Paul Pogba

Status
Not open for further replies.
You've got a match fixing scandal in Italy and at least one person at Juve potentially caught up in it again. Plus whether Italy will be a better place to be than England career wise is dubious.

We've got a manager who might not be around in 3 years time and question marks over our ability to compete financially.

I wouldn't say it's an easy choice, and things can happen in the coming weeks that would change the picture slightly.

Why the feck a youngster who hardly had 10 competitive starts, will be thinking all that?

Juventus isn't capable of competing with the likes of City and Chelsea any more than we are. And I'm betting on Fergie still managing United after Conte has departed Juve. Really silly reasons.

Why the feck a youngster who hardly had 10 competitive starts, will be thinking all that?

Because it's his career?

He also has an agent/advisor and presumably parents who will no doubt be thinking it for him.

Juventus isn't capable of competing with the likes of City and Chelsea any more than we are. And I'm betting on Fergie still managing United after Conte has departed Juve. Really silly reasons.

Juventus aren't in the same league as Chelsea or City.

The second statement is silly. Ferguson might well be one of the main reasons he'd want to stay at United, so Fergie potentially retiring quite soon would then obviously become a factor.

United aren't an automatic first career choice for anyone they offer a contract to. Don't be an arse just for the sake of it.

Losing that kind of talent is always a great loss.

Powell would be a good consolation though- and better than Pogba atm imo. Powell is probably a safer bet in terms loyalty also

Juventus aren't in the same league as Chelsea or City.

The second statement is silly. Ferguson might well be one of the main reasons he'd want to stay at United, so Fergie potentially retiring quite soon would then obviously become a factor.

United aren't an automatic first career choice for anyone they offer a contract to. Don't be an arse just for the sake of it.

Yes, United aren't an automatic first choice for everyone. And if the idea is 'I just want to play in the big league that will be more comfortable to win'... fair enough.

Fergie's longevity has been an asset, one that we might not have for long, but it's not something that should put us behind anyone else. Fergie's still here, Pogba doesn't know who will replace him or when, nor can he be sure that Conte will be at Juve in a year or two. That's not much of a reason.

I dont think United are too upset to be losing Pogba. I think If united wanted him to stay we would have ending up offering him a better deal. We were happy to have him on the books at a modest wage to be a "squad player". I just have the feeling that when Fergie said he would be a squad player he was thinking he would be more a Gibson than a Welbeck.

Because, having watched them both, I don't think you could easily argue that Powell is better. He's scored some nice goals but when I've seen him the rest of his game was a bit underwhelming.

You have most probably watched him for one match and passed your judgement over him, which is quite usual for you.

Anyway from what I've heard, Powell is a different type of midfielder from Pogba, no comparison IMO.

I dont think United are too upset to be losing Pogba. I think If united wanted him to stay we would have ending up offering him a better deal. We were happy to have him on the books at a modest wage to be a "squad player". I just have the feeling that when Fergie said he would be a squad player he was thinking he would be more a Gibson than a Welbeck.

I think we are. Fergie has continuously talked him up in his interviews. Will be a very good player although he wasn't impressive at all in this season.

Based on todays performance, I wouldn't say he's more talented than Pogba. You can't say that for sure. He scored a great goal, but he lost the ball quite a lot. I'm sure Pogba would stand out in League 2, im certain of it.

You posted this in the Powell thread. So from one match you have deciphered that he isn't better than Pogba, well done :lol:

You posted this in the Powell thread. So from one match you have deciphered that he isn't better than Pogba, well done :lol:

Yes numb nuts, but you said it's quite usual for me. So how is it?

I know Crewe supporters that have filled me in about Powell. I watched the final with them and they asked me what I thought of him. I said that he scored a nice goal but some of his play was really wasteful, though he did show the ability to play good football on a couple of occasions. They said that's what he's been like but he does look like he'll be a good player.

So in one game I got it spot on. My mate watched him in the Semi's and levelled the exact same criticisms at him too. Apparently the commentators were giving him a hard time for being so wasteful.

I remember him putting in some good performances. He played well against Stoke for a start. Didn't you watch that game?

As a whole would you say he was Impressive as compared to his previous seasons?
He looked good in the Stoke match, but as a whole he wasn't that that good. Will be a very good player but I'm not sure how he would get the game time at Juve.

As a whole would you say he was Impressive as compared to his previous seasons?
He looked good in the Stoke match, but as a whole he wasn't that that good. Will be a very good player but I'm not sure how he would get the game time at Juve.

His season was too stop-start. I remember he went 2 weeks without football at one stage because we pulled him out of the reserves to sit on our bench and not bring him on. It must have been a frustrating season for him.

Why do you think Powell is better than Pogba at the moment?

I am not sure, and I may be influenced by the fact that Pogba may disappear and that Powell might come.

but Powell's qualities and importance to the team he has played for has been evident for several years, both nationally and internationally. He is a leader with good composure, vision, flair, technique and good passing ability. The fact that he scores a lot of goals has probably also influenced me. He appears to be a complete player- lack of pace is maybe the only exception ( He is not slow), but he has the strength and wisdom to "hide" this weakness well. Pogba is -still- more of a HUGE talent!?

Powell has not played at the same level as Pogba and under completely different conditions than Pogba does, so the comparison is obviously unfair. I still feel that he is a very good consolation for a possible loss of Pogba though...

Losing that kind of talent is always a great loss.

I know, I have absolutley NO IDEA how we can replace what he brought to the team.....Ummmm no....hang on....

Cantona retiring was a great loss.

Keane leaving was a great loss.

Ronaldo leaving was a great loss.

Pogba leaving is a case of a Child with a lack of patience and an over inflated sense of his own worth thinking the grass is greener elsewhere.

I know, I have absolutley NO IDEA how we can replace what he brought to the team.....Ummmm no....hang on....

Pogba leaving is a case of a Child with a lack of patience and an over inflated sense of his own worth thinking the grass is greener elsewhere.

Spot on.

Yes, i'd rather we hang onto him but if he doesnt want to be here, he can feck right off. Barely played for the club and so much of drama around him, incredible.

Because it's his career?

He also has an agent/advisor and presumably parents who will no doubt be thinking it for him.

The boy must be new Messi or something to have a dilemma of choosing between United & Juventus, without even proving himself as an exciting talent to the world. :lol:

What priviledges!

I have nothing to do with this transfer but this whole saga sucks.
Players like Hazard, Fabregas deserve such saga.

It must be categorized as a loss to lose a talent in which we have invested time, money and expertise in. SAF has even initiated the Pogba would be part of our future 1 team.

but can he be replaced? Sure!

We still don't know what Pogba is going to do, and what is the cause of what is happening in relation to the contract negotiations etc. In addition to being impatient children also tend to judge on inadequate grounds ;)

It probably won't be confirmed so soon.

The player is not a huge signing, you have to remember he's not a first-team, and won't be for some time at either club, so I'm not expecting a massive press-release about it or a massive rush to sign him. Also, it's absolutely possible that players are on holidays and involved in other commitments and activities to finalize this. There's been nothing in the press to indicate a U-turn on Pogba's move to Juve. As far as I'm concerned, he's gone.

Keane leaving was not a great loss, he was well past his best and was causing problems internally. If you remember he was essentially sacked and the team went from strength to strength after he left so I am not sure of your reasoning on that one.

The went on to win the treble shortly after Cantona retired too! Losing Ronaldo was a blow but we remained successful and he hasn't been anymore successful at his new club than he would have been staying with us.

The point is that even great players are not bigger than the club let alone Pogba.

It is a blow to lose him but his agent wants to move him as that is how he makes his money, there is little we can do about that.

The boy must be new Messi or something to have a dilemma of choosing between United & Juventus, without even proving himself as an exciting talent to the world. :lol:

What priviledges!

I have nothing to do with this transfer but this whole saga sucks.
Players like Hazard, Fabregas deserve such saga.

Or alternatively he's just got two clubs interested in him so has to make a decision? You know, like can happen to anyone at his age with a bit of talent? and in fact frequently does happen?

and it's not a saga. Not to anyone except the gimps in this thread who just want to villify him, despite the fact no one can prove he's done anything wrong at all and all reliable accounts from the club suggesting the complete opposite.

Damn, I was looking forward to orgasmic reactions from Gary Neville after
Pog-baAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHhhhhhhhhhh scored a screamer for us, sometime during a career in a big game.

Oh well, you win some you lose some..

This situation with Morrison, (Next Joey Barton?) and now Pogba is becoming irritating.

They should love the club much more than I do; they freaking WORK there and are living the dream, with loads of natural talent. They ought to feel a bond to the club.

But i guess, better, even now, than later.

Status
Not open for further replies.