Phil Jones

He's going to be an immense CB. Great praise from Fergie.

What a fecking player, was a beast today!!!! Yeah!!! What a man!
The way he composed himself today was absoltuely incredible.

He gave Welbeck huge praise a few years ago when it seemed a bit silly and he took that in his stride and seemed to revel in it.

That comment was for phil jones alone.

He can become a fantastic player for us.

He's an excellent prospectto be honest. To be as good as he is at his age is scary. Hopefully he'll get to continue in the middle.

fecking hell :lol:

Gotta say, tonight he was outstanding against Benteke. He's going to be a world class centre back for years to come. Any doubt I had over his ability in the centre has been wiped away with every performance this season.

Capello called him 'Baresi' and then Fergie says that... if this guy doesn't end up like Duncan Edwards meets Bobby Moore, he's a failure.

I know John terry is not popular and so many non Chelsea fans seem to not give him credit for his peak years.

When jones plays in the centre he is like terry version 2. For me this is a very good thing.

I remember when we signed him.. Nev kept saying he was 'Gold'

Everyone rates him very highly.

WooWW. Big statement on him by Fegie! However you can see where he's coming from.

Obviously caught up in the moment. We were playing Aston Villa who are 17th. Played great though.

Like I said. Fergie said Welbeck would be a future England starter. It seemed ridiculous.
When exactly did it look ridiculous?

Given Welbeck's talent and England's lack of quality strikers besides Rooney, chance were always pretty good.

Obviously caught up in the moment. We were playing Aston Villa who are 17th. Played great though.

Aye true but he's played very well in the games he's played over the past few months. Just needs to shake off these nibbling injuries he seems to pick up, a full season at anywhere near the form he's shown in the past 2 month and he's a contender for player of the year.

Hey, Phil, guess what Fergie just said....

article-2306398-19332643000005DC-743_306x423.jpg

And I dont think he is a liability any more playing at centre back. I am fully confident he can get the job done now no matter who he plays against. He has matured over the last 12 months, grown stronger, better header of the ball and has generally become a better defender.

Phil Jones v Varane thread is needed.. in a few years

Aye true but he's played very well in the games he's played over the past few months. Just needs to shake off these nibbling injuries he seems to pick up, a full season at anywhere near the form he's shown in the past 2 month and he's a contender for player of the year.

yeah the regular 2-4 week injuries he gets are hugely annoying. Promisingly none of our players seemed to get injured in this last month or so? Well except Young. Hopefully means our injury 'luck' is now over and returns to normal levels.