Renato Sanches

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its forgotten now but Anderson wasnt actually a liability at first. He was one of our best players in the big games between 2008 and 2011. You cant really remember many shocking games from him in those years, and he played in most of our big away games.

Its sad what he became but he had more than a decent start!
Yep, Anderson was revered like Martial... Shit started to get real in his third year or so.

So you say, but again with comparisons from the past. His style of football has changed dramatically, he has even admitted this. Basti [currently] offers no such threat. He also played a five at the back when Wijnaldum played (in a cup-competition at that), so I don't think that comparison holds much weight either.
The past? He was given the United job because of his past.
In every job before United he is had this specific type player in midfield because there is none at United right now doesn't mean he can't utilise them like everyone seem to be implying.

I think I was the only poster who was dissapointed with the Memphis signing at the time.

Sanches looks pretty exciting from the little I've seen of him. We could do with a player like him driving us forward with pace in midfield.

I also said quite a few times that I'd rather we we go for Costa or Moura instead as Memphis isn't a player who can run past 2 or 3 with the ball, which is what we needed.

Later that window, Bayern of course signed Costa.

How reliable are the Portugese paper O Jogo, who are reporting United are in 'advanced' talks...

Looks a good player for his age, although already fully developed physically so won't improve further in that respect.

All Benfica supporters I know are raving about the guy, but they all say he needs another season to further develop at Benfica.

I wouldn't mind buying him and loaning him back for 6-12 months.

How reliable are the Portugese paper O Jogo, who are reporting United are in 'advanced' talks...

Aren't they the ones that were constantly saying we were signing/had signed Gaitan and Garay?

@Sly said that ''O Jogo'' is the most reliable sports paper in Portugal. They aren´t always right but they have the biggest percentage of imminent transfers report of all portuguese sports sites.

A Bola were the ones with Gaitan mostly, think they are shite.

Another deadline signing? Clearly the club isnt as organized in this department as it used to be...

@Sly said that ''O Jogo'' is the most reliable sports paper in Portugal. They aren´t always right but they have the biggest percentage of imminent transfers report of all portuguese sports sites.

A Bola were the ones with Gaitan mostly, think they are shite.
A Bola are a mess. It was like they were being paid by Gaitan's agent.

Another deadline signing? Clearly the club isnt as organized in this department as it used to be...
I can see where you're coming from but, it's a bit different with a player of his age. Most clubs might be waiting until the summer to sign him and see how he performs until then. Paying a huge sum for a player in his breakthrough season is always a risk, if we want him we'll have to move now.

How so?
None of the first team targets are available. Bale etc all going nowhere in January. So buying a player for the future is a sign that the club isn't organised? I'd say getting the lad signed up so no one else grabs him is a good sign of planning for the future.
United appear to have been active bidding for top level players, but as their clubs don't need to sell..... So we look to sign the next group of world class players as our plan B. Is that not a sign of planning & organisation?

How so?
None of the first team targets are available. Bale etc all going nowhere in January. So buying a player for the future is a sign that the club isn't organised? I'd say getting the lad signed up so no one else grabs him is a good sign of planning for the future.
United appear to have been active bidding for top level players, but as their clubs don't need to sell..... So we look to sign the next group of world class players as our plan B. Is that not a sign of planning & organisation?

What I mean is that if we have been following this guy for some time why dont Ed and the guys tie up the deal sooner rather than waiting until the last day when the price most likely will be at its highest? Just a thought.

What I mean is that if we have been following this guy for some time why dont Ed and the guys tie up the deal sooner rather than waiting until the last day when the price most likely will be at its highest? Just a thought.
or perhaps we weren't planning on buying him until the summer either but other clubs interests means we want to get him tied down. We probably won't sign him for another few months anyway.

Also read another Benfica fan raving about him on a different forum. Would be quite happy to pick him up and loan back for another 6-12 months. When you look at the talent that's come through that team in the last 5+ years he must be legit to get such good reviews.

or perhaps we weren't planning on buying him until the summer either but other clubs interests means we want to get him tied down. We probably won't sign him for another few months anyway.

Yeah, probably. Very convenient Benfica and his agent to brief about other interests to push the price up.

Could do with another midfielder with the possibility of Schweinsteiger not being back for a while. Sign him up.

We have so many midfielders that don't suit the double pivot; Herrera, Pereira, Fellaini, Schneiderlin, Schweinsteiger - who are all more combative midfielder. Only proven player is Carrick and it's questionable if he has the legs for it anymore despite having the technical quality.

Renato looks to me of the same mould as well; drives forward and is a powerful dribbler.

Surely a change in system is in need if we sign him.

If you're aware of that, do you not think the selling club might be as well?

Well as we've been linked to him for over a week, maybe just maybe we haven't waited until the final day we've been in advanced talks and agreeing terms. Who knows.

Well as we've been linked to him for over a week, maybe just maybe we haven't waited until the final day we've been in advanced talks and agreeing terms. Who knows.
There is a tweet in the M.E.N. from the player about playing for Benfica tonight, so will be a very rushed transfer if he is coming tomorrow.

There is a tweet in the M.E.N. from the player about playing for Benfica tonight, so will be a very rushed transfer if he is coming tomorrow.
Supposed to be loaning him back, so wouldn't affect anything, everything may well have been agreed. Or it's complete tripe & he's not signing.

Status
Not open for further replies.