Riccardo Calafiori | Signs for Arsenal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoof the ball

So, looks like Juve are practically having a free run at a sensational young centre-back. I'm non-plussed as to why we've identified Branthwaite and yet are not exploring options for Calafiore for what would be a very reasonable price.

That very reasonable price being quoted for Juve suddenly wouldn’t be all that reasonable if we got involved. The Utd/PL club tax would bump that right up!

Isn't he a left footed CB? With Licha here I can see why we don't want him.

No Italian footballer is picking United over Juventus to be fair.

No Italian footballer is picking United over Juventus to be fair.

Many years ago sure, right now? Im sure the Premier League money, the media exposure, Manchester United size and current state of Juventus would make some Italian players think twice?

Is there any Italian defender ever who has done their best work outside of Serie A? Panucci at a push?

Braithwaite price is crazy when you compare it to a lad that helped his team get champions league,showed top qualities and potential, made a final euros squad and starts for a top 10 nation... he's class,but lisandro already has the left side nailed down.

Is there any Italian defender ever who has done their best work outside of Serie A? Panucci at a push?

Think it's a much easier league for defenders, even though they do produce some fantastic ones.

Look how much better smalling looked at roma

Not a big fan of taking converted LB who has never played outside of Italy (and was coverted to play there in a very specific system) as one of our CB signings. Better to just use Shaw there and sign an actual first team ready LB as well as a bonifide CB.

Think it's a much easier league for defenders, even though they do produce some fantastic ones.

Look how much better smalling looked at roma

Ogbonna for West Ham. Raggi for Monaco. Udogie for Spurs (although still too young).

But none of the best ever moved abroad during their best years. Cannavaro and Zambrotta were already past their peaks when going to Real and Barca.

He is already a very good player, who is on the cusp of turning into a top player. He is also a two birds, one stone player as he can both LCB and LB. Think he would be a very good signing for us if he wants to leave Italy.

Calafiori has a very interesting profile. Sensational player. He’ll probably end up being the record transfer of Basel ahead of Akanji and Embolo as we have a 50% sell-on clause.

So, looks like Juve are practically having a free run at a sensational young centre-back. I'm non-plussed as to why we've identified Branthwaite and yet are not exploring options for Calafiore for what would be a very reasonable price.

I think with these performances he deserves to have his name spelled correctly

Don't Italian players generally prefer to stay in Italy, even when the league isn't quite what it was

This is the type of player I would love at United. Instead of Branthwaite

Calafiori around £35m and we’ll pay for Branthwaite around £60m :lol:
We are still the same as we were under Glazers i’m afraid.

Not surprising since we don't have a CEO or a sporting director right now.

Not surprising since we don't have a CEO or a sporting director right now.
So who’s taking all the decisions regarding transfers? I refuse to believe there isn’t any communication between Ineos, Berada, Wilcox and possibly ashworth.

Ive rarely seen Italian players move out of their league specially if they are being courted by Juve / ACM / Inter so a move to United would never happen unless we offer obscene money which we no longer can ( or should )

Many years ago sure, right now? Im sure the Premier League money, the media exposure, Manchester United size and current state of Juventus would make some Italian players think twice?

Juventus are still the most attractive destination for most Italian players, bar maaaybe Real Madrid?

Thiago Motta, Calafiori's current coach is also joining Juventus, in what seems to be the beginning of an incredibly exciting project which should see Juventus become a real challenger for the CL within 2-3 years, as well as a real rival to Inter Milan, because as it stands, Inzaghi and Motta are the two best coaches in Italy, however, only one of them has been managing a big club, but that's about to change. Also, Motta is incredible at setting up a defense, and if Juve sign him a few good defenders, they will be a real contender to Arteta and Arsenal for the best defense in the world title. I imagine Calafiori being Italian, and having basically broken through as a player under Motta, will choose Juventus over anyone this summer.

Juve fans seem quite eager and the price seems too good to belive.

Assuming he's open to playing abroad it just a no brainer even with the forthcoming pl tax that we'll be burdened with.

You’re assuming he’d want to come. Italians often stay in their league.

Will be interesting to see him and Scalvini together for Italy in the future. Scalvini misses the tournament due to injury right before it but has done more at 20 years old

Status
Not open for further replies.