Film RedCafe's Favourite Movies Of All Time Contest (ROUND 10)

It's gonna get my vote. This round very quiet... People don't like animated films?
Nah, I love em. Can you give me a tldr - was busy the last couple of days.

Last edited:
1. Jungle book (original)
2. Blues Brothers
3.Madagascar
4. Willy Wonka and Chocolate Factory
5. The Incredibles

Shame there isn’t a round for Christmas movies.

Can we ignore the "s" in musicals so it becomes musical ? That opens up better films like Whiplash and School of Rock

1. A Bout de Souffle
2. South Park: Bigger, Longer and Uncut
3. The Cabinet of Dr. Cagliari
4. The Commitments
5. Fantasia

1. A Bout de Souffle
2. South Park: Bigger, Longer and Uncut
3. The Cabinet of Dr. Cagliari
4. The Commitments
5. Fantasia
Yes, nice film! Although I guess like Blues Brothers a music film rather than a musical. But I didn't care then so why would I care now. :cool:

4. The Commitments
Great film from a great series of books. My dad (from Cabra) introduced me to Roddy Doyles writing when this film came out.

Anyway, I digress, way back in the very early 90's, The Commitments did a UK tour and (I think) they did one in Derby, 7 miles from where I lived.

One weekend night, me and some mates went into the Melbourne Hotel in my village for a few pints and they were all in there fecking wasted. They did a spur of the moment accoustic set to about 20 - 30 of us. It was brilliant.

1. Rocky horror show
2. Inside out
3. La jetee (experimental?)
4. Lion King
5. Encanto (bangers)

1. Toy Story 3
2. Toy Story
3. Mulan
4. Spiderman: Into the Spider-Verse
5. The Lion King

1. The Lion King (1994)
2. Aladdin (1992)
3. The Nightmare Before Christmas
4. Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
5. Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs

1. Grave of the Fireflies
2. Spirited Away
3. Wall-E
4. Up
5. The Lion King (1994)

Very few experimental films so far. Need to change that:
1. Dogville
2. Last Year at Marienbad
3. Persona
4. Eraserhead
5. El Topo

1. Dogville
3. Persona
4. Eraserhead
5. El Topo

great shouts, haven‘t seen Persona though. Wasn‘t so sure what experimental really means but I guess early LvTrier or eventually even Bergman would apply.

great shouts, haven‘t seen Persona though. Wasn‘t so sure what experimental really means but I guess early LvTrier or eventually even Bergman would apply.
The experimental label is a bit difficult. It could apply to loads and loads of movies. But I guess the ones mentioned fit one way or another.
You really should watch Persona. Might be Bergman‘s most unusual movie. The beginning especially.

1. Dogville
3. Persona
4. Eraserhead
5. El Topo
Good list but they won't get through. Experimental would have been a worthy discrete category.

Good list but they won't get through. Experimental would have been a worthy discrete category.
Thanks.
I know they won’t get through. But I refuse to vote strategically. I’m like one of those people voting Jill Stein in 2016.

This one makes a lot of sense :smirk:
I'm not that miserable am I?

The only reason I like it, is because my older sister played a large role in the 1991 production in The Netherlands and I went to see it about 16 times as a kid :wenger:

The experimental label is a bit difficult. It could apply to loads and loads of movies. But I guess the ones mentioned fit one way or another.
You really should watch Persona. Might be Bergman‘s most unusual movie. The beginning especially.
Oh, it's by Bergman? Then I eventually "have it on the shelf" somewhere. I voted animated exclusively because it was easier from the top of the head but I did thought about putting Eraserhead in just because. Read a Lynch bio recently and it's an amazing production.

Yes, nice film! Although I guess like Blues Brothers a music film rather than a musical. But I didn't care then so why would I care now. :cool:

Yes but this is a tough category. I'm pushing the definition to its limits with A bout de souffle as well.

Great film from a great series of books. My dad (from Cabra) introduced me to Roddy Doyles writing when this film came out.

Anyway, I digress, way back in the very early 90's, The Commitments did a UK tour and (I think) they did one in Derby, 7 miles from where I lived.

One weekend night, me and some mates went into the Melbourne Hotel in my village for a few pints and they were all in there fecking wasted. They did a spur of the moment accoustic set to about 20 - 30 of us. It was brilliant.
Super cool. That lad had an incredible voice.

1. Blues Brothers
2. Wall-E
3. Spirited Away
4. Triplets of Belleville
5. The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari

I'm surprised Blues Brothers isn't showing up more; maybe people don't think of it as a musical? Other than that, I don't feel very strongly about these. I considered Moana and Coco for #5, but I feel like they don't belong in this sort of list. Instead, I thought the design of Dr. Caligari was special enough (especially back then - 1920!) to count as experimental. (Or maybe it's the other way round and it looks visually experimental to us now!)
@Dirty Schwein: updating my vote to insert Dogville in there. (Good shout @HTG!)

1. Blues Brothers
2. Dogville
3. Wall-E
4. Spirited Away
5. The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari

1) Whiplash
2) School of Rock
3) La La Land
4) Lion King
5) Shrek

1. West Side Story
2. A Star is Born ( Streisand)