Paris Olympic football, men

Just going through the squads, seeing what I notice.

Lacazette is captaining France, they also have Olise and Mateta in there from Palace.

Naby Keita in the Guinea squad.

Alvarez playing back to back tournaments for Argentina following the Copa America, so is Otamendi (captain) who was used sparingly. Alvarez did get a bit of a rest towards the end of PL season, benched for City's final 4 games.

Elneny is Egypt captain.

Barcelona's Fermin Lopez in there for Spain.

No Brazil, they didn't qualify after winning the last 2 Olympics. Japan choosing not to take any of up to 3 over 23 players they could have selected.

I always liked Olympic Football, it tends to be offensive and players really love to win a medal. Really hoping to watch a great Torunament

Just going through the squads, seeing what I notice.

Lacazette is captaining France, they also have Olise and Mateta in there from Palace.

Naby Keita in the Guinea squad.

Alvarez playing back to back tournaments for Argentina following the Copa America, so is Otamendi (captain) who was used sparingly. Alvarez did get a bit of a rest towards the end of PL season, benched for City's final 4 games.

Elneny is Egypt captain.

Barcelona's Fermin Lopez in there for Spain.

No Brazil, they didn't qualify after winning the last 2 Olympics. Japan choosing not to take any of up to 3 over 23 players they could have selected.

That is a great decision

And Maschearno it's once again fvcking it so far, I dunno how many chances they are gonna give him

How is Alvarez playing in this after competing in the copa?

Alvarez has barely involved so far.

Morocco deserve to be winning but the penalty decision was a shocker.

How is Alvarez playing in this after competing in the copa?

The team is very nervous playing without any idea.
Alvarez it's on the same level. Strange changes by Maschearno too.

Even when the team does sthg. good there isn't a recepient in the little area and they have been leaving acres of space for counters since the minute one.

Well at least they've done one right.
I don't get why Echeverri doesn't play

The Ref pretty below par for both. Just not on the level required

Very claer chances wasted, Mascherano doen't even have luck to pull out as a coach

I really don't get why lately in so many football matches the Refs does not call for the medics to take the injured player out and treat them there like it always was.

Well, Mascherano kind of survived, but he still si so below par as a coach so far for us, he must wake up before it's too late. Some bizarre changes and tactical disposition

That goal was legal (if the problem it's Medina's position), what the hell with all this chaos, the fireworks, it was more like a Libertadores match than an Olympics one, bizarre.

Morocco deserved 3 points.

When winning by one goal? yes.
After the penalty and second goal they wrongly decided to sat back and waste time insted of being more detreminated to finish us.
If they had focus on trully close the match, they would have taken the cake seeing how rattle the Argentinian team was.

Yet even with Masche being quite clueless, the match got even and in the final stages Morocco could have even loose if not for some awuful finishings.
I think the tie is ok, yet I think that Morocco played better when they were better and Argentina looked disorganized as fvck.

Following the shameful behaviour after the match ended, they probably deserved zero points.

That is a crowd thing, it's the authorities the ones that should be more lenient and preventive.
I also can easily understand that if the Morocco team didn't knew the new VAR rule in the Olympics regarding counting every exact minute lost, they wouldn't restort to some time wasting, I guess they were surprised.

BTW that new rule is cool, but should be enhaced by the Ref doing his job and oblying teams to treat injured players outside the field, if not we will end with 20 extra minutes. Also in the additional 15 minutes there was a Morroco player in the floor like another 4 or 5 minutes, so if the refs do not do their jobs with players treatment, it will end in a very silly rule the one of counting precisly the minutes wasted.

Seems to be some confusion on whether the Argentina-Morocco game has actually finished. BBC say the referee suspended the game and they'll play the final 3 minutes in an empty stadium.

When winning by one goal? yes.
After the penalty and second goal they wrongly decided to sat back and waste time insted of being more detreminated to finish us.
If they had focus on trully close the match, they would have taken the cake seeing how rattle the Argentinian team was.

Yet even with Masche being quite clueless, the match got even and in the final stages Morocco could have even loose if not for some awuful finishings.
I think the tie is ok, yet I think that Morocco played better when they were better and Argentina looked disorganized as fvck.

That is a crowd thing, it's the authorities the ones that should be more lenient and preventive.
I also can easily understand that if the Morocco team didn't knew the new VAR rule in the Olympics regarding counting every exact minute lost, they wouldn't restort to some time wasting, I guess they were surprised.

BTW that new rule is cool, but should be enhaced by the Ref doing his job and oblying teams to treat injured players outside the field, if not we will end with 20 extra minutes. Also in the additional 15 minutes there was a Morroco player in the floor like another 4 or 5 minutes, so if the refs do not do their jobs with players treatment, it will end in a very silly rule the one of counting precisly the minutes wasted.

Morroccan fans endangered the players by throwing explosives, bottles and invading the pitch. I don't really trust french security after last week's chant debacle.

Morroccan fans endangered the players by throwing explosives, bottles and invading the pitch. I don't really trust french security after last week's chant debacle.

Ok, but this doesn't take the credit away of the good perfomance by the Moroccan team. It's more on the security of the place than even the fans, since it's not Moroccan ground and there are always some knucklehead that ruins even an Olympic event

Ok, but this doesn't take the credit away of the good perfomance by the Moroccan team. It's more on the security of the place than even the fans, since it's not Moroccan ground and there are always some knucklehead that ruins even an Olympic event
Yes but as is the norm, teams are punished for their fan's actions. This shouldn't be any different.

Yes but as is the norm, teams are punished for their fan's actions. This shouldn't be any different.

Dunno, it's neutral ground, it's an Olympic game, a warning would be sufficient for me.
Also a couple of kids got very easily on the field

Medina goal was disallowed, 2-1 and 3 minutes to be played.

For real? Medina wasn't offside, I guess someone else must have been, bizarre to say the least.
Everything in this match was kind of disorganized and weird

Last edited:
HAHAHA what a farse. So this is first world football? Anyone can smuggle fireworks, get into the field to suspend a game. 2 hours later thay can still review it even if they didn't review a clear handball during the game :lol:

If I were the argentinian FA I'd walk away from the competition. It's absolutely disrespectful. I guess we're starting to pay for Enzo's racist chant already.

For real? Medina wasn't offside, I guess someone else must have been, bizarre to say the least.
Everything in this match was kind of disorganized and weird
Yes he was, they showed the image. Half a boot.

I don't get it.

Medina can't be offside, the 11 from Morocco habilitated him by far, the only player that can be it's Amione, other one?? dunno..if it's Amione must have been by some mm, and an hour an half later? everything quite bizarre to say the least, they could have revised the penalty in that time too :lol: .

All in all in this mess, Mascherano's it's such a bad luck omen since quite a time

I don't get it.

Medina can't be offside, the 11 from Morocco habilitated him by far, the only player that can be it's Amione, other one?? dunno..if it's Amione must have been by some mm, and an hour an half later? everything quite bizarre to say the least, they could have revised the penalty in that time too :lol: .

I don't know the name but it was offside on the guy heading the ball before the guy who headed it in. Big toe offside similar to Delaney for Denmark against Germany

I don't get it.

It's amione. Half the boot.

I don't know the name but it was offside on the guy heading the ball before the guy who headed it in. Big toe offside similar to Delaney for Denmark against Germany

It's amione. Half the boot.

Thanks fellas, that makes sense (not the time they took to determinated).
Anyway Masche has been crashing Youth NTs since time, there is a bad mojo aura around him since years that doesn't feel right. I feel for the guy, because he is a great dude and was fecking great player, but dunno. Now he has an excuse for an Epic comeback taht if he does it might change his fecking aura or whatever, he didn't deserved to be appointed in the pre olympics.

I always love watching Japan at international torunaments, keep waiting for them to really break out and start challanging for the medals.