Ole Gunnar Solskjær | Managerial Watch

Ole better than half of PL coaches :lol:, anyone who cares for their football club wouldnt touch him with a barge pool, if Bermuda triangle was a person, he would be it.

Maybe a club out there just wants the vibesss

You obviously are overrating certain players under LVG like for instance Rooney (who was clearly finished) and Wellback, as well as RVP (who was finished due to injuries). Falcao was also badly injured.

LvG sold Welbeck and Hernandez and chose to loan Falcao instead. He also replaced Jonny Evans with Rojo, then decided to refresh the squad with Schneiderlin, broken Schweinsteiger, Darmian etc.

There was definitely some big issues with the squad that Fergie left behind, and we effectively lost a year with Moyes, but Van Gaal chose to rip out the heart of that team, and I think a lot of the struggles have come from there culturally. It would have been interesting to see what Ten Hag could have done with that team.

They were good enough to run away with the league just 12 months before Van Gaal was appointed.

Van Gaal was the one who was supposed to get the best out of RVP after he was misused by Moyes.
Injuries

LvG sold Welbeck and Hernandez and chose to loan Falcao instead. He also replaced Jonny Evans with Rojo, then decided to refresh the squad with Schneiderlin, broken Schweinsteiger, Darmian etc.

There was definitely some big issues with the squad that Fergie left behind, and we effectively lost a year with Moyes, but Van Gaal chose to rip out the heart of that team, and I think a lot of the struggles have come from there culturally. It would have been interesting to see what Ten Hag could have done with that team.
It needed ripping out. The club chose to skimp on the replacements and only started seriously investing once Jose arrived.

LVG was flawed, but not point pretending the squad was better then, it wasn’t

Time for this man to take a job in Saudi and start buying players like Fred and Bailly for £30m a pop. One last favour for us Ole, come on.

Time for this man to take a job in Saudi and start buying players like Fred and Bailly for £30m a pop. One last favour for us Ole, come on.
Favour? He should take most of his signings and say "Sorry, i was wrong".

Favour? He should take most of his signings and say "Sorry, i was wrong".
I must have short memory. Didn’t know he needlessly spent 50 mil on Fred and also bought the completely useless Bailly.
Well at least we got some money back for Pogba and Sanchez, oh wait …

Only 2 of Ole’s signings would be “old” enough and “not needed at United” so could potentially go to SA - Maguire and Telles.
The others are either too good for SA (Varane) or way too young to go there (AWB, VdB, Amad, Facundo, Sancho).

Edit: Ffs, forgot his best signing Bruno who also would be too good for SA

This man got us 3rd and 2nd + a European cup final with midfield of Fred and McTominey, and a back three of de gea, maguire and lindeloff.

He's better than Saudi Arabia.

I must have short memory. Didn’t know he needlessly spent 50 mil on Fred and also bought the completely useless Bailly.
Well at least we got some money back for Pogba and Sanchez, oh wait …
Flawless strawman there. :lol:

This man got us 3rd and 2nd + a European cup final with midfield of Fred and McTominey, and a back three of de gea, maguire and lindeloff.

He's better than Saudi Arabia.
Depends. Is Norway league (which is his level) better than Saudi league?

Last edited:
You guys are so harsh. What Ole worked out that seems to have eluded other top tier managers like Pep, Klopp and Ancelotti is that the key to football is scoring goals. What most teams fail to do when they are near to an opponent's goal, is to try and then kick the ball into the opponents goal. Ole's genius was seeing that this was the masterstroke being missed by so many top teams. When you are near the goal, you must try and kick the ball into that goal. If you don't try and kick the ball into the goal, you are likely not to score as many goals. Yeah it may seem blinding fecking obvious, but sometimes it takes a great mind to make these simple truths so obviously clear. This is what Ole gave us.

Ole brought Molde to win their league so he shall have decent managerial skill. He might not be a United manager but shall still able to get manager job at any decent Europe club.

You guys are so harsh. What Ole worked out that seems to have eluded other top tier managers like Pep, Klopp and Ancelotti is that the key to football is scoring goals. What most teams fail to do when they are near to an opponent's goal, is to try and then kick the ball into the opponents goal. Ole's genius was seeing that this was the masterstroke being missed by so many top teams. When you are near the goal, you must try and kick the ball into that goal. If you don't try and kick the ball into the goal, you are likely not to score as many goals. Yeah it may seem blinding fecking obvious, but sometimes it takes a great mind to make these simple truths so obviously clear. This is what Ole gave us.
You missed the other crucial part that is oft overlooked by football theologians. He did all of the above whilst at the same time trying to prevent the opposition placing the ball into his own goal. He had men specifically placed on the goal line to prevent this.

He truly was a visionary of his time.

How do any manager applies to any job? I thought they get called or something

Well, many of them (most of them?) have agents,
who you'd expect to be offering their clients to clubs.

I wouldn't be surprised if agents, via their connections or whatnot, know before we peasants do, that club X is considering replacing managers for whatever reasons. And then they can maybe step in and offer the club to consider a manager they otherwise wouldn't have thought of?

It's hard to imagine that managers' agents are only there to negotiate contracts after some club calls the manager.

But yeah, the part about applying for a job is a weird one.
do you send a club that already has a manager a presentation of your ideas as a manager,
and get an email that they've saved it and will get back to you if it was ever relevant?

The disrespect towards Ole really is one of the most disappointing things I've come across in football.

That last minute CL winner landed him the job. And we carried him. It was a nightmare and its over. Still love him but thank god he is gone. The number of top clubs lining up to hire him is telling.

The disrespect towards Ole really is one of the most disappointing things I've come across in football.

Yeah, I find it amusing how people truly believe he only got results here because the amazing players carried him to it while the exact same people have also been keen on excusing ETH for any bad results because he can’t possibly do any better with the bunch of incompetent fools that he has at his disposal.

Yeah, I find it amusing how people truly believe he only got results here because the amazing players carried him to it while the exact same people have also been keen on excusing ETH for any bad results because he can’t possibly do any better with the bunch of incompetent fools that he has at his disposal.

It was even more noticeable under Ralf. The same players who were title challengers under Ole were suddenly relegation standard and we needed to replace them all.

The reality is that Ole did a decent job for us. He is a bit tactically naive for the very top clubs (albeit it was quite funny to see him outwit Pep several times) but he’s clearly able to get a team playing for him and the team he put together with the triple M upfront was the best we’ve looked since Fergie.

Is this thread about posters shitting on him regularly just to take it of their chests?

Yeah many of them display a real cognitive dissonance about it.

Solskjaer is a crap manager and great players and individual performances masked his incompetence.

Also Solskjaer is a crap manager who signed a load of crap players and built a crap squad.