PL W FA Premier League

Manchester United 2:1 Liverpool

Post-match discussion

Sat, 10 March 2018

MonkeysMagic

Fantastic win, and good overall performances from the team. But...and I don’t want this to come across as criticism...I just wish we could retain the ball better then merely giving it back at the time when under the cosh. That’s got nothing to do with tactics but composure.

Canagel

We did the job in the first half. Liverpool weren't going to score so it took own goal from us. Bailly was immense and I can't blame him really because we were too deep as a team and when your under that much pressure mistakes can happen. The first half was everything I want to see from United. Liverpool need to take the big L with grace because they were tactically outclassed.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
For me as expected. They can't break organised defence. They are pure speed and need space. Mourinho put this great.
Despite og, bailly is our best defender by far. Also not a fan of Mctominay, but he played excellent today. Young on salah was also just perfect.
Not happy with the second half. Defend and play football is good, like we did in first half, but in second half we only played defence without any plan to go forward. But 3 points against liverpool. Only matters here.

I must be honest and say that that valencia hand should be penalty. :wenger::wenger:. But again, salah slapped young in the face so....

Android1974

Incredibly anal about player positions in lineups
“Heavy metal football.”:lol: Unplugged, as the American commentator said.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
For all the shit young was getting pre kick off, he was great defensively. Not great in possession, mind.

Devil may care

It was like watching a lower table team grinding and grafting vs a lame wannabe Barcelona. We were ugly, dogged, grafted hard and defended well. They offered next to nothing and needed our CB to actually get anything on De Gea's goal. Good 3 points but soul crushing to watch what we are becoming and a wake-up call for Liverpool in showing they have no plan B if a team doesn't let them play.

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
What a win! Unnecessarily made tougher in 2nd half and crazy own goal to give away. Off to RAWK now for some salt :drool:

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
He'll be great after a proper rest and a preseason.
Sorry I meant I hope it is just fitness related. Next year hopefully will be his season but for the CL I think Rash and Martial need to come to the fore and take some pressure off him.

OneFootball

Supports
Liverpool
Can’t argue with result. A bit sick but you deserved it - better all over the park today.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
We seen off the cnuts. And despite all of their so called attacking talent none of their players could muster a goal against us home and away. How embarrassing for them to fail to score against just a shite team.
They failed to create a decent chance even

Android1974

With spot on tactically performances like these, we do have at chance in the Champions League. Problem is when we need to attack ourselves.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Wow these last few weeks have been reminiscent of Ferguson's final few years at United. Crazy comebacks, late winners, big game wins...never making it easy!

Kapardin

The positives - first half was very close to the famous 2-1 at Anfield under van Gaal. We absolutely bossed them and made them look like lily-livered twits.

Second half we reverted to a typical Mourinho side, soaking up pressure, but the plus side is, Jose's tactics actually work when you don't have Lindelof-Smalling or even Jones-Smalling in defense -- Bailly was a monster barring the OG, he pocketed Salah on occasions, while Young did that for the rest of the game.

Overall, one of the most satisfactory wins in recent history, though I think Mata should have made it 3 to add some gloss on the scoreline. We made their defenders look stupid while our own defense was rock solid.

Shout out for Lukaku, again, full of energy even till the last minute, got himself an assist too.

Wins against Chelsea and Liverpool, comeback against Palace, now onto Sevilla with confidence as it is a home game which we excel at.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
Own goal aside I thought Bailley was fantastic. I was concerned about him being selected seeing as he hasn't started in ages and thought Mourinho should have started him against Palace to prepare for this game. But he did really well. Obviously Rashford get MOTM for his 2 goal effort but the entire back line did really well today limiting Liverpool to only 2 shots on goal. With that performance any other day De Gea gets a clean sheet. I thought Lukaku was really good as well as he was involved in both goals. Sanchez stuggled again though but I don't expect this to be a common theme for him. He's too good of a player to keep struggling like he is...

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Looks like Mourinho got his big games mojo back. I hope he mantains it in the City match.

Android1974

The sulkers and moaners of the team, Pogba and Martial, should reconsider.

Wal2Fra

What a result against one team who are capable of winning anywhere. They had 1 clear chance all game and were gifted the OG to let them have a sniff but that was arguably our best defensive performance under Jose.

Magic 3 points, my heart still intact too!

lewwoo

Congrats mate. I did that same tour 10 years ago, and it's still one of the best memories. And I didn't have the Man Utd result to add at the end of it.
Dont want to derail thread but what a place mate. Here with my old man and you just stumble across one amazing sight after another in the center of Rome. Been blown away by the place and recommend to anyone.

ROFLUTION

Can we please erect these statues along River Irwell but with the faces of Bailly and Young?

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Wonder what Klopp is going to complain about today:D

Darkhorsez

Just watching the interviews with Young, Rashers, lingard - we do have a lot of maturity in the team. Well done lads!

togg

I haven't been as hyped up and nervous this much about a game for sometime! What a great feeling. We had plenty of games like this under Fergie against the Scouse. They are always a bit different. It was obvious Liverpool were going to go for it more in the seconds half, that is what Klopp would have told them, and if we hadn't had the OG I think it would have felt more comfortable in the second half. I mean....did they actually have any shot on target? Kind of forgotten in all the excitement. That is Chelsea and Pool Mourinho has now put to bed recently.

Player Ratings

7.1 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 631 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Liverpool win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 23% Man Utd 2:1 Liverpool
  • 14% Man Utd 1:1 Liverpool