Patrice Evra Hates Thursdays | West Ham on a free?

The ban just seems like they suspended him for the rest of the season as they didn't want to set a proper deadline and this just makes it all easier for the authorities. The fine is laughable, I was expecting some community service too.

One of my favourite players and characters to play for United. Knew what United meant to fans. However, if United got him back whilst this is still fresh it would place the club in a bad light. Basically, it would mean showing a single finger to his previous club and the French FA.

just a select few comments from page 1-2. hardly anyone mentioning racism. Its not pedantic, it's just you thinking everyone thinks like you retrospectively.
I’m calling you pedantic because obviously not everyone thought it. There were a lot of debates about it, and there was a lot of discussion about how acceptable it’d be if the fan was racist. Therefore others were also thinking it could’ve been racism.

What’s your point anyway mate? You just seem up for a dead end argument.

One of my favourite players and characters to play for United. Knew what United meant to fans. However, if United got him back whilst this is still fresh it would place the club in a bad light. Basically, it would mean showing a single finger to his previous club and the French FA.
No matter how much he loves the club or some fans want him back, he is past his prime and he is not what we need right now.

I don’t see the downside :p

Are you trolling? Or have you not watched any football in the last 3 years?

Evra was shocking for us in his last season here. Palace pulled out of signing him in the summer which should tell you everything. He is complete and utter liability.

I was semi joking, semi thinking we are so piss poor on the left that at least he brings good charisma!

But yeah, no, at most he should be a mascot lol

France FA? Its UEFA that banned him. Unless France FA has mentioned that they want in on the ban to.

Nothing more professional than kicking a spectator in the face.

Just like Cantona then ;) .

I would think its fair to disclose what fan said to Evra, given the length of the ban.

Isn't that what the banner read. ? Not what was said originally, prior to the kick.
That's what's been reported although it isn't known if Evra had a specific reason to kick that particular fan.

Yeah. Brazilian fans are spamming his Instagram though begging him to go to Brazil so if he doesn't want his career to end on such a sour note I guess that might be an option.

Evra has Brazilian fans? They'll quickly be disappointed with him. Even in Brazil, he is pretty much past it. He should consider calling it quit, but I realize he probably doesn't want to end things like this.

Ah right. Any reason why they hate him so much (before the kick).

Take back what I said on the first/second page of this thread then. Everyone was just assuming it was racism.
One of their highest earners and one of their worst if not their worst players. Evra doesn't accept criticism, responds with (what he thinks are clever) IG videos.

I think it's more of a Zidane moment. He's probably been thinking about giving up for a while. This was him mentally being in a place where he didn't give a feck about reacting to fan abuse after years of getting it before.

09:37CIARAN KELLY
Patrice Evra sent message by Olivier Giroud
I hope that he can bounce back, he said after Evra was banned from UEFA club competitions until June and had his contract ripped up at Marseille.

I’ve written him a message to send my support. We had five great years together with the national team and he has always been a leader. It’s difficult to speak of what he did, but it was instinct, something full of emotion. And I don’t understand very well how supporters can come so close to the pitch like that.

He’s won numerous titles, he’s a great player. I hope he can rebound, rediscover his happiness and finish in a different manner.

GettyImages-869540716.jpg

I think it's more of a Zidane moment. He's probably been thinking about giving up for a while. This was him mentally being in a place where he didn't give a feck about reacting to fan abuse after years of getting it before.
I don't give a fek about his reaction anyway. He reacted based on instinct, protected his own rights, respect for that and fek the "he s a public person, he should be an example for kids and so on". Defending your shite is above that, above being a public person, especially when being abused.

The guy in the stands was at an age at wich you have enough common sense to know that, if you talk shite about another guy, the other guy might smack you. He should take it as a man, apologize and help Pat, even if he was hit.

Any Abuse is bigger than any other social rule and this "example for kids nonsense" should stop.

As a fan, being at a game and abusing someone, you deserve much more than a kick. How can you abuse a player that has a job to entertain you? Feked up world imo.

By the way have Marseille banned the fans who were down there throwing abuse about, or are they too scared of them?

In the statement regarding Evra's firing, they say that they intend to sanction the fans that invaded the field.

Why is is that whenever a former Man Utd player is involved with some shit, they ALWAYS make a point to state that he is a former Man Utd player.
WTF does that have to do with it if he is not even at our club anymore? They just have to get that dig in there.
A) Marseille are a nothing club, and B) It would otherwise be "French player misbehaves in France" so it gives the story more relevance in English media.

One of their highest earners and one of their worst if not their worst players. Evra doesn't accept criticism, responds with (what he thinks are clever) IG videos.
It’s weird how players who used to be good and/or played for a big club automatically get a higher wage. Evra was shit for us in his last season and average at Juve so why does that entitle him to higher wages at Marseille?

Seeing as he was such a loved player at United it makes it kinda easy for some to look past his many faults. This, the crap Instagram videos, the homophobic abuse against Gourcuff and so forth.

I think we should bring him back in the summer after his ban is over. He will be ?37, he could still do a Job at LB since we desperately need one. Will provide great support for Martial and Rashford down the left flank.

Seeing as he was such a loved player at United it makes it kinda easy for some to look past his many faults. This, the crap Instagram videos, the homophobic abuse against Gourcuff and so forth.
Give me Paddy's Instagram videos over the shite you post in the 500k any day!

He's only banned from European competitions not league games and is being linked with Napoli now

I think we should bring him back in the summer after his ban is over. He will be ?37, he could still do a Job at LB since we desperately need one. Will provide great support for Martial and Rashford down the left flank.
We don't need someone that can do a job, we have them already. We need a top class LB. Shaw would be a better option than Evra any day of the week, and we are apparently getting rid of him.

It’s weird how players who used to be good and/or played for a big club automatically get a higher wage. Evra was shit for us in his last season and average at Juve so why does that entitle him to higher wages at Marseille?
It's weird and at the same time it's not. He comes to France with a reputation high, multiple league title winners, winner of CL. For that profile alone, you're assured a good salary. I realize that those things mean feck all when on the pitch if said player cannot perform to a satisfying level

No way, the man is finished, have you actually watched any of his matches in the past 1-1.5 year ? He's a liability who gets taken to the cleaners by any quick winger. He really should retire, this is the perfect moment.

We don't need someone that can do a job, we have them already. We need a top class LB. Shaw would be a better option than Evra any day of the week, and we are apparently getting rid of him.
:wenger: Was only joking.

Sad. Didn't really want to see Evra playing against us at all tbh.

Should have just took him back here for the rest of the season and give him a coaching role.

They have Masauku who has been one of their bright spots (spitting incident aside) and Cresswell so don’t see why.