Premier League Gameweek 24 (20th - 22nd Jan 2018)

2 points dropped for Spurs ... makes the top 4 challenge all the tougher for us. It's all about the next 3 league games now.

The perennial bottlers. Good 2 points dropped for us. One less team to worry about.

1 minute for every yellow card he should've given today.
The refs need to be publically scored on their performances. With specific failings pointed out. They might actually be pressed to make better calls. At least they should be interviewed and have to answer publically just like players and managers. There will always be differences due to angles, speed things happen, perception of an incident and even some plain mistakes (refs are human), but questions of consistency will be hard for them to avoid.

According to @GlastonSpur he's worth over £100 million and better than Pogba, even though they don't play in the same position - and once they've moved to their new stadium (which he dreams about every night) he will cuddle up and spoon with Harry Kane every night on the pitch and stay with Spurs forever and ever.

I don't believe I've ever given a valuation for Alli. I have, however, said he's better than Pogba was at the same age, and I stand by that.

But don't let that stop you putting your words in my mouth ...

True, the current top 4 won't change, and I think Arsenal will win the Europa if they sign Auba. Got enough in them to even deal with Atletico.

Will be interesting to see if Kane stays at Spurs next season if EL footy is all they can offer.

Aubameyang can't play in the Europa League if he moves to arsenal apparently.

Great result that for us. Arsenal and Tottenham dropping points meaning top 4 is looking good atm. We are 8 points ahead of Tottenham now and next league fixture is away to them. A draw wouldn't be a bad result tbh but with Wembley's open pitch and Sanchez hopefully signed, we should be going for the win.

Been saying it for ages, if Eriksen isn't playing or not in form you struggle big time. He's your most important player imo.
I think Spurs need to sign Malcom this window but Spurs' valuation of Malcom is far away from what Bordeaux want for him, and Bordeaux are reluctant to let him leave this window so that'll be interesting. They need another creative option anyway.

Aubameyang can't play in the Europa League if he moves to arsenal apparently.

Feck, that's a bit of a blow for them. I thought he could play since he hasn't kicked a ball in the EL yet.

Still, Laca, Ozil and Mkhi is quite enough to deal with most teams bar Atletico.

True, the current top 4 won't change, and I think Arsenal will win the Europa if they sign Auba. Got enough in them to even deal with Atletico.

Will be interesting to see if Kane stays at Spurs next season if EL footy is all they can offer.
I think they can only register one of Mkhi/Auba for the Europa though maybe because Dortmund are in the Europa they can't register Auba anyway.

Top 4 looks beyond Arsenal's reach now. They can still win the Europa League, i guess they will go for it now.
They got some strong teams in their way though
Atletico Madrid
Lyon
Dortmund
Napoli
AC Milan

Beat Spurs next week and you would think that we are more or less nailed on for a top 4 finish this season. Even with a defeat we would still be well placed.

I think Spurs need to sign Malcom this window but Spurs' valuation of Malcom is far away from what Bordeaux want for him, and Bordeaux are reluctant to let him leave this window so that'll be interesting. They need another creative option anyway.

Agreed. I'm not sure Malcom will actually get the move this window, don't think Spurs will throw silly money at him and the longer it goes on for the less time Bordeaux have of getting in replacements.

Top 4 looks beyond Arsenal's reach now. They can still win the Europa League, i guess they will go for it now.
They got some strong teams in their way though
Atletico Madrid
Lyon
Dortmund
Napoli
AC Milan

I would prefer Rostow Celta Vigo, Anderlecht, Ajax and Saint Etienne.

I don't believe I've ever given a valuation for Alli. I have, however, said he's better than Pogba was at the same age, and I stand by that.

But don't let that stop you putting your words in my mouth ...

At the same age Alli is now Pogba was running midfield in a team which gained 102 points, making the most appearances of any Juventus player across the season.

Alli’s most memorable moments this season are when he’s somehow not got sent off for another act of thuggery.

According to @GlastonSpur he's worth over £100 million and better than Pogba, even though they don't play in the same position - and once they've moved to their new stadium (which he dreams about every night) he will cuddle up and spoon with Harry Kane every night on the pitch and stay with Spurs forever and ever.
£100 million :lol:

Better than Pogba :lol:

Sure if a big club comes calling, Ali will be gone like a rat up a drain pipe

Great result that for us. Arsenal and Tottenham dropping points meaning top 4 is looking good atm. We are 8 points ahead of Tottenham now and next league fixture is away to them. A draw wouldn't be a bad result tbh but with Wembley's open pitch and Sanchez hopefully signed, we should be going for the win.
Arsenal won their last game, did they not?

8 points ahead of Tottenham with 14 left. Quite a tidy lead.

At the same age Alli is now Pogba was running midfield in a team which gained 102 points, making the most appearances of any Juventus player across the season.

Alli’s most memorable moments this season are when he’s somehow not got sent off for another act of thuggery.

And scoring far less goals than Alli has. The "world class" tag that United fans attach to him is a joke.

As Glaston taught me last year, its really 9 points if you include goal difference.
So Spurs are 9 points behind us.

And scoring far less goals than Alli has. The "world class" tag that United fans attach to him is a joke.
One guy's main job is scoring/setting up goals

The other is provide playmaking from midfield and give his team the platform to build their play

One guy's main job is scoring/setting up goals

The other is provide playmaking from midfield and give his team the platform to build their play
Stop talking in footbaling terms, it's too difficult concept to grasp for him.

Once Kane leaves them in the summer they will be fighting with Everton for the best of the rest trophy in the near future, looks bleak for Spurs imo.

...but how can the brilliant Pochettino-led free-scoring Spurs be 8 points (+ GD) behind the poor and boring Man Utd?! :confused: