Owen Hargreaves - the commentator

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Is he one of BT's key commentators then? He's terrible, possibly the worst I can think of. Much worse than Wilkins. Not very clued in on what's going on in the game, repeats the exact same point dozens of times throughout the game because he can't think of anything else to say and he has a silly accent. Him repeatedly saying exactly the same thing over and over again about Januzaj was oddly reminiscent of him running around in a circle aimlessly half the time he touched the ball for us. He's not even entertainingly bad.

kps88

I liked the part when Darke asked him about Jones and he said "sorry who are we talking about?".

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
We should do a public service and re-sign him, just so he gets off the telly.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
He's fecking boring. His voice annoys me. Although I'm quite sure he fancies Januzaj.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
I liked the part when Darke asked him about Jones and he said "sorry who are we talking about?".
In fairness, didn't Darke suggest he had played with Jones, whilst asking the question?

Anyway, he was awful.

KM

He also looks like Jon Snow.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
I didn't think he was that bad.

A few silly comments but there are far worse co commentators out there

LARulz

Just said "1 great season then had treatment that summer...... thats in the past and you look on but its a great club and fans etc"

Woodzy

"So.... is Januzaj your man of the match Owen?"

"Well Sevilla were the better team in the first half, and Marino, Perroti all ran around a lot, but United stepped up in the second half"

"...ok?"

Leg-End

It's like someone took all of the negative bits of each country he's from and mashed them into a mega boring hybrid commentator.

He's got the English bitterness, the German sense of humour or lack thereof and the Canadian sense of bewilderment, eh.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Thought they fecking killed him at red wedding. Now we've got to put up with him for longer.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
He also looks like Jon Snow.

He looks more like Robb Stark, who is of course Jon Snow's brother, which means the GOT casting people are better at their job than Owen Hargreaves is a playing 90 minutes a season, which isn't very difficult admittedly.

LR7

In fairness, didn't Darke suggest he had played with Jones, whilst asking the question?

Anyway, he was awful.
Darke was just as bad. He got Hargreaves into a rant about Buttner not having a medal even though he did get a medal.

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
I thought he was Dwight Yorke for 30 minutes.

KM

Thought they fecking killed him at red wedding. Now we've got to put up with him for longer.
Already made a GOT reference before you. feck off Cheesy.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
:lol: Same here Jake, couldn't believe it when they showed the commentators at half time!

Sylar

He never talked about Adnans lack of pace or not being athletic enough imo.

marjen

Desperately wants to be like Noodle
I too thought he was Yorke.

But feck me, that was quite the train wreck wasn't it?

I mean, what a fecking feat being the most boring man in the world named Owen, while simultaneously not being Michael Owen.

Timdbro

Darke was just as bad. He got Hargreaves into a rant about Buttner not having a medal even though he did get a medal.

:lol: Makes it sound like Darke was fecking with Hargo's head!

LR7

:lol: Makes it sound like Darke was fecking with Hargo's head!
Well he was the one who said Büttner didn't get a medal. He clearly hadn't done his research because just last week there were several articles with quotes from Büttner talking about his medal.