Raheem Sterling to...? | joins Arsenal on loan

Status
Not open for further replies.

How are Villa going to afford his wages? I was hoping that they would be stuck with him but it looks like the harsh treatment got results pretty quickly.

They've already got players on £150K a week. I would imagine Sterling will take a cut + Chelsea will give him a fat payoff to subsidise the loss.

Is he not on higher wages than Sancho? And yet that is not stopping signing of a 29yo Sterling and somehow it is a showstopper for everybody to sign a 24yo Champions League finalist...

We have some horrible reputation in the transfer market that seems like will take a lot if time and effort to fix, despite completely new management

They've already got players on £150K a week. I would imagine Sterling will take a cut + Chelsea will give him a fat payoff to subsidise the loss.
Over three years the difference between 150k and 300k is about 23 million, right?

Could just wave the fee and that'd do that job, I reckon. Or small fee and you give him a golden handshake, as you say, if they feel that looks better.

Definitely doable.

Sterling wants to play, to be fair to him. I don't think he's any good but if dracula gets a tune out of him then fair play.

Also, I'm assuming Chelsea will sign a Villa player for the same fee in return.

Are Villa still in PSR trouble?

I'd have thought all that had surpassed when they did the little PSR rodeo with us and Everton earlier in the summer.

Villa need a bigger squad now that they’re a CL team so makes sense that they’re getting him. Has CL experience too

Are Villa still in PSR trouble?

I'd have thought all that had surpassed when they did the little PSR rodeo with us and Everton earlier in the summer.
Honestly I have no idea just seems to be the way some clubs have done business this summer - particularly Chelsea and Villa.

Would be a very good Diaby replacement. Emery's building a very decent squad.

Since Sterling is a boyhood United fan, happy to have him at the club if he accepts below 100K per week

Sterling hasn't looked great for 2 or 3 years now but the Villa move could be a good one for him. Emery has a knack of getting the best out of these types of players so it's probably Sterling's best chance of reviving his career at Premier League level.

Sterling hasn't looked great for 2 or 3 years now but the Villa move could be a good one for him. Emery has a knack of getting the best out of these types of players so it's probably Sterling's best chance of reviving his career at Premier League level.
He seemed to like one striker with four centre mids and Diaby or Bailey roaming last season which would suit Sterling

Makes perfect sense. Will play 30 odd games, has CL experience, would combine well with Watkins I think.

Cant imagine his fee though. £0-10m, max. He’s still a £30-40m player too in my opinion. Even at 29. 3 solid years at the top left, at least.

Seeing Chelsea being able to offload Sterling makes me wonder why can't we do same with Sancho and McTominay.

Seeing Chelsea being able to offload Sterling makes me wonder why can't we do same with Sancho and McTominay.

They're not going to get any fancy fee for Sterling and neither do Villa have the money. It'll most likely be a loan deal with Chelsea continuing to pay 50% of his wages. Villa should be in no hurry to get this done, since the alternative for Chelsea is having him float around their training camp for another season while getting paid full wages.

Is he even better than what they have on the flanks? Finished player.

Because we want £35m+ for McTominay and nobody wants Sancho.

That should be a good move for him, provided that he's motivated to perform of course. Thought it will be Villa/WHU/Newcastle for him if he decided to stay in England. Otherwise I could only imagine a loan to Atletico/one of the Italian big three, or Saudi.

Plucky little Villa getting success against the odds by only being the 3rd or 4th biggest spenders of the last 5 years

Status
Not open for further replies.