Nordic Ghost Yeti (Scandi Carroll) | Haaland at City

I don’t think they miss the extra technical false 9 with him playing, they already have so many technical players that actually having Haaland as foil works well and does strentghen them and adds a new dimention. They will walk the league.

This is exactly how I see it. I get that his presence frightens sides and causes spaces elsewhere, but if he doesn't score then I find it tricky to appreciate what he offers.

I guess the 2nd half chance where de Bruyne played him through but he was unable to put it past Pope is something to think about there. Because 99 of 100 times in the PL, the striker doesn't even get anywhere near the ball to finish in that sequence. That combination of pace and power is unique. Fabian Schär tries to squeeze him off the ball after being outrun, and he just bounces off his shoulder. Every CB in the PL will have been watching that and will have a good think about it. You don't think already that offers something?

His acceleration for a big guy is simply incredible, think he will score a few with KDB feeding him those through balls.

Mbappe lacks the attitude and humbleness to be potentially considered an all timer.

Bloody hell. That's embarrassing. You can understand the disappointment, but you'd still expect any forward to continue moving towards the box.

This is exactly how I see it. I get that his presence frightens sides and causes spaces elsewhere, but if he doesn't score then I find it tricky to appreciate what he offers.

But… he IS scoring though.

He’s not the finisher that Ruud was. But he’ll probably match his output. If he does, City walk the league for the entire time he plays there.

His finishing has been crap by his standards so far.

It actually has. Id expect it to improve but he really is missing more sitters than he has in the past. It started in the latter half of last season for Dortmund

Think that game is what most expected.

He doesn’t naturally fit with City and Pep. He's the odd one out in that team.

But he still scored and nearly had another.

De Bruyne slipping passes down the sides of CB's for him to run onto it very difficult to stop. You need your keeper on his toes for that.

He's full of himself but many all time greats were.

His attitudes is definitely concerned but he certainly has potential.

if a club basically treats you like PSG treat him, can you blaime him for having a ego. He’s being treated like and acting like he is bigger than the club.

Mbappe lacks the attitude and humbleness to be potentially considered an all timer.

As opposed to this, Haaland went directly for the ball and ran it back to the centerhalf for kickoff, goal celebration be damned.

Mbappe signed a monstercontract to be the man in PSG, and is stuck being the third man behind Messi and now even Neymar.

The desperation to try and talk down his abilities is just odd and I think it’ll leave people looking rather silly come the end of the season.

if a club basically treats you like PSG treat him, can you blaime him for having a ego. He’s being treated like and acting like he is bigger than the club.
I know it was further down his career but barca did the same to Messi and he never became this insufferable.

And?

I never said his stats aren't great, if you are juding players only by their stats Ronaldo is still one of best players in the world, and we can be sure that Haaland will probably one of best of all times anyway. That's not even the point, I literally said in my initial point that he will score tons of goals.

And my point was that none of them have done anything special at international or CL level in a way that Haaland has. It doesn’t matter if he’s playing for City, Dortmund, Norway or Salzburg. It doesn’t matter if it’s the Bundesliga, PL, CL or otherwise, he’s hitting the same level in what he does best which is goals. It’s baffling that you continuously want to downplay his trajectory and talent.

but he really isn't some great talent many hyped him to be for years. I'd say he will be around Tevez level at best for them, which is still good, but nowhere near someone like Aguero.
Christ…. What a stuppid comment! He is allready now the best nr.9 in the league, in my opinion, and he also had some wow-moments in the game today. I’m not even sure Aguero was much better at his best.

And my point was that none of them have done anything special at international or CL level in a way that Haaland has. It doesn’t matter if he’s playing for City, Dortmund, Norway or Salzburg. It doesn’t matter if it’s the Bundesliga, PL, CL or otherwise, he’s hitting the same level in what he does best which is goals. It’s baffling that you continuously want to downplay his trajectory and talent.

And where did I do that?

At what level do you see him in few years, better than someone like Suarez, Lewandowski, Aguero?

Christ…. What a stuppid comment! He is allready now the best nr.9 in the league, in my opinion, and he also had some wow-moments in the game today. I’m not even sure Aguero was much better at his best.

Talking about stupid comments.

And where did I do that?

At what level do you see him in few years, better than someone like Suarez, Lewandowski, Aguero?

you said he isn’t some great talent and would be nowhere near Aguero. His trajectory very much puts him in Aguero territory and it would be surprising if he didn’t achieve that level.

you said he isn’t some great talent and would be nowhere near Aguero. His trajectory very much puts him in Aguero territory and it would be surprising if he didn’t achieve that level.

He is still not at Aguero's level. Aguero would win games in La Liga and Premier league on his own for almost a decade, and we are yet to see that here, too early for Haaland of course.

I guess we'll hopefully quote each other in two or three years to see how he compares with Aguero, and whether he's won Ballon d'Or as many here expected that from him.

As opposed to this, Haaland went directly for the ball and ran it back to the centerhalf for kickoff, goal celebration be damned.

Mbappe signed a monstercontract to be the man in PSG, and is stuck being the third man behind Messi and now even Neymar.
You didn't pay much attention to last season, did you?

This whole media campaign to smear Mbappe is to be expected, the only thing they love more than building someone up like they did with him is tear him down, but Mbappe is not this egomaniac people are trying to paint him out to be, and he's only going to keep improving and be the best player in the world.

You didn't pay much attention to last season, did you?

This whole media campaign to smear Mbappe is to be expected, the only thing they love more than building someone up like they did with him is tear him down, but Mbappe is not this egomaniac people are trying to paint him out to be, and he's only going to keep improving and be the best player in the world.

I was commenting on this incident in particular. That Mbappe and Neymar dislike each other isnt excactly a secret.

I was commenting on this incident in particular. That Mbappe and Neymar dislike each other isnt excactly a secret.

It's not a secret, it's just media fabrications. They might not be as buddy-buddy as they were, but they don't dislike each other, that's just not true.

He will probably score lot of goals for City, and might generally win things with them too, but he really isn't some great talent many hyped him to be for years. I'd say he will be around Tevez level at best for them, which is still good, but nowhere near someone like Aguero.
He is rather one dimensional but those runs are so threatening, noone is going to be able to deal with him physically if the balls are played. That is the key issue though, City are going to have be more direct and sacrifice some control to get the best out of him.
He looked like R9 in Germany. there was talk about comparing them. RVN was better and prime Rooney

It’s impossible for Haaland to compete in the consistency category together with example Aguero.

The funny thing is that nobody talk down example Benzema because of his even worse link-up play and terrible first touch. Benzema is a killer inside the box and that’s it, and people don’t ask for more.

Benzema, Kane, Lew and Haaland are the best strikers in the world, and they are all pretty much on the same level with different extreme qualities.

We’ll likely never experience a Benzema, Kane, Haaland or Lew kind of player with Messi or Neymar technique or qualities in the buildup play or visa versus.

If City wanted someone who just fitted into Peps system exactly the same as before, they would just have kept Jesus.
Unfortunately for the rest of us, he will be the X factor they didnt have.
He has scored 3 in 3 without playing well. He isnt there to play a tiki taka false 9, he is there to score goals and he will score a load.

It’s impossible for Haaland to compete in the consistency category together with example Aguero.

The funny thing is that nobody talk down example Benzema because of his even worse link-up play and terrible first touch. Benzema is a killer inside the box and that’s it, and people don’t ask for more.

Benzema, Kane, Lew and Haaland are the best strikers in the world, and they are all pretty much on the same level with different extreme qualities.

We’ll likely never experience a Benzema, Kane, Haaland or Lew kind of player with Messi or Neymar technique or qualities in the buildup play or visa versus.

???

???

Sweet jesus :wenger:

If City wanted someone who just fitted into Peps system exactly the same as before, they would just have kept Jesus.
Unfortunately for the rest of us, he will be the X factor they didnt have.
He has scored 3 in 3 without playing well. He isnt there to play a tiki taka false 9, he is there to score goals and he will score a load.

Not even sure they bought him for Pep, as i dont think he will be there for too long. He is a club signing. But a world class striker is always welcome for Pep as well.

I have to assume you named the wrong person there, because that's about the worst example out of all the names you listed for that description.

Someone has never watched Benzema. Of all the strikers you could use for that example Benzema is literally the worst you could have picked.

Nice bait :lol:

He's looked broadly great to me, everything anyone should have expected to see, good and bad (much more good).

Looked absolutely rinsed for the last 20 though.

Pep Guardiola: "I'll tell you now that when we have games every three days, Erling [Haaland] is not going to play [every game]. Julian [Alvarez] is going to play..." [via @SamLee ]

To say the least. 90m salary - more than the entire payroll of clubs like AC Milan or Napoli. And, reputedly, an actual say in major club decisions. Which no player should ever, ever have.