Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
A big half of our mess is created because they're listening to the one we called football god.

So maybe they should stop listening to him and actually run the club according to their business sense.
I think they are scared that should they replace Ole and the new manager struggles or fails to win in a way that satisfies Fergie's boys then they will create a storm in the media and turn fans against them. With Ole they know that fans will never visibly revolt and the legends are kept in line.

The issue is that a new DOF or new manager that comes in will have to be flawless or knives will be pointed at them. But as we know these processes rarely go through as smoothly as expected and this has made the board wary. Just look at how Scholes treated Van Gaal and we weren't getting humiliated weekly by our rivals.

Nonsense. He's not going to walk away from £8m. Why should he? None of us would either.

The club have to make the call. This has gone beyond Ole now.
Yep, it's incompetence from the management to let someone who's shown to the world he's clearly out of his depth, continue because they can't make a decision.

Funnily enough had a very similar issue with a contractor at my work here and they fired him the other day, it's not a slight on the contractor - it's on the hiring manager for bringing him on when he was never good enough and letting him stink the place up for so long before acting.

Yeah i would listen to Pep talk about football snd tactics but certainly not Ruud Gullit who doesn’t know a thing:lol:
I mean about united and Alex Ferguson apparently being the only one keeping Ole in a job. Find it hard to believe he has any sources and he’s probably just guessing.

Bruno Fernandes is among the senior players who feel they are not getting enough direction from Solskjær and his coaching staff #mufc #mujournal

-Go out there and enjoy yourself, my son.

- Could I have a little more direction boss?

- Play like a proper hurt animal.

- Yes, but what about tactics?

- Don't get up too soon. Take the standing eight count if you can.

- Uh...what?

Everyone keeps on saying 'with the squad we have'... just because you spend a lot of money on a player doesn't mean he's good.

Our whole midfield has been a joke this season, including Fernandes.

Ronaldo is the only top player at our club at the moment.

Maguire is shocking.
Rashford is the most inconsistent player
Martial sucks
Cavani is injury prone
Sancho can't play in the PL
Fred makes too many mistakes
Pogba has completely lost it
Fernandes since his first season has dropped massively in performance
Greenwood is a prospect.
Shaw has gone back to his own ways

I would get rid of 7 out of the top 10 players and start a rebuild
You realise everyone looks worse than they are when the team is performing like shit? Remember Chelsea with Lampard? They were shite, just like we are now. I don't think I need to explain how getting a good manager improves things drastically.

Bruno Fernandes is among the senior players who feel they are not getting enough direction from Solskjær and his coaching staff #mufc #mujournal

- Uh...what?

”Frontfoot, fast-flowing football, with the X-factor”. Some of the stuff Ole and Woodward have come out with over the last couple of years have been absolute cringe. They’d have you believe it’s been attacking football, when at best it’s been decent old-school counter attacks.

- Uh...what?

I normally have a right cringe at these made up conversation attempts, but the last 2 lines made me spit out my coffee, well played.

I remember when Ole started, our defence was our attack. Every game we just fecking went for them. Attacked like crazy. Now every season we become more and more defensive. And we defend so much without even attacking now. Waiting for the oppo to make a mistake. That’s not tactics, just relying on luck most of the time. Or Ronaldo and De Gea to save us every game.

Yeah sort of agree.

We did have a style of play, a clear way of playing.

But about a year ago it started going wrong and since then Ole has been twisting himself in knots to try and find a solution. He's tried this and that snd none of its working. He looks and sounds confused now.

Everyone keeps on saying 'with the squad we have'... just because you spend a lot of money on a player doesn't mean he's good.

Our whole midfield has been a joke this season, including Fernandes.

Ronaldo is the only top player at our club at the moment.

Maguire is shocking.
Rashford is the most inconsistent player
Martial sucks
Cavani is injury prone
Sancho can't play in the PL
Fred makes too many mistakes
Pogba has completely lost it
Fernandes since his first season has dropped massively in performance
Greenwood is a prospect.
Shaw has gone back to his own ways

I would get rid of 7 out of the top 10 players and start a rebuild

Thank god you're not the next manager.

Nonsense. He's not going to walk away from £8m. Why should he? None of us would either.

The club have to make the call. This has gone beyond Ole now.
If that’s the case, he is dragging us down for money, sure he will loss my respect, no?

How can someone that has managed a team everyday for 3 years, spends £450 million on players and still not have a clue what his best 11 is? Staggering.

The players absolutely need to take more accountability, but it's now gotten to the stage where the players are now not only mystified about what formation we'll be trying to implement from one game to the next, but from one half of football to the other. They're probably dreading coming back from international duty to see what sort of Hocus Pocus he's conjured up in the meantime.

There isn't another manager operating at a top club that is so indecisive with his decisions and it's not sustainable.

With this in mind, how much patience will match going fans have? At the moment the support is there for the club, does anyone think there will be more boos and chants directed at Ole in the coming weeks?

If the owners keep running and treating the club like dogshite then in 10 years time no one will give two fecks about Manchester United. Loyal supporters like us will have the club in our hearts till death but I seriously doubt anyone will follow them with an interest. Not even about winning titles at this point just hiring the best organisation we can for a club of this magnitude but the owners dont give a rats arse about anything except putting up shares on the stock market.

Reaching that all too depressing point where it's just hard to care anymore. Remember getting there with Jose and LvG - although the latter did manage to rekindle interest in his final season, despite the tumescent football.

What's shite though is the inevitable wrong replacement that will be brought in when Ole is finally given the boot, and that we will be here again in a season or two. That's our new cycle it seems.

:lol:

Hammered by the press, hammered on social media and players starting to come out complaining yet he keeps his job.

What should have been a very exciting season given our summer has turned into a joke at the start of November. The season is already a write off.

Hammered by the press, hammered on social media and players starting to come out complaining yet he keeps his job.

What should have been a very exciting season given our summer has turned into a joke at the start of November. The season is already a write off.

Dont forget hammered on the field...

I think it's complete bullshit when people say no matter how bad it gets it won't tarnish his status as a club legend. Of course it will, it's doing exactly that already.

your respect for him doesn't worth 8m though.
Not saying it worths, but getting rich by dragging us down doesn’t necessarily earns respect from people and retain legendary status. Trump is a rich man too, you know.

Reaching that all too depressing point where it's just hard to care anymore. Remember getting there with Jose and LvG - although the latter did manage to rekindle interest in his final season, despite the tumescent football.

What's shite though is the inevitable wrong replacement that will be brought in when Ole is finally given the boot, and that we will be here again in a season or two. That's our new cycle it seems.
Same here, my enthusiasm has completely gone.

I didn't even really care that we lost against City. I won't get excited if we beat Watford either as we will only mess it up again at some point.

Seeing others like Farke and Dean Smith get sacked before Ole just shows how gutless our board is. They probably want to wait until we reach a point in his contract that he can be sacked for a bit less money. Save £4m quid or something but throw away the whole season instead.

They're probably hoping the form will magically turn itself around. Realistically though we've been riding our luck for a year.

Fair play to him, he's living the dream.

Imagine being able to be so wank at your job, and yet have full immunity... Us meer mortals could only dream of such a thing.

I think it's complete bullshit when people say no matter how bad it gets it won't tarnish his status as a club legend. Of course it will, it's doing exactly that already.

I hate how its involuntarily making me hate him for how bad of a manager he is, how, as a club legend, he won't walk away when it's clear as day he's becoming a detriment to the club in the position now

I'm not sure we've been in this position before where the non-united media and former players of rival clubs are getting frustrated and willing the board to make the right call and change the manager, saying that this isn't up to the standards of Man Utd.

Amazing that everyone knows he's out of his depth, every single journalist, opposition teams, the club's supporters, even the murmurs from inside the dressing room leaking out. Such a completely untenable position.

I might get my wish now, that it all starts turning on the Glazers and their henchmen until this company is restored to a football club.

SAFs pet and Woodward's final pick. Nobody wants egg on their face it seems.

Remember when we paraded Varane at Old Trafford and beat Leeds 5-1 in the opener and then signed Ronaldo to finish the transfer window? Those were good times

I can’t stand the sight of Solskjaer anymore. Every time I see him I just fill with rage, I need a break man this club isn’t good for you.
Exactly. Everytime I see him smiling I feel like breaking something :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.