Gaming Playstation VR2 | Discounted in the UK to around £330

They've been looking at that since the early PSVR days.

There were rumours they'd hired one or two of the guys who already made it work (I used the PSVR on Steam for a bit until the Quest), so the only surprise is it took this long and they didn't make a bigger deal out of it to push sales. Will be interesting now if they do and the kind of controller support they'll add, if it's full and it works then that will be very good for VR.

"Sony's latest firmware update enables PC access! This means it's no longer necessary to use driver/hardware workarounds to make it work on Windows. Still TBC whether this update enables NVidia use, but all indications are that Sony's "PC games" plans involve direct connection"

https://www.reddit.com/r/PSVR/s/GMSPTS58UE

Great news, this means it's going to be full on PC support and not some streaming solution. Saves me buying a Quest 3 now..

Last edited:
Played through Star Wars Galaxy's Edge and it's a real mixed bad. The included DLC is better. I finally got to swing a light saber in VR! Played a bit of pistol whip and seemed cool.

One game I played through last month was a rhythm game called Synth Riders. I liked it more than Beat saber and even bought a couple of DLC packs. I do wish the music on offer was more to my taste, though.

So about that killer app... What and how long are we thinking?

I imagine the cash Sony will make from enhanced PSVR2 hardware sales, will allow for more Sony exclusives and more PCVR games landing on the system development wise. The majority of people that own both a PS5 and PC will now opt for the PSVR2 over the Quest 3.

So about that killer app... What and how long are we thinking?
GT7 is already a killer app chapp! The pinnacle of console racing games and coupled with a good wheel and pedal setup is god tier stuff.

Not saying the platform couldn’t do with another killer app mind you :)

GT7 is already a killer app chapp! The pinnacle of console racing games and coupled with a good wheel and pedal setup is god tier stuff.

Not saying the platform couldn’t do with another killer app mind you :)

I don't care how optimistic you are about this the time my dad insisted I play GT7 in VR and I spent the next 30 minutes fighting pangs of nausea does that not make that a killer app.

Very immersive though. Good fun.

Edit: What wheel do you have?

I don't care how optimistic you are about this the time my dad insisted I play GT7 in VR and I spent the next 30 minutes fighting pangs of nausea does that not make that a killer app.

Very immersive though. Good fun.

Edit: What wheel do you have?
Yeah, I acknowledge motion sickness can be a barrier, tbh Vidyoyo dude, I’ve had to remain dedicated to it as I suffered the first few times quite badly. Technological tour de force though buddy and I can play uninterrupted for a good while now before me tum tum disapproves.

Fanatec DD Pro and loaded pedal set. Actually made F1 games playable.

Yeah, I acknowledge motion sickness can be a barrier, tbh Vidyoyo dude, I’ve had to remain dedicated to it as I suffered the first few times quite badly. Technological tour de force though buddy and I can play uninterrupted for a good while now before me tum tum disapproves.

Fanatec DD Pro and loaded pedal set. Actually made F1 games playable.
I just have the PS4 and the non VR version but that's fun enough with the wheel and pedal set.

Absolutely dude, agreed. If I’m playing my mate and chasing lap times then I do that without VR, I’m loads quicker non VR.
I would really like to wipe my save and start again from the beginning as I am out of practice but it doesn't let you do that, I'll just have to practice again.

I would really like to wipe my save and start again from the beginning as I am out of practice but it doesn't let you do that, I'll just have to practice again.
Edit for anyone who may care - Might be able to set up a 2nd profile on the PS4 and reinstall the game on that. Will try it anyway.

PlayStation VR2 Steam app is officially available. Pre-orders for the PC adapter must be close now.

There has been a massive price reduction, today on this. Can't pick it up for £330. Not sure if it's permanent or not. Get on it if you have not!