Noussair Mazraoui | has signed for United

Status
Not open for further replies.
Irresponsible signing if true. Nobody at the club has pointed out our dire history with injury prone players?

Wasn't Hakimi the genius who, when his wife tried to divorce him and take half his money, she didn't get a penny because all of his income from football went to his mum's account? :lol:

4a5001b7beea096457f480c8808572428b-09-roll-safe.2x.h473.w710.jpg

That was a fake story, actually.

Irresponsible signing if true. Nobody at the club has pointed out our dire history with injury prone players?

Yeah surely the club can see issues there, mind you won't be starter so maybe that's another reason we aren't targeting Vanderson

Last edited:
According to transfermarkt, since 20/21 season he has had 16 injuries, missed 331 days and 73 games.

On ability alone he is quite good but too injured and even with low~ish fee of €20m it's still not a good option, we got unlucky with Malacia knee issues but at least his injury record was fine prior to signing him, we know Mazraoui's injury record isnt good so we should avoid him.

I'd rather we get a young RB, someone between 20-23, to provide cover and competition to Dalot.

He needs to be available when others are injured and you can get injured in training as easily as a game. His injury record says prone

According to transfermarkt, since 20/21 season he has had 16 injuries, missed 331 days and 73 games.

He’s a walking bandage

He needs a damn ambulance besides him

On ability alone he is quite good but too injured and even with low~ish fee of €20m it's still not a good option, we got unlucky with Malacia knee issues but at least his injury record was fine prior to signing him, we know Mazraoui's injury record isnt good so we should avoid him.

I'd rather we get a young RB, someone between 20-23, to provide cover and competition to Dalot.

That doesn’t make it right for us to sign an injury prone player at fullback where our 2 left backs missed the whole of last season
What qualification do you guys have in order to assess someone’s injury-proneness? Do you just read injury listings on transfermarkt, or do you have medical degrees? Because I know we have professional medics and physios with lots of experience assessing football injuries, and the lista on transfermarkt I’m sure is the uttermost basic stuff for them.

Are
They gone say - no, he’s no more i jury prone rhan the next man, and you’re gonna say ‘what do you know, I’ve red transfermarkt and I say he’s i jury prone.

We should be asking questions about why he picked up so many injuries last season. I would then expect us to walk away if we don't like the answers

He needs to be available when others are injured and you can get injured in training as easily as a game. His injury record says prone

His record doesnt say prone, he has had injuries but there are gaps of 6 or 7 months between a few of them so as I said injury prone is an over-statement.

What qualification do you guys have in order to assess someone’s injury-proneness? Do you just read injury listings on transfermarkt, or do you have medical degrees? Because I know we have professional medics and physios with lots of experience assessing football injuries, and the lista on transfermarkt I’m sure is the uttermost basic stuff for them.

Are
They gone say - no, he’s no more i jury prone rhan the next man, and you’re gonna say ‘what do you know, I’ve red transfermarkt and I say he’s i jury prone.
It's called inductive reasoning. I have no qualifications as an astronomer, but I know that the sun will probably come up tomorrow morning because it has done so for a number of consecutive mornings.

It is perfectly fair and reasonable to see a danger in signing a player who has missed 2-6 months of every season for the last half a decade.

Mazraoui is a good player, and the whole reason that he'll cost so little is that the people with access to more than just lists know that he is a player with frequent injury concerns. They may even feel the lower price is worth the risk. And others may disagree with that assessment in light of our problems in similar circumstances and off the back of last season. No medical degree is required to have an opinion based on available facts.

If Dalot continue the trajectory he has been on since the Ragnick spell, he'll be our rb for the long term. A cheap back up who can also cover left back would do for now.
In the long run (probably next summer) the club would need to go get a proper left back, so that means selling either Shaw or Malacia.

If Dalot continue the trajectory he has been on since the Ragnick spell, he'll be our rb for the long term. A cheap back up who can also cover left back would do for now.
In the long run (probably next summer) the club would need to go get a proper left back, so that means selling either Shaw or Malacia.

Swap Malacia for Kadioglu

He seems to be the redcafe dream signing this window but I don't think he's high on the club list if he is at all.

Yeah probably because Mourinho has told him he's a key part of his plans unfortunately

Are

You're right in the sense that if we go on and buy him, Ineos and the medical department will probably be confident they can fix him...but just on the information available on this issue, he does seem a bit injury prone.

Are
You only have to look at his tweets injury record compared to say Dumfries or Vanderson. What’s the point buying someone who will probably not be available half the time due to injuries

It's called inductive reasoning. I have no qualifications as an astronomer, but I know that the sun will probably come up tomorrow morning because it has done so for a number of consecutive mornings.

It is perfectly fair and reasonable to see a danger in signing a player who has missed 2-6 months of every season for the last half a decade.

Mazraoui is a good player, and the whole reason that he'll cost so little is that the people with access to more than just lists know that he is a player with frequent injury concerns. They may even feel the lower price is worth the risk. And others may disagree with that assessment in light of our problems in similar circumstances and off the back of last season. No medical degree is required to have an opinion based on available facts.
Well said.

I couldn't have given a better response than this to @Grande

Exactly it’s common sense and is all there in his injury records to see

Status
Not open for further replies.