Predict our top summer 2025 transfer targets

bb8

As the thread title says, who do you think our top target for each position we try to fill next summer will be?

You can list as many positions as you want, but please only list one name for each. The name listed should be the person you expect United to have as their first/primary target at the position in summer 2025.

I think a playmaking midfielder. Eze will be in demand and I feel we’ll be competing for his signature. A left back is a must next season. Not really sure what name though… can’t remember any decent LBs we’ve been linked to. A wide forward who can score and create should be a must. Ideally id like us to go all out for palmer but fat chance of that happening, especially since his contract signing. Id take a gamble on someone like Bowen… been long enough now and deserves a shot at a bigger team.

I think a playmaking midfielder. Eze will be in demand and I feel we’ll be competing for his signature. A left back is a must next season. Not really sure what name though… can’t remember any decent LBs we’ve been linked to. A wide forward who can score and create should be a must. Ideally id like us to go all out for palmer but fat chance of that happening, especially since his contract signing. Id take a gamble on someone like Bowen… been long enough now and deserves a shot at a bigger team.

Williams or Kvaratskhelia for wide forward

We will look at CB as Maguire and Lindelof will go.

We will look at 2 Midfielders as Casemiro and Eriksen will be gone.

United will look at at least one winger as Antony will be gone probably on loan

The Club will look at a new young left back.

CB - Jared Branthwaite
CM - Ederson
AM - Morgan Gibbs’s white
AM/LW - Eberechi Eze
LB - Patrick Dorgu or Antony Robinson

I think we will be looking for these five incomings and it wouldn’t surprise me if we did 1 or 2 in January.

GK - Diogo Costa

I’ve tried my best to back Onana, however if we end up with a new manager I can see us looking to replace him, either directly with someone like Diogo Costa. Alternatively if there isn’t a tonne of interest we could opt to replace Bayindir and give him more serious competition with a young, cheap option like Kovar or Suzuki.

LB - Dorgu

Loose links to him last season following his breakout, and those links have resurfaced in the past week. Powerful, athletic wing-back with bags of potential who won’t cost a bomb I don’t think.

CM - Wharton

The closest thing on the market (who we could realistically sign) that I think could offer us a Rodri-like presence in midfield. He’s obviously levels away from Rodri right now but I think he has bags of potential and has the right attitude and personality to reach the highest level. Will cost a lot but could be transformative.

AM - Guler

Long-shot as it entirely depends on how much game time he gets this year, and who Real target next summer. But if his minutes are limited he could be itching to leave and he would be my ideal replacement for Bruno long-term.

RW - Bardghji

I’m making an assumption here that Amad finally has his break out year for us. If he does I think signing a young player to replace Antony to slowly bring into the side would be ideal. Will depend how he comes back after his injury this year, but as an attacking prospect he has all the tools.

Deep playmaker - Adam Wharton (Casemiro & Eriksen out)
LW - Kvaratskhelia is the dream. This needs to be a world class player and he's absolutely one of the best dribblers and wingers in the world who could be attainable in a year. Someone like Eze is really good, but not good enough to close the gap on those above us.
LB - no idea but it's a must. Kerkez/Hickey/Dorgu?

Top 2 would be very expensive transfers, but would leave us with a really good squad. Really will need to address GK but that won't happen til 2026. Same with CF next if neither of these 2 are top class.

Kvara Hojlund Garnacho
Rashford Zirkzee Amad

Bruno Ugarte Mainoo
Mount Wharton Collyer

Shaw Martinez De Ligt Dalot
Kerkez Maguire Yoro Mazraoui

Onana
Altay​

Enzo Fernandez, Marc Cucurella and Joao Felix.

‘Magic’ Mike Maignan.

If Onana doesn't step up his shot stopping he will be shipped back to Milan. After Mike ripped Mbappe and Griezmann apart for France he can become the long overdue dressing room leader at Utd.

CB/LB - Hincapie
DM - Pepelu
RW/ST - Lookman

Gone with names we haven't been linked with so I can look all clever if any come off.

Stiller is the midfielder we should be looking for, better than Wharton in my opinion.

A CM, A RW and hot take, I think we will be in for a CF next summer

Adam Wharton, Jarrad Branthwaite, Cole Palmer. Possibly Edmond Tapsoba.

I wouldn't speculate in actual targets as I think that players will emerge as targets through the season too, but I think that:

If we have any sense, we'll look to sort the areas that EtH has neglected. I expect that he'll have been sacked by then.

I would like to see us focus on getting a decent left winger or even two wingers who can provide chances for the forward players. I would also like to see us add depth to midfield.

I hope we bring Angel Gomes back but I also like Wharton. No idea on a potential left back but we might not need one depending on the trajectory of the three we have.
Need to go big on a goal scoring wide player as I can’t see us signing another striker yet we desperately need goals.

GK - Diogo Costa

I’ve tried my best to back Onana, however if we end up with a new manager I can see us looking to replace him, either directly with someone like Diogo Costa. Alternatively if there isn’t a tonne of interest we could opt to replace Bayindir and give him more serious competition with a young, cheap option like Kovar or Suzuki.

LB - Dorgu

Loose links to him last season following his breakout, and those links have resurfaced in the past week. Powerful, athletic wing-back with bags of potential who won’t cost a bomb I don’t think.

CM - Wharton

The closest thing on the market (who we could realistically sign) that I think could offer us a Rodri-like presence in midfield. He’s obviously levels away from Rodri right now but I think he has bags of potential and has the right attitude and personality to reach the highest level. Will cost a lot but could be transformative.

AM - Guler

Long-shot as it entirely depends on how much game time he gets this year, and who Real target next summer. But if his minutes are limited he could be itching to leave and he would be my ideal replacement for Bruno long-term.

RW - Bardghji

I’m making an assumption here that Amad finally has his break out year for us. If he does I think signing a young player to replace Antony to slowly bring into the side would be ideal. Will depend how he comes back after his injury this year, but as an attacking prospect he has all the tools.
I'm gonna need a cold shower after these suggestions. Don't put these kind of ideas in my head

We will look at CB as Maguire and Lindelof will go.

We will look at 2 Midfielders as Casemiro and Eriksen will be gone.

United will look at at least one winger as Antony will be gone probably on loan

The Club will look at a new young left back.

CB - Jared Branthwaite
CM - Ederson
AM - Morgan Gibbs’s white
AM/LW - Eberechi Eze
LB - Patrick Dorgu or Antony Robinson

I think we will be looking for these five incomings and it wouldn’t surprise me if we did 1 or 2 in January.
Sounds great

But one thing: Eze AND Gibbs White?
I think we will go for one but not for both , what do you think ?

I can see us targeting some of the promising British players (and Robinson who I think would count as home grown? Born in England but plays for USA).

CB: Branthwaite
LB: Robinson
CM: Wharton

Probably optimistic to get them all, but I do believe as a long-term goal we will need to sign more players like this. When I looked at our squad recently, the only players who count as home grown (not including the likes of Mainoo, Garnacho, and others who are under 21 that we expect to be included in our first team squad moving forward) are:

Heaton
Shaw
Evans
Maguire
Mount
Rashford

I'll be surprised if we haven't released Heaton and Evans after this season, and probably aim to sell Maguire, particularly if bringing in Branthwaite. Shaw is also unreliable. We are going to be light on home grown players unless we suddenly promote a load of youth and they all go on to be great additions to the squad. So, while the players I've listed might not end up being the ones, I definitely think this is an avenue we will explore.

It's really hard to say.

Other than RB I could see movement in basically every other position. LB is a priority.

We have a lot of players who need to prove themselves this season.

I have a feeling Rodrygo will be the muppet signing somewhere this summer. Hes not going to get the game time he needs at Madrid.

Last edited:
Martin Baturina. Better prospect than 95% of British players who play the same position that people already mentioned and he's going to cost no more than 30 mil. Apparently he's already on United's radar and I think it makes a lot of sense on multiple levels for both the player and the club.

I can see us targeting some of the promising British players (and Robinson who I think would count as home grown? Born in England but plays for USA).

LB: Robinson
CM: Wharton

Probably optimistic to get them all, but I do believe as a long-term goal we will need to sign more players like this. When I looked at our squad recently, the only players who count as home grown (not including the likes of Mainoo, Garnacho, and others who are under 21 that we expect to be included in our first team squad moving forward) are:

Heaton
Shaw
Evans
Maguire
Mount
Rashford

I'll be surprised if we haven't released Heaton and Evans after this season, and probably aim to sell Maguire, particularly if bringing in Branthwaite. Shaw is also unreliable. We are going to be light on home grown players unless we suddenly promote a load of youth and they all go on to be great additions to the squad. So, while the players I've listed might not end up being the ones, I definitely think this is an avenue we will explore.

The only senior HG player on that list that I could see still being here in 3 years is Rashford (and even he’s a maybe). That is a bit of a worry.

The most important team recruitment is the manager.

1. Emery
2. Or Amorim
3. Or Frank

+CB, LW, CDM, CM, RW (and maybe ST)

Last edited:
Surprised no one is saying Striker when we definitely need one

Wharton, Palmer, Kane

—— —— —— Kane —— —— ——
Garnacho —— —— —— Palmer
———— —— Bruno —— ——
—— Wharton —— Ugarte

that’s a league winning front 6

CB: Branthwaite £50m
OUT: Maguire/Lindelöf/Evans = £30m
= De Ligt, Yoro, Martinez, Branthwaite
SPENT= £20m

LB: Robinson £30m
OUT: Shaw = £20m
= Robinson, Malacia, Amass
SPENT = £10m

CM: Wharton 50m
CM: Angel Gomes 0m
OUT: Casemiro, Eriksen = £20m
= Kobbie, Ugarte, Wharton, Gomes, Eze
SPENT = £30m

ACM: Musiala/Wirtz £75m (1 year left on Musialas contract)
OUT: Mount = £35M
= Bruno, Musiala/Wirtz
SPENT = £40m

Wing: Kvaratskhelia £80m
Wing: Nico Williams £40m
OUT: Antony, Sancho, Rashford = £100 (20+25+55)
= Garnacho, Amad, N. Williams, Kvaratskhelia
SPENT: 20m

TOTAL SPENT= £120m

....yes I am dreaming myself to a world where we could pick and chose and not care about the reality, financial rules etc etc
... and NO i dont believe in any of these transfer that are not British, so perhaps Branthwaite, Wharton, Gomes and Eze - and if we could get those four, it would be a huge upgrade if we can get rid of Lindelöf, Maguire, Eriksen, Casemiro, Sancho (done deal)

...but I have to admit that the team above would be amazing and would probably take us back to fighting for the big titles again. One can always dream!

I'm hoping we try for Sverre Nypan in January, he looks a promising talent.

The rest I think will be a mix of names mentioned.

LB - Kerkez/Robinson
CB - Branthwaite
CM - Wharton

I’ll try and abide by the rules:

GK: Costa
LB : Kerkez
DM: Wharton
AM: Eze
LF: Kvaratashkelia
RF: Rodrygo

Manager: Anyone else.

Won’t go for all by a long shot. But would imagine it’s a decent shout at primary targets in each position. Williams would’ve been in but don’t think he’ll countenance leaving Spain.