Paris Olympic football, men

Millot (French starter) got a red during the brawl.

Agree. You just knew that something would happen. Young kids, lots of emotions.

Nothing to do with kids. The senior Argentinean team are notorious for being sh*te losers who want to fight at the end of its a close match.

Hows Kone doing. If we keeping Casemiro we should try and sign an up and coming CDM . He was highly rated on here last season

I know thread says men but they are not shy about putting stoppage time in this games. Regardless of men or women. 16 minutes now between France and Brazil (W).

Nothing to do with kids. The senior Argentinean team are notorious for being sh*te losers who want to fight at the end of its a close match.
Which game are you referring to as bad losers? Arabia, Uruguay? Which one?

Mascherano does it again, the dude even when he doesn't do it that bad, he still fecks it up, he has a very bad vibe since time, incredible that he is still given the chance time and again.

PD1: He should have sellect more youngsters too, no point at all in calling Alvarez, Otamendi and Rulli. I get it that the medal was the aim, but it would have been better try to use fellas like Nico Paz, Mastantuono, in the same way he called, Medina, Equi and Zenon...Echeverri BTW went on holliday.
PD2: regarding the brawl at the end even Henry apologised and was pissed with the player that generated and was even sent off.

Mascherano does it again, the dude even when he doesn't do it that bad, he still fecks it up, he has a very bad vibe since time, incredible that he is still given the chance time and again.

PD1: He should have sellect more youngsters too, no point at all in calling Alvarez, Otamendi and Rulli. I get it that the medal was the aim, but it would have been better try to use fellas like Nico Paz, Mastantuono, in the same way he called, Medina, Equi and Zenon...Echeverri BTW went on holliday.
PD2: regarding the brawl at the end even Henry apologised and was pissed with the player that generated and was even sent off.
Argentina seem to have a big issue with France these days. Really poor behaviour.

I watched Morocco USA and Spain Japan, the other two games were too late but I'm not surprised by the way it ended between France and Argentina.

Morocco 4 - 0 USA
The game was easier than I expected after watching a replay of USA 3 - 0 Guinea. It looked like USA respected us too much, their defense lacked composure and that made the game easier for Morocco who was pressing high during the whole game.
I was also afraid their RW Paredes would cause problems to our LB who's orignally a RW converted to a RB but had to play LB because we brought Hakimi, but in the end he did very well defending.
Nothing to complain about in this game except El Khannous got a yellow card and will be suspended for the 1/2.

Spain 3 - 0 Japan
The score doesn't reflect the game's physionomy but Spain was very clinical and it looks like they gave up on their sterile possession style. At 1 - 0 Japan had their equalizer refused and without replay shown I was quite shocked as it was a really nice goal. Japan also hit the post on a header and the bar on a shot so I feel sorry for them to leave the competition with such a score.

Reactions: Rooney in Paris
Argentina seem to have a big issue with France these days. Really poor behaviour.

This NT was mostly fill with youngsters, since the beggining of the match the hostilty was towards Otamendi, a real Senior NT, he is and will ever be a hot headed fella, yet this time he certainly didn't started, BTW I didn't want him to be sellected at all, another of Mascherano's bad decisions in my book.

This NT was mostly fill with youngsters, since the beggining of the match the hostilty was towards Otamendi, a real Senior NT, he is and will ever be a hot headed fella, yet this time he certainly didn't started, BTW I didn't want him to be sellected at all, another of Mascherano's bad decisions in my book.
That's definitely a unique way of looking at it.

That's definitely a unique way of looking at it.

Ota can be quite a twat, he certainly didn't react as the Senior player that has to give the example, but this time he wasn't starting it for sure, even Henry was pissed off with the celebrations...anyway, the only real sad part it's that in the Olympics this sort of stuff shouldn't belongtoit, it's more common in "normal" matches.

Last edited:
It's probably for the best but why didn't Yoro get a place at the olympic squad? He meets the age requirements.

Desire Doue looks really talented. Bayern and PSG vying to sign but whoever does are getting a great talent. Playing well as a left winger but from videos I've seen he also plays as an 8 at times.

Spain is taking everything in football...

Euros - Spain
Olympics - Spain
Womens World Cup - Spain
Mens UCL - Real Madrid
Womens UCL - Barcelona

Sevilla probably have a Europa league or something

He was in the provisional squad. Thiery Henry cut him for the main squad.
Have to assume that's because Yoro was concentrating on a transfer? To us or whomever at that point

Why do you have to assume that?
Don't have to but that's my assumption, but there's a question mark there because I'm wondering if anybody has more of a clue

I didn’t manage any of the football at the Olympics this year.

Also, why the feck were Spain wearing their away kit when there isn’t a clash? Why do teams keep doing this?

Good game. Olise is fantastic

Olise and Desire Doué are two top players. And also Manù Kone: you should buy him for the defensive midfielder spot: you can't pass him and he is also a box to box player with incredible physique and a good technique.
For Spain, the forward players are average but the midfield is top class. Barrios can play n. 6 or n. 8. Alex Baena is very technical and can also play on the wing: last year he was the top assist man. And Femin is fantastic goal scorer and the man of the tournament.

Emma Hayes immediately smashing it as the USA manager is great to see. I didn't think the USA winning a gold would be my favourite part of the Olympics but here were are.

One day a men's team should give her a shot.