Premier League Gameweek 24 (20th - 22nd Jan 2018)

Seriously lads, City could have had 5 already tonight.
Its not like they were hanging on like we were earlier.

They're playing a crap team at home. We were playing a team who have embarrassed plenty this season away.

As soon as I switch the game on City score. It's going to take a lot more than just Sanchez to get ahead of these feckers.

@edgar allan @adexkola
But thats after the fact. Burnley with a great record v the big sides at home to Utd or Arsenal who have had breathless games at home v dangerous Palace side.
This game looked like shit on paper and even worse on the pitch.

@Sly: It kinda hurts to see B.Silva becoming a part time player now. He might be fresh for the world cup but should he even be considered ?

Yeah it does mate. And this comes from a Sporting fan. But he made his choice. He will be going not on merit of having a good season but because we aren't Belgium or Spain that have multiple attacking player choices. He's far too important for us even if he gets minimal playing time.

Calm down mate, they're still winning today! They'll still be 12 points clear.
There are only 14 games left, and we're away at Tottenham next!
And yeah I also remembered, we'll have Sanchez by then so we'll beat Tottenham.

Very big task for Jose to make us better than what we are seeing from City.

As soon as I switch the game on City score. It's going to take a lot more than just Sanchez to get ahead of these feckers.
We're not getting ahead of them, unless they get a serious injury bug and United goes on a great run.

Sanchez will help United secure 2nd place and will be a huge boost in the CL.

Very big task for Jose to make us better than what we are seeing from City.

Sanchez bedded in for the rest of this season, plus another gamechanger in the summer, and there's no reason we can't compete strongly next season.
They won't keep this season's level up. It's gone nearly perfectly for them so far

They're playing a crap team at home. We were playing a team who have embarrassed plenty this season away.
True , my point was that City were certainly not lucky this evening as was been suggested. A good routine win.

And yeah I also remembered, we'll have Sanchez by then so we'll beat Tottenham.

To keep the 12 point gap.

This season we can have a real go at the FA Cup and Europe looks wide open. But the league is about keeping momentum going, to ensure we stay as high as possible. You could still see 4 teams competing for 2nd to 4th.

Shows the inconsistencies of PL refs with only three minutes added time in the Citeh match, but five minutes in ours.

Three goals in the second half (one a penalty) plus five of the six possible subs. That should be five minutes at a minimum.

True , my point was that City were certainly not lucky this evening as was been suggested. A good routine win.

Yep. Comfy fare, and a dreadful pick of TV game.
At least Burnley v United may have appealed for a tough game, if not a pretty one.

Yeah it does mate. And this comes from a Sporting fan. But he made his choice. He will be going not on merit of having a good season but because we aren't Belgium or Spain that have multiple attacking player choices. He's far too important for us even if he gets minimal playing time.
Another league title will console him though.

Sanchez bedded in for the rest of this season, plus another gamechanger in the summer, and there's no reason we can't compete strongly next season.
They won't keep this season's level up. It's gone nearly perfectly for them so far
That would obviously help.

The improvement in their fullback positions has played a big part in their form. The problem is looking out there, I can't really think of many good fullbacks who aren't already settled at top clubs.

Yep. Comfy fare, and a dreadful pick of TV game.
At least Burnley v United may have appealed for a tough game, if not a pretty one.
The City game was a very watchable game, excellent goals and some good attacking play.

Most non united fans would have turned it off earlier.

@edgar allan @adexkola
But thats after the fact. Burnley with a great record v the big sides at home to Utd or Arsenal who have had breathless games at home v dangerous Palace side.
This game looked like shit on paper and even worse on the pitch.

Ah, good point. Disagree with bolded though, Newcastle troubled City a little bit near the end and City were bailed out by Sane.

Also by a dopey ref. Hope Sterling gets banned for diving, he is one of the worst in the league for it.

He's so short and is so pacey, that even putting his arms out in that ridiculous fashion, he loses his balance if anyone even looks at him,

Oh come on!!!

Ffs.
Take that off!!

I have been seeing posts like that for weeks now and now I'm the one who gets the tag...

Oh come on!!!

Ffs.
Take that off!!

I have been seeing posts like that for weeks now and now I'm the one who gets the tag...
:lol: You can’t say you love to watch City play and not expect a City lover banner

Just read about McCarthy. Feck me that's awful. Also saw that Rondon was distraught.. Bad all around for both players.