Pochettino | Agrees to be US National Team Coach

You weren't. Awoniyi was almost anonymous today and not because of Chelsea's defending. We gave you a two goal start and played Lindelof in the second half and still won.
I can only recommend Specsavers or you tuned into the wrong game.

How dodgy ? Bruno was going on goal. As clear red as it ever been. Same happened to Newcastle against Liverpool.
Their team lost and it was against Utd. So obviously it was dodgy.

Both the pen and the red card were correct decision in the United game.
Coops, in his post match Vid, said they used the anger they were feeling after the shitty decisions at OT and took it out on Chelsea

Why is there a cult of Poch? He’s the ultimate failure and couldn’t even win a one horse race in France.
So glad United didn’t waste a season or two under him

No we were about at the same level - the difference at United was the ref and a dodgy sending off. I do agree that Chelsea are terrible, not a lot of effort or guile and a predictable team to set up against.

:lol:

Yeah because he shouldn't call a clear pen and a clear red card.

Coops, in his post match Vid, said they used the anger they were feeling after the shitty decisions at OT and took it out on Chelsea
Cue to the other PL teams, get angry at legitimate decisions so that you can win the next game!

Yes. PSG were criticized for their subpar performances and he moaned about expectations being too high, that PSG shouldn't be expected to win every games. That press conference was an eye opener, he isn't a winner at least not at the level required by top clubs, where you are definitely expected to win every games, it won't happen but it's the goal and you have to do it with style in most places.
He spent far too long at Spurs. It’s in the blood now. Aim low, you’ll never be disappointed.

Why is there a cult of Poch? He’s the ultimate failure and couldn’t even win a one horse race in France.
So glad United didn’t waste a season or two under him

There isn't really. It's just 1 person who continues to support him.

The PSG experience and Poch's quotes there should have been a massive eye-opener on him. Messi and Neymar also proceeded to have the worst season of their club careers under his watch.

They were no shitty decision in the United game, and honestly Forest were pretty awful today. Capitalised on a mistake but otherwise offered nothing in this game apart from an extremely low block.

Thought they were ok today but they are basically like us, no real attackers you’d trust to put the ball in the back of the net. Also like us they will get countered to hell and back by direct balls and if you can’t score and make a cushion you’re dropping points most games.
Thought they were subpar at best today. Taking away the Jackson chance that sterling did well with, I can't remember many other chances.
Forest, scored and if elanga got his head up a few times could have punished them more.

Chelsea were pretty aimless today. They were fine against Luton, but then it's Luton. They looked poor v west ham.

I'm sure Chelsea didn't use three/five at the back in pre season unless I'm dreaming that

Think it's a bit predictable that after signing so many new players without a specific direction or vision that this would happen. I don't think it's necessarily a Poch issue, but whatever they have now isn't something that any manager could work with without being given time. I'm not his biggest fan, but they need a bit of stability.

Think it's a bit predictable that after signing so many new players without a specific direction or vision that this would happen. I don't think it's necessarily a Poch issue, but whatever they have now isn't something that any manager could work with without being given time. I'm not his biggest fan, but they need a bit of stability.
Interesting...seeing a few sensible post recently. I must be dreaming or something. But, you are spot on. With the amount of outgoings, ingoings, youth in the team and injuries, a lot of managers wouldn't be able to cope, yet the performance by Chelsea has been great which points to better signs to come once those hurdles are overcome. They are playing without their best attacker, so it is common that they will look a bit toothless in front of goal. Take haaland, rashford, saka, salah out of their respective team and they won't look as strong.

Thought they were subpar at best today. Taking away the Jackson chance that sterling did well with, I can't remember many other chances.
Forest, scored and if elanga got his head up a few times could have punished them more.

Chelsea were pretty aimless today. They were fine against Luton, but then it's Luton. They looked poor v west ham.

I'm sure Chelsea didn't use three/five at the back in pre season unless I'm dreaming that

There were a couple nearly chances, that frustratingly went begging because of a needless extra touch or a bad first touch or a great last ditch tackle. Sterling and Jackson probably had sitters if it weren’t for some great last ditch defending. I think a bit of luck and/or a bit of composure and finesse in the final third is what were lacking. Forest offered nothing really apart from a couple of counters when the game became stretched with us chasing the game.

But yeah, we played 4231 mostly in preseason and we looked good. This back 3 stuff is very annoying.

It’s like lying to an angry mob to get them burn the town down.
Can be a winning strategy but a dangerous one because the mob won’t see when they have to stop.

Interesting...seeing a few sensible post recently. I must be dreaming or something. But, you are spot on. With the amount of outgoings, ingoings, youth in the team and injuries, a lot of managers wouldn't be able to cope, yet the performance by Chelsea has been great which points to better signs to come once those hurdles are overcome. They are playing without their best attacker, so it is common that they will look a bit toothless in front of goal. Take haaland, rashford, saka, salah out of their respective team and they won't look as strong.
I’ll have what you’re having man. Seeing the best in any situation to this level is something I can only dream of.

Serious question and I’m not trolling. How do you spend so much of your time and energy debating with other people about an individual football manager who isn’t even related to the team you support in any way?

I’ve known about fanboys of players before (Ronaldo/Messi for example) but I’ve never known someone get so attached to a manager before and especially a manager who hasn’t ever won a European trophy.

Again, genuine question as I’m curious. I would probably understand if it was Pep, Sir Alex, Klopp or Clough. But Pochettino? It just makes no sense to me.

There were a couple nearly chances, that frustratingly went begging because of a needless extra touch or a bad first touch or a great last ditch tackle. Sterling and Jackson probably had sitters if it weren’t for some great last ditch defending. I think a bit of luck and/or a bit of composure and finesse in the final third is what were lacking. Forest offered nothing really apart from a couple of counters when the game became stretched with us chasing the game.

But yeah, we played 4231 mostly in preseason and we looked good. This back 3 stuff is very annoying.

Though it's 3 defenders, I would love to see Chilwell's average position.

I’ll have what you’re having man. Seeing the best in any situation to this level is something I can only dream of.
If performance was like Chelsea the past few season, it would be hard to see the best in any situation that is going on there. But chelsea are playing much better than they have the last few season. A lot of their fans acknowledged that. Only real problem so far is turning those performances into result, which will happen once they have a natural goalscorer.

Serious question and I’m not trolling. How do you spend so much of your time and energy debating with other people about an individual football manager who isn’t even related to the team you support in any way?

I’ve known about fanboys of players before (Ronaldo/Messi for example) but I’ve never known someone get so attached to a manager before and especially a manager who hasn’t ever won a European trophy.

Again, genuine question as I’m curious. I would probably understand if it was Pep, Sir Alex, Klopp or Clough. But Pochettino? It just makes no sense to me.

I wonder if it’s Poch himself. Probably gets bored and searches forums to big himself up

Said these before:
- Chelsea should get an experienced Maguire if they're going to play deep, or in back 3. He's not expensive, either. They shouldn't rely on a 38 y.o. Silva.
- Chelsea would struggle as they lack of creativity in their attack. Liverpool's Sterling was creative, but then he was 'transformed' into more about goalscoring at City.

Said these before:
- Chelsea should get an experienced Maguire if they're going to play deep, or in back 3. He's not expensive, either. They shouldn't rely on a 38 y.o. Silva.
- Chelsea would struggle as they lack of creativity in their attack. Liverpool's Sterling was creative, but then he was 'transformed' into more about goalscoring at City.

Chelsea won't be top 4, midfield with Enzo, Caicedo and Gallagher has not enough creativity. I think Pot will start dropping one of them for an attacking midfielder. I think Sterling is done at this level, seems like an average winger and he will slowly be replaced.

Chelsea won't be top 4, midfield with Enzo, Caicedo and Gallagher has not enough creativity. I think Pot will start dropping one of them for an attacking midfielder. I think Sterling is done at this level, seems like an average winger and he will slowly be replaced.
Enzo, Caceido and Gallagher or Case, Amrabat and Bruno?

Burlap manufacturers should prepare for a massive order coming in soon from the Shed End.

It's not just midfield, but rely on Sterling in their attack is not enough. Of course if they get the likes of Osinhem later, they'll eventually score lots of goals.

Yes, most likely Gallagher to the wing, or replaced by AM. They really should go for Maddison when available. Relatively cheap as well. It's insane Spurs went unchallenged for him. Some in Caf didn't rate him also, but we're just unpaid bunch of fans.