RAWK Goes Into Meltdown - AMad year

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Anything on overrated overpriced Mount and their " value for money " new signing from RB ?

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
I didn’t consider myself worthy enough to start such an important thread, but I am humbled to be in the OP.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I swear they almost win the quadruple every time you create this thread
Akchually I’ve done:

13/14 classic to my name (Slippy G)
14/15 Shite season for them (6th and no trophies)
18/19 is a blip with the UCL but ensured they missed out on the league by a point.
19/20 I went nuclear and unleashed COVID on them to ensure they never got to celebrate the league title.

I’m confident next season is going to be a terrible one.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Just wanna be part of potentially this historical thread then.

Dominos

The horrible cnuts are going to have a much better season this time around.
What gives you that feeling?
I've seen a lot of football fans predicting they'll bounce back to be the ones to challenge City this season. I'm not convinced.

On one hand they had a bad season in 20/21 but bounced back the following year. They had 2nd highest xG last year so they still have a lot in attack, if they can sort out their defensive issues and near enough a brand new midfield they still have talent in the team.

On the other hand, a lot of their best players from their golden spell have hit the wrong side of 30. VVD, Salah, Thiago, Matip, Henderson. Obviously Mane and Firmino left. So it seems unlikely they'll bounce back to being one of the elite teams in Europe again.

As for better than last season, it would be hard for them to be worse.

prateik

Are they looking to find a replacement for Fabinho? He looked like he was done last season..

IRELANDUNITED

They are spending so much money this window. Like it or not they are one of the big contenders for the Europa League next season

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
Are they looking to find a replacement for Fabinho? He looked like he was done last season..
Hope they stick with him.
And that this post don't jinx it and he suddenly becomes good again.

Monks_United

Can we also have "Book your tickets to Dublin !" In the title thread ?

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
Little mix of their thoughts on us...
That article claims they’ve got 146,000 on their season ticket waiting list?? Really?
Totally made up numbers. My wife, her brother and sister all gave up their season tickets in 2009. Her Dad was bored one day and was up at Old Trafford having a walk around and asked out of interest at the T/O if they wanted them in the future (he had dreams of my kids watching the Mancs, dreams I quickly shattered ) how long would be the wait and was told "oh you can just buy one now, there's no waiting list".

No way in the post Fergie era is anyone trying to buy seasies there
A casual Google on this last night turned up a result saying that both the Mancs and Abu Dhabi Sportswash have waiting lists of 120,000.

It's complete and utter fabrication. We know Abu Dhabi don't even have that many fans, let alone a waiting list of that size. As for the Mancs, I recall reading not too long ago that their demand had reached its ceiling and season tickets are now easily available if anyone wants one.
3 seasons ago my gf's Dad and Brother managed to get season tickets there without issue, no waiting list at all. So I fail to believe they've added 146k to a list within those seasons
There can't possibly be 250k people interested in Manchester as a city let alone two football clubs.
It's actually a popular place now, still miles behind Liverpool though.
They are getting sportwashers at a time when they no longer have a free rein to do as they please LOOL. They'll help with their stadium and free up debt servicing cost. However, their current spending (£1bn and huge wages net in the last 10 years) is the limit IMO. They are not likely to spend more with Qatar.
Said to a Manc at work last week who said "Get Qatar in", its not like you've not spent a £billion on players as it is, he had to accept its the people they employ and the players they sign is the actual problem
They are awful in the transfer market. I wish we had a buyer like them
I see their "we are walking away after this, final offer, we're Man Utd and we won't be ripped off" offer of £55m went well then, and they wonder why clubs think they're a walkover. The takeover doesn't look much different, on to about the 50th "take it or leave it" offer now
The fee is bad enough but rumours about his salary being between 250k-300k.

Then they cry Glazers aren't spending money and it's Norwich scarves time again
£60m for him with a year on his contract. fecking hell no wonder we weren't involved.
My Manc friend has been eulogising Mount to excess; I feel like he is trying to convince himself more than me. I said honestly mate if I want a sermon on Mount I could just pick up a Bible, yanno

(I didn't really say that but it makes a good story )
Imagine if FSG were as stupid as the Glazers and spent £60 million plus £300,000 per week on Mason Mount
Mount is the most sideways signing ever. I'm delighted we didn't get him.
60 mill and those wages and they whinge about their owners
Wtf do they want to be able to spend?
No wonder he wanted to join them. He’s a decent player but that’s just ridiculous
where did you get the figure? just to clarify that most outlets saying he is getting around 250k per week with add ons. apparently chelsea and us were offering amount the same figures.

still insanely high and feel like we dodged a bullet.

inbred c*nts spending as much as oil cheats(who actually knows how much their actual spending is) and still saying they dont spend enough.
I’d be amazed if Liverpool would offer him such numbers on a first contract here.

But I wouldn’t be amazed if the Man Utd Athletic journalist made that story up to make his club look better. And guess what, that is what happened here, that’s where that story originated from.
They spend legitimate revenue though, that's the difference between them and Abu Dhabi.
fecking hell, how much per week?!! Sancho will be knocking on the manager's door demanding a pay rise.
Why? Sancho is on £350,000 per week ...
No way can that be true.
I think they're a great example of why transfer expenditure isn't the best measure of the quality of owners.
Would assume Mount will replace Eriksen in their line up? He was looking pretty creaky by the end of the season.
Mount, Eriksen and Fernandes are all luxury types you need to build a midfield around, although Mount can put the hard yards in.

It's not a well assembled midfield at all. Casemiro relied on to knit it together (turns 32 next season) but they're easily got at by teams who can break quick, same as us last season basically.

They finished above us 1) because of how shit we were) and 2) because they get so much of a better break off refs than we do
As things stand, David de Gea is technically a free agent after his contract with Manchester United expired on July 1.
They will be signing Onana from Inter, that's a massive upgrade, he's brilliant with his feet and the added bonus of him just announcing his retirement from International Football.
Funny how this arrogant lot think we've bought a dud cos they've never heard of him.

It'll be their modern day version of Scholes v Gerrard
I was that Caf thread yesterday and it's baffling, already Mount is better.

Quite a few shouts that Szobo regressed, 10 goals and 14 assists last season for a midfielder.

Funny how they forget to mention the regression from Mount the last 18 months.

This is a fanbase that had Harry Maguire as a top 5 CB on the planet.

Embarrassing this thread hasn't been deleted.

https://www.redcafe.net/threads/who-are-the-top-5-centre-backs-in-the-world.463775/
There is a reason why they only have a Milk cup to show for the £1bn they've spent
But I thought they'd already won the quadruple in March?
But they actually won it:
1. Bangkok Century Cup
2. "We challenged for a week" Cup
3. "We qualified for a competition that we have no chance of winning" Cup
4. Milk Cup
Redcafe are spiralling uncontrollably. It's their tenth anniversary without a league title and they've just tasted the worst defeat ever in the last century. And that by our hands no less.

They're desperately snatching at any blood-oil state to take them over. We were never this desperate in 2000 when they had just won their first treble with their best ever manager. Utd fans are just City fans really and we're finding that out first hand. Same city, same messed up people.
It's funny really. City and United fans have been telling themselves and everyone else for donkeys years that they are so different from each other. How they are polar opposites. The reality is they are exactly the same.
As you said; same city, same messed-up people.
And yet us and Evertonions are polar opposites.
Tragically, far too many Evertonians have more in common with the more deranged element in Mancunia than they do with the City of Liverpool and its people. The decline in the quality of their fanbase has been staggering. They've disappeared up Mancunian arses.
United as a club and fanbase have the mentality that they always have to be the biggest and best. It's why they're obsessed with this idea that they have to basically rebuild Old Trafford again (or even demolish it and start again) because it's not the newest car on the drive anymore.

They'd happily sell their soul to Qatar (or anyone else) because their identity is wrapped around being the biggest cheese.

Not to mention Manchester as a city has real delusions of grandeur.
You're not wrong there....

It's a fecking shithole
they still stand by their "the table doesn't lie" crap rather than using their eyes and brains.

This is from the Cafs Lavia transfer thread and there's some absolute beauties in there. So far we've spent a fortune on a one hit wonder WC winner (who aren't necessarily good players) and an unheard of 22yr old.

Never change Red Mancs
redcafe said:
Yeah I agree they will have sorted out their business quick. Whether it’s good business though… I’m not so sure. I still believe we will have a better window than them and currently their aim is to catch us as we are the better team as things stand
They're the "better team."

7-0

The Mancs were extremely fortunate last season. It was a terribly average, disjointed season that lacked any real quality. Hangovers galore across the division, allowing a distinctly average United to grab a top four place by default.

I'm sure they do have some knowledgeable fans out there somewhere, but most of their number have, and always have, talked utter garbage.
They're not very bright are they, no self awareness either.

I've seen quite a few pisstakes on how much we're spending to play in the Europa, like they've not spent a penny to boss the Champions League for the last 10yrs
Self awareness and the United fanbase don't often go together.

Let's have a look at how much they've spent to play in the Europa League recently.

Honestly, since I first became aware of United fans in the 1970s it's been very clear to me that the overwhelming majority of them talk absolute verbal diarrhoea with a side dish of self aggrandisement, entitlement and arrogance.

For the self-proclaimed "biggest club in the world" I'm amazed they think they've got any room to criticize us these days. Out of us and them, it's us that won the most recent European Cup and Premier League Title. In that time they've been reduced to cheering on their little neighbours in the hope they can prevent us racking up the titles. Imagine posturing yourself as the biggest hardcase on the block, then being reduced to standing helplessly behind your baby brother once the fists start flying.
To my shame I used to go to Old Trafford for every home game in the 70s and yes the guy who used to take me was like that.

Even though they were in the 2nd Division then and playing against the likes of Bury, Oxford and Leyton Orient they were still being the big I am
They've always swaggered about like an ageing cockerel with a Bobby Charlton comb-over, reminiscing over long past conquests whilst pretending he's still got it.
Biggest club in the world??
Chelsea and City could quite conceivably have the same or more CL trophies than them in the next 5 years Qatar or no Qatar. Utd, biggest club in the world; fourth biggest in England.
No, they are one of only two truly big European clubs in the PL.
Always makes me chuckle how everyone in the media by default has to call them the "Biggest club in the World".

Debatable they are even bigger than us and laughable how they can claim to be bigger than Real Madrid who have 11 more European Cups than them.

Meffs.
There are a few sensible types there, who know we're doing good business - and it's killing them.
Think Mount's a really good player and in the right team, he could do really well. Works hard defensively and provides goals and assists in midfield (last season aside). Think he'll improve them and adds better depth, too. Think he'd have fit really well into Klopp's team - he'd have improved us, just as Szob will.

Did spot the irony when they were talking about Szob having regressed and saying nothing about Mount's last season - that was a bit odd. There's still some glaring holes, though. Need a decent ball-playing RB, a better RW, a striker, and a 'keeper. Not sure a £60M outlay on Mount was the priority...

Also, they always get euros and GBP mixed up. Referring to Mount as £60M and Szob as £70m...
What you say about Mount is correct, but I'm not sure how it works in Ten Haag's midfield. They have Fernandes already that I would argue plays the role Mount would do, and would have fitted into our side to do. Eriksen's more reserved controlling midfield spot is probably the spot Mount has been brought in for, and I'm not sure he can do that role. Maybe a change in midfield tactic is coming, how did he play at Ajax, was there 2 very attacking midfielders in his set up there?
No agreed on that. Reality is they probably won't have a set 3. Eriksen's probably not playing twice a week - there'll be plenty of rotation. You'd imagine that Mount will end up playing a bit more reserved than at Chelsea, too. Do think Fernandes and Mount is a very aggressive CM partnership, so it'll be worked on - all reports on Mount are that he's very good to coach.

Hopefully it goes dreadfully.
Sheikh Jassim uncertain Glazers still plan to sell Manchester United

Qatari banker waiting for response to latest bid of about £6bn
Latest offer for 100% of club was made four weeks ago

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...-glazers-still-plan-to-sell-manchester-united
Been saying this all along.
The Glazers are going nowhere.
Get the green and gold scarves back out and get the '3 dozen' fans outside the megastore
Ten Hag is cringey isn’t he. He’s probably what other fans thought of Rodgers during his time at us. That clip of him going up to Mount and saying “I want you to be a very important player for us - now get out on the pitch” gives me “Welsh Xavi” vibes.

Although unlike ten Hag, Rodgers would have binned off Greenwood.
Apparently, Man United's players have all got a salary bump as a result of qualifying for the CL. Makes it harder for players like Maguire to be moved on.

They're looking at raising about £100m from

> Maguire - £30m-£40m
> Fred - £30m
> Elanga - £30m

Tell them, they're dreaming.
Maguire is a classic Man Utd case of season long loans then free transfer. I don't really see anyone paying a fee for him.

Fred is a player that I could easily imagine playing in Saudi Arabia. If he was open to that then they'd probably get £30m for him.

From what I've seen Elanga is a £10m player but then they did get £25m for Dan James.
"Maguire for £30-40m"

"Fred could raise £30m"

You have to laugh. Have the Athletic resorted to recruiting spotty scruffs off the streets of Salford these days?
https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...aguire-pay-rise-manchester-united-harder-sell

How is this guy allowed to write these kinds of articles? I guess the fans really eat it up, but it reads like something an average supporter would write, speculating in transfer fees.

He also write these horrible rating articles, which are so bias they are without value. /Rant

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
They can’t not dwell on us, no matter what time of the year it is.

It’s laughably sad.

RedChisel

Same old deluded rubbish. They are all mentally ill. It's not even funny anymore, just boring and sad.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
They can’t not dwell on us, no matter what time of the year it is.

It’s laughably sad.
I don’t mean to be that guy but you’re in a thread dedicated to Liverpool on a United forum…

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
I don’t mean to be that guy but you’re in a thread dedicated to Liverpool on a United forum…
But this is a thread specifically made to take the piss out of them, we’re not waxing voluminously lyrical about all our perceived slights v. them in the way they do v. us.

At least I hope not. There’s not some other thread somewhere where we are dick measuring Mount v. the Hungarian guy somewhere on here, is there?

tomaldinho1

I know we laugh at this but it's so bizarre, do we even have a Pool thread on here?

One side seems to constantly be discussing the other whilst the other just laughs at what they are posting.