace..

Tragic news :(
I just watched Black Panther and Civil War the other day as part of a Marvel marathon, he was absolutely iconic as Black Panther.
No idea he was so ill, he faced cancer with incredible dignity. Rest easy now King T’Challa.

R.I.P Chadwick :(

Colon cancer in his late 30s? That's utterly brutal.

I had a close family member go through the treatment for that over the course of 5 or so years and would not wish it on my worst enemy. Incredible that he continued to work, says a lot about the man.

Will watch one of his films today. Being an incredibly selfish film fan, this is a loss to the art.

Last edited:
Awful news. Imagine doing everything he has done over the last 3 or 4 years while privately battling this. Incredible strength.

Colin cancer in his late 30s? That's utterly brutal.

I had a close family member go through the treatment for that over the course of 5 or so years and would not wish it on my worst enemy. Incredible that he continued to work, says a lot about the man.

Will watch one of his films today. Being an incredibly selfish film fan, this is a loss to the art.

Colon

My best friend had it and died at 37, took hold 2 years earlier and progressed rapidly. When these things hit, they can hit at any age...utterly devastating

This is so sad. It makes complete sense why he left the role of black panther now... 43 is absolutely nothing, he had a great talent and entertained millions. RIP :(

Wakanda Forever. What an iconic performance he gave as Black Panther.. so much more to give but glad he managed to make an impact which will stand the test of time before his passing. RIP.

Holy shit that’s absolutely shocking, what an incredible man fighting cancer and still producing those performances.

I only watched the Marvel films recently, he was brilliant and that role will be remembered forever.

RIP

Colin cancer in his late 30s? That's utterly brutal.

My favourite gaming YouTuber John Bain was diagnosed with the same cancer in his late 20s and died a few years after, it's a nasty one.

Well that's just horrible news. Testament to the man that he continued to act throughout. An absolute warrior and an example to us all. feck cancer.

Doing 10 films of the scale he did while going through cancer treatment is just amazing.

What a legacy of empowerment. So sad though...just imagine what he could have done as a big player in Hollywood.

Apparently he was funded through university by a mystery benefactor that turned out to be Denzel Washington.

I'm sure he would have done the same. Thoughts go out to his family. What a terrible loss to the world.

My favourite gaming YouTuber John Bain was diagnosed with the same cancer in his late 20s and died a few years after, it's a nasty one.
I remember that. He kept working just so his family would have something when he was gone.

I don’t quite have the words for it, it’s beyond heartbreaking to know that he was carrying this and continued to work for the last few years.
His catalog is incredible and the legacy he leaves with movies like Black Panther & 42 are immeasurable.

Rest in Peace, and feck cancer

Always terrible news when cancer takes anyone but always seems to hit harder when it takes someone so young and who seemed so strong and in full bloom! Incredible he was able to achieve what he did over these last few years while battling that.

Very sad.

:( RIP

He would have inspired so many people. And as most people said BP will be a highlight for many people

Ugh at 2020

I’m a 30+ year old man who argues on internet forums but this is EXACTLY why he will forever remain important to me & many others.

What he did was iconic & meant so much to so many; a truly inspirational man.

Lost my uncle to the same cancer horrible disease, Rest In Peace black panther.

Shocking news. Much too young to be departing this world. I watched Draft Day again recently when trying to kill a lazy afternoon and he gave an impressive performance as one of the draftees in what was an otherwise average, but interesting to a sports fan, movie.

RIP, buddy.

I’m a 30+ year old man who argues on internet forums but this is EXACTLY why he will forever remain important to me & many others.

What he did was iconic & meant so much to so many; a truly inspirational man.

Saw this on BBC this morning. Apparently he'd do this quite often;turn up unexpectedly and mingle with fans. Shades of Robin Williams

Saw this on BBC this morning. Apparently he'd do this quite often;turn up unexpectedly and mingle with fans. Shades of Robin Williams
Seems like it’s always people battling their own demons behind closed doors who give back to the world and their fans

Colon cancer in his late 30s? That's utterly brutal.

58.3 per 100,000 in non-hispanic black males.
46.9 per 100,000 among all males.

Colon cancer is a real bitch to the black population in America (at least).

I really think Black Panther is one of the most iconic, and probably meaningful roles of all time. What horrible news, RIP.