Owen Hargreaves - the commentator

I rarely get annoyed at commentators but he managed it. Just talks far too much and it's all boring or silly.

He is though, everything is awful according to him, whiny gimp with his mongrel accent

He's been very complimentary to United when we don't play the sloooow short game on the half way line, which all of us complain about as well. Very complimentary of Martial, Memphis, Schweinsteiger, Mata and Smalling. He even defended Valencia, when the goal was all down to his horrendous position whilst marking a player who was a mile offside.

He's both criticized us for playing balls over the top as "thats not how United play" and said how much he loves seeing Schweinsteiger playing balls over the top as it reminds him of Scholes in the space of 20 minutes tonight

He talks utter rubbish constantly. When he said 'I'm very surprised Rooney didn't take the penalty' it just sums up that he doesn't have a clue. If he watched football he would realise Rooney isn't our penalty taker these days.

He's one of those co-commentators who feel they have to say something every time the main commentator isn't talking, I really hate it when they're like that.

He's been very complimentary to United when we don't play the sloooow short game on the half way line, which all of us complain about as well. Very complimentary of Martial, Memphis, Schweinsteiger, Mata and Smalling. He even defended Valencia, when the goal was all down to his horrendous position whilst marking a player who was a mile offside.

As much as you want to Valencia wasn't at blame for the goal it was Blind

He tends to repeat anything the other commentor says just slightly jumbled up, like a particularly mongy parrot.

Awful commentator. That he gets paid for it is an absolute joke.

My main gripe was that he said Memphis should have scored that header after Rooney's miss as if to overcompensate it. No mate, that header was rock hard to score from. The ball was at pace, came practically at him and while he could have done better, getting it down and on target was a fair effort.

Should have called it how it was and not oversold something to protect his mate having missed his easiest chance of the season.

He tends to repeat anything the other commentor says just slightly jumbled up, like a particularly mongy parrot.

Awful commentator. That he gets paid for it is an absolute joke.
:lol: mongy parrot, that's how I'll think of him from now on

We spent 200m this summer. Have I counted it wrong or is Hargreaves wrong?

Complaining that we are playing wingers as fullbacks and that we spent £200 million pounds and havent addressed this.

Forgets Shaw is injured, both Young and Valencia did pretty well in those positions last year and that we already signed a fullback in the summer... not to mention how we havent spent anywhere near £200 million in the summer either.

The bitterness...

He truly knows feck all about football does he?

Blinds fault Young rightly tracked his runner?

Judging by Hargreaves we truely are blessed to be playing a mixture of Brazil 70 and Barcelona 2011.
What a team!!

"I have an opinion on every little thing and I need everyone to know about it.

In my spare time I like to repeat myself an infuriating amount of times, I also enjoy contradicting myself and hating any chance I get.

Oh and I have a silly accent and I love the sound of it"

BT can take all games of Sky,nothing will help them with Owen H and Micheal Owen and their kind... that was ...not sure is there a word to describe it.

The fact none of them felt the need to correct him pissed me off just as much as the mopheaded leper talking about spending 200m in the first place.

Martial is still 19 apparently.
His repetition of that made him sound like a slightly slow Uncle who'd got confused and bought a birthday present in the wrong month.

He has achieved something I thought was impossible, he actually made me miss Michael Owen's commentary.

He doesn't come up for air as he tries to talk loudly and quickly to get his point in at every opportunity, and he keeps bringing up runs and picking up positions as he thinks it makes him sound smart.

Just enjoy the game and take a breath Owen, you massive spazmaloid.

Was gonna start a thread about this. Initially thought he was just incredibly bitter but then it occurred to me, he's talking like a fan. If you scroll through the match-day thread you'll see exactly the same, relentless criticism. He basically spent 75% of his time talking about one side only, focussing mainly on what we're doing wrong. Go to any game at OT and there's always a bunch of blokes in ear-shot spewing a similar monologue about what we're doing wrong and what we need to do better. They criticise because they care. Makes for a really annoying commentary but nothing we're not well used to.

He's a twat - no question about that. Luckily I've started to turn the sound down real low when he's on. Only goes back up when we've done something good and/or scored:D

Was gonna start a thread about this. Initially thought he was just incredibly bitter but then it occurred to me, he's talking like a fan. If you scroll through the match-day thread you'll see exactly the same, relentless criticism. He basically spent 75% of his time talking about one side only, focussing mainly on what we're doing wrong. Go to any game at OT and there's always a bunch of blokes in ear-shot spewing a similar monologue about what we're doing wrong and what we need to do better. They criticise because they care. Makes for a really annoying commentary but nothing we're not well used to.
:lol: I think you might be right.

I thought Hargreaves was ok tonight. If you heard any of Robbie Savage commentating on the City game we should count ourselves lucky.

I think commentators/pundits should always be as neutral as possible in relation to the match.

I really don't mind him to be honest, I'd rather him every game than Michael "I'd have done that different" Owen.

I thought Hargreaves was ok tonight. If you heard any of Robbie Savage commentating on the City game we should count ourselves lucky.

Christ, I didn't watch the City game but just seen the highlights now.. It's sounds something like one of those fifa fanzone vids on youtube. Seriously BT need rid of some of these commentators, far too many and the games on Saturday morning they have like 4/5 butting in, "lets get Glenns opinion" (que Glenn Hoddle) "now over to Howard Webb for that red card.. Howard!?"