Pogba Future

Would you accept Dybala and Sandro for Pogba?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
There is any other top club where the obligation to decide games relies on a midfielder? I mean, Messi is part of the attack and has zero deffensive duties. Modric and Rakitic both scored only 3 games in La Liga and nobody is expecting them to decide the games. Liverpool midfielders are not exactly their main attacking strenght. I dont follow Bayern but i believe that the only "top" club with goal scorer midfielders is City. But they can't replicate those performances against top opposition in the Champions League.

I think Pogba-Herrera and a top DM(maybe Matic can recover his legs after vacations) can form an excellent midfield. What United need is a top front three. Pogba can work as a creative force in the middle but the front three would carry the weight to decide the games, as at any other big club.
That's not the United way. At United the WC players must carry the dross.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
I see the pending rebuild as a massive job. Not like we hold onto Pogba (seemingly against his will) and add 1 or 2 world class talents and we’re nipping at the heels of City.

I would like to take the approach of strategically building over 2-3 transfer windows, preferably from the back. To do this we’re going to need a huge investment.

In order to rebuild properly we cannot have another season of the Pogba circus. I just believe we have to move on and I think selling him and bringing in, for example, Rice, Fernandes and Neres for about the same as we would receive for his transfer fee is a good move.

We need a real clear out, defence first for me, and moving Pogba makes sense because we need that money. We’re not good enough to even build around him so he has to go; those funds are needed elsewhere.
But again, I think it becomes a catch-22. What is the incentive for the players you named to go to United when they will be courted by clubs just as financially capable and with better circumstances to offer, whether it's team form, chance at winning trophies, teammates, or location? You take away a player like Pogba, that's one exta less incentive for some players to come in whether it's due to his style of play or his personality and the connections he has. Maybe it's not that big of a deal in the end, but I think it send the wrong message not just to the team but to any potential suitors if United gets rid of Pogba, who is far from being the issue holding United back from getting back to their former glory.

Now, if you're capable of getting all of those players at, or around the fee of a Pogba and they all choose to come to United, then that's a great summer but it sounds a bit too good to be true to me. Wenger is right when he says this summer there will be more money than players available, and it's easy to imagine a lot of competition and overspending on players.

I do, and I think most, agree with you that this should be looked at as a long-term project, and it should be built from the back.

SER19

I would sell pogba. Might never command a better fee, will leave anyway and the rebuild needed is so big that 1 player won't make a difference anyway, much less if its one with his eye wandering and capable of being incredible one week and rubbish the next. No matter how talented, pogba will never be the guy to build a team with.

In simple terms, were we to sell pogba and buy wan bisakka, Koulibaly and Alderweireld are we better off? (or pick your own 150m worth) Of course. Time to get smart

laughtersassassin

Aouar, Bruno Fernandes, Memphis - There's other players who might not have the flair of Pogba but they'll probably bring a lot more consistency
You fail to see in my point is that we can't replace most of the team plus Pogba. Therefore having to replace Pogba is idiotic as he is our best player.

Also losing Herrera so if Pogba goes we need to sign 3 CMs alone. Ole already said we winwo be signing loads of players.

Selling Pogba will just make us worse if we can't actually replace him. And based on our past their is 0 guarantee we will .

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Me too. They are really good at getting players with the right mentality that fits their club.
It helps thay they tend to pay them a shitload of money. By far the highest wage bill in football, and it's not just down to Messi. Rakitic is on wages close to Hazard's at chelsea

lRed

There is any other top club where the obligation to decide games relies on a midfielder? I mean, Messi is part of the attack and has zero deffensive duties. Modric and Rakitic both scored only 3 games in La Liga and nobody is expecting them to decide the games. Liverpool midfielders are not exactly their main attacking strenght. I dont follow Bayern but i believe that the only "top" club with goal scorer midfielders is City. But they can't replicate those performances against top opposition in the Champions League.

I think Pogba-Herrera and a top DM(maybe Matic can recover his legs after vacations) can form an excellent midfield. What United need is a top front three. Pogba can work as a creative force in the middle but the front three would carry the weight to decide the games, as at any other big club.
I highly doubt Matic will recover, Pogba stays and Herrera signs his contract.
We clearly saw Paul doesn't want to be here anymore, him talking about body language is a complete joke.
Keane is right, not United mentality.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Talking about consistency and mentioning, Aouar, Ndombélé, Milinkovic-savic and Memphis. Clearly some don't watch football.:lol:

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Talking about consistency and mentioning, Aouar, Ndombélé, Milinkovic-savic and Memphis. Clearly some don't watch football.:lol:
Milinkovic-Savic has been described as a grafter :D

doriandun

You fail to see in my point is that we can't replace most of the team plus Pogba. Therefore having to replace Pogba is idiotic as he is our best player.

Also losing Herrera so if Pogba goes we need to sign 3 CMs alone. Ole already said we winwo be signing loads of players.

Selling Pogba will just make us worse if we can't actually replace him. And based on our past their is 0 guarantee we will .
Pogba is replaceable, just like any player in the world. Pogba has not matured footballing wise since the age of 20, what he is showing today is exactly what he showed at the aged of 20, his talent has never been in question, but his application and effort, reading of the game, constantly holding onto the ball,show boating and positional sense.

For what Pogba has won, he should be a example of a model pro at the club, who uses his experience to push and encourage his team mates to be better and try harder, echoing down advice that was conveyed to him at Juve, from the likes of Vidal,khedira, Pirlo etc.

Pogba is not the best player, maybe the most talented, but all the talent is frutiless if you don't buckle down, work hard and take on board advice from the manager and work for the team.

Pogba came here and has basically decided i am the big dog here,is it any wonder that for France and Juve, he knuckles down, as there are many pro's at Juve and France, who are just as decorated, achievement wise as Pogba, also France have a conveyor built of players they can choose from.

The truth is, Jose would of been the best manager for Pogba, as he is cut from the same cloth as Allegri,Conte and Deschamps. and the reasoning behind playing Pogba in a two would force Pogba, too focus, improve his positional sense and become a better decision maker, all round footballer, who is able to see the big picture in the game and read the game better, and in time, a few months,Pogba would cut out the showboating and taking too many touches,and embrace the responsibilties he has been bestowed.

Pogba's strengths are his passing the ball and making late runs into the box, scoring goals.

Pogba going to Madrid would be the biggest mistake of his career, because, Zidane is not the man to develop players, just look at Lucas, Arsensio and Isco.

Madrid won't pay silly money for Pogba, as Pogba has not helped his cause in the last 10 matches,[if you do not play me as 10, i will half heartedily perform] it can be argued well look at Ole's first 10 matches, If Pogba really wanted to go to Madrid, he would be show casing more, just look at Hazard yesterday and from January. I am so good that i am a sure thing, hence an easy decision for Real Madrid.

poleglass red

Of course he is replaceable. Look at Liverpool, they've sold the likes of Suarez and Coutinho in recent seasons and not just replaced those players but improved as a team. our recruitment policy has been awful in recent seasons but that doesn't mean the players aren't there. I'd like to think with Ole at the helm our recruitment policy will improve drastically

laughtersassassin

Of course he is replaceable. Look at Liverpool, they've sold the likes of Suarez and Coutinho in recent seasons and not just replaced those players but improved as a team. our recruitment policy has been awful in recent seasons but that doesn't mean the players aren't there. I'd like to think with Ole at the helm our recruitment policy will improve drastically
I didn't say he isn't replaceable though did i. I said it is unrealistic to expect to replace him while also replacing our bigger problems.

Need to replace young, Herrera Smalling, Matic and whoever plays on the right wing etc.

With Pogba staying we need like 5 signings. With him going we need closer to 7.

Pogba is replaceable when you have a solid foundation. He become very hard to replace when you are also wanting to replace half your squad who are much worse players and much bigger problems.

sugar_kane

Maybe I'm just channeling my inner Souness but he did my head in yesterday.

He saw quite a lot of the ball but mainly did very little with it (or ceded possession) and when off the ball didn't make much effort to create options for his team mates.

It came across (again, inner Souness) like he was actively trying to be shit as opposed to working hard and being shit (like Lukaku, for example)

I can't see there being a happy ending with United and Pogba so I'd rather we were just rid of him.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Liam Brady basically saying Pogba, Lingarrd and Martial dont have the game know how, game intelligence. And that there is a huge gulf between the man city players and the man utd players.

westmeath

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Liam Brady basically saying Pogba, Lingarrd and Martial dont have the game know how, game intelligence. And that there is a huge gulf between the man city players and the man utd players.
He’s right though, isn’t he?

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
And the manager, and the backroom staff and the CEO, and basically the whole club....

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
When they sold Suarez they did not improve as a team at all.

poleglass red

When they sold Suarez they did not improve as a team at all.
they are a better team now than when he left. His money wasn't exactly reinvested too wisely, maybe that's your point, but the club changed it's outlook, brought Klopp in and give him time. More importantly they learnt their lesson in their recruitement policy and reinvested the Coutinho money incredibly well. My point being Coutinho and Suarez maybe more so, were Liverpool's main player. They were sold and they have improved. We've changed managers like Liverpool did and hopefully we give Ole the time and player acquisition that they have given Klopp if we sell our main player.

Walters_19_MuFc

He should give Ole a full season. If it doesn't work out, then he can go.

At the moment, people are saying we should get rid of him. He's not the problem and there's very few midfielders who would give us the numbers Pogba has.

Dynamic midfielders and some wingers who actually run in behind and see how we fare.

Luke1995

I had hope he would stay if we played in the Champions League. He's not playing Europa League again. Sadly he's gone

As for his future, i'm not so sure he'll be going to Madrid. It looks like they will spend alot of money in Hazard and in order to buy Pogba they probably need to sell Bale for a high price, which is not easy.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
At least we'll get a load of money for him. Bags of talent, wrong time to come back to United. Has a bit of a shitty attitude at points, but I don't blame him too much.

Jib

He deserves a better team. Like I said in the player performances thread, he should leave the club for his own good.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
All the flicks, tricks and looping passes don't help when the man stands motionless in the middle of the field while the other is breaking.

Wrong type of player for this club because of the context. He is a big part of the problem.

RoyH1

He should go back to Juventus. Serie A is better for his style. In Madrid, the Bernabéu would eat him alive after just one shit performance.

el3mel

Can't see Raiola enjoying his client playing in Europe League again anyway. He'll fill his head with the ideas of leaving and joining Zidane new project at Madrid etc. Not that I care about anyone leaving from our squad anymore all honestly.

rotherham_red

We'll only sell for £150m+ with three years on his contract. He's pretty much buggered cos I don't see anyone spending that outside of Real, whose financial position is not conducive to allowing it to happen. Juve can't, and Barca won't. PSG maybe? But even they will be screwed on FFP grounds.

He might have to suck it in and have one more season here before being allowed to go for a more reasonable sum of £90m-£100m.

Who knows, maybe if he and we have a good season, he might be minded to stay a little longer? But one thing for sure is, we simply can't build the team around someone who is so prone to being patchy.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Honestly why the feck would Real want him?

Unless it's for the same buffoon head reason Ed had such a hard on for him i.e. shirt sales

Loublaze

ATLien
Honestly why the feck would Real want him?

Unless it's for the same buffoon head reason Ed had such a hard on for him i.e. shirt sales
Because he's world class, very marketable and would improve them? Zidane knows a thing or two about bringing the best out of players, nothing like anything we've seen at this miserable club since Fergie left