RedCafe's Top 50 Films Of All Time Submission/Discussion Thread

Should I use the template provided to submit my choices?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Am I the only person here who just doesn't enjoy animated films? I'm practically being forced to watch them from time to time having a young daughter but I just can't seem to enjoy any of them. Which is very strange because I really loved stuff like dragon ball and such as a kid and I still love videogames to this day. Animated films don't do it anymore though, I need actors from flesh and blood to enjoy a film, something must have gone wrong at some point during my childhood, right? :nervous:

Am I the only person here who just doesn't enjoy animated films? I'm practically being forced to watch them from time to time having a young daughter but I just can't seem to enjoy any of them. Which is very strange because I really loved stuff like dragon ball and such as a kid and I still love videogames to this day. Animated films don't do it anymore though, I need actors from flesh and blood to enjoy a film, something must have gone wrong at some point during my childhood, right? :nervous:
Probably. I am not the biggest fan of them, but still some are amazing. Spirited Away, Wall-E and The Lion King (although this may be because of nostalgia) are excellent movies which would make my top 50.

Revan, have you seen Wreck-it Ralph?

Probably. I am not the biggest fan of them, but still some are amazing. Spirited Away, Wall-E and The Lion King (although this may be because of nostalgia) are excellent movies which would make my top 50.
I've never even seen the Lion King yet, these films just don't appeal to me for some reason.

How come you've not tried his other films?

I actually had, and quite liked Fallen Angels. Completely forgot about that- and also Chinatown and Wall-E(another recommendation from the thread) come voting time though :mad:

Chungking Express I haven't seen yet, it's on my list.

I've never even seen the Lion King yet, these films just don't appeal to me for some reason.
The Lion King I think is more for kids, pretty sure that there have been 15 years or so since the last time I have watched it.

Wall-E, Up, Spirited Away and to a degree Princess Mononoke are more for adults and all are brilliant.

Revan, have you seen Wreck-it Ralph?
No, never heard about it.

You'd probably think it's the best thing since sliced bread cos it references loads of video games. But as it doesn't mention TOKOR or whatever it's called, you'd then say it's shit! :D

Lion King works for adults as well, a lot of parents who saw it first time being adults still loved it. I watch it on a 'regular' basis (say every couple of years or so), never get bored of it.

I probably wouldn't be a big fan of animated films either if I'd only seen Pixar's and Dreamworks' work and not any of the Disney classics like The Lion King and several ethereal Japanese animations.

Overrated. Pulp Fiction is great but his self-indulgence is quite nauseating.
If you feel that way then i am surprised you don't rate Jackie Brown higher than all of his other films considering it is unlike all them because it is based on a Elmore Leonard novel. It is defiantly the film out of all of his that has actual real characters that feel they belong in a real world and not just objects to make his cool sound bites. Very underrated film in my opinion.

If you feel that way then i am surprised you don't rate Jackie Brown higher than all of his other films considering it is unlike all them because it is based on a Elmore Leonard novel. It is defiantly the film out of all of his that has actual real characters that feel they belong in a real world and not just objects to make his cool sound bites. Very underrated film in my opinion.
It's a really dull film that could easily have been 40 minutes shorter.

Sorry for bumping this: I know this list is done but I just thought I would share my top 20 (or actually 20 films that I liked a lot and can remember right now).

The Dark Knight (2008) - 1 - 15 Points
The Shawshank Redemption (1994) - 2 - 14 Points
The Green Mile (1999) - 3 - 13 Points
Monsters, Inc. (2001) - 4 - 12 Points
Toy Story 3 (2010) - 5 - 11 Points
Up (2009) - 6 - 10 Points
The Negotiator (1998) - 7 - 9 Points
Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back (1980) - 8 - 8 Points
Gone Girl (2014) - 9 - 7 Points
Inception (2010) - 10 - 6 Points
Dead Poets Society (1989) - 11 - 5 Points
The Matrix (1999) - 12 - 4 Points
Gladiator (2000) - 13 - 3 Points
Seven (1995) - 14 - 2 Points
12 Angry Men (1957) - 15 - 1 Point
The Incredibles (2004) - 16 - 1 Point
Downfall (2004) - 17 - 1 Point
Captain Phillips (2013) - 18 - 1 Point
Die Hard with a Vengeance (1995) - 19 - 1 Point
Total Recall (1990) - 20 - 1 Point

And 300 is a good film.

@Duffy we need a new top 50 list, one that I can join in in :)

Last edited:
Sorry for bumping this: I know this list is done but I just thought I would share my top 20 (or actually 20 films that I liked a lot and can remember right now).

The Dark Knight (2008) - 1 - 15 Points
The Shawshank Redemption (1994) - 2 - 14 Points
The Green Mile (1999) - 3 - 13 Points
Monsters, Inc. (2001) - 4 - 12 Points
Toy Story 3 (2010) - 5 - 11 Points
Up (2009) - 6 - 10 Points
The Negotiator (1998) - 7 - 9 Points
Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back (1980) - 8 - 8 Points
Gone Girl (2014) - 9 - 7 Points
Inception (2010) - 10 - 6 Points
Dead Poets Society (1989) - 11 - 5 Points
The Matrix (1999) - 12 - 4 Points
Gladiator (2000) - 13 - 3 Points
Seven (1995) - 14 - 2 Points
12 Angry Men (1957) - 15 - 1 Point
The Incredibles (2004) - 16 - 1 Point
Downfall (2004) - 17 - 1 Point
Captain Phillips (2013) - 18 - 1 Point
Die Hard with a Vengeance (1995) - 19 - 1 Point
Total Recall (1990) - 20 - 1 Point

And 300 is a good film.

@Duffy we need a new top 50 list, one that I can join in in :)
Nice list. Don't think I've seen the negotiator though, any good?

Would make a list of my own but I'd probably forget loads.

Nice list. Don't think I've seen the negotiator though, any good?

Would make a list of my own but I'd probably forget loads.

Yeah I probably did this too and it's very hard to order them. The negotiator isn't that well known a film, Kevin Spacey and Sam Jackson in a hostage thriller. Very good, entertaining film, give it a watch.

8-Learning-Process.gif