Nordic Ghost Yeti (Scandi Carroll) | Haaland at City

Is that the first game in his career that he’s failed to register a shot on target?

He was invisible today.

imagine City not winning the title this year or next year. he could be 25 before he wins his first league title in major league. it wouldn't be the end of the world, but after such start to the season it would be funny if he ended up now winning much in the end.

Miles off it last couple of games. But not just him the entire attack.

There's going to be a lot of hot takes flying around regarding him now but for me his form has dropped because City's has. He's incredibly reliant on service and City collectively have been terrible since the World Cup. Nothing more to it than that.

I kind of agree with that. I was thinking about the idea of a Vardy on steroids, you know what the limitations are but the strengths are extremely enticing. As long as he gets decent service, he will score a lot of goals.

The least involved I've seen him be this season.

Spurs up next so if he has to find form against someone, let it be them I guess.

Ole + Ronaldo 2021/22 with a better support cast

It's like RVN part 2. How many trophies did Man Utd win when he was with them, even though he was scoring so many goals.

He's a phenomenal goal striker, but honestly I think those who are saying he makes City look worse may be onto something

He'll never be in Mbappe's league. Kylian produces goals out of nothing and wins games by himself.

He can score 50 goals this season but he doesn't even make the top 5 PL strikers of all time for me.

I've said before that the interesting thing about the comparison between the two is that Mbappe has played in so many more big games at this stage in their careers. Haaland is gonna have the opportunity to play in a lot more now he is at City and we will see if he produces like Mbappe has already done.

His link-up play is actually good but he isn't interested enough to get involved away from the box.

In hindsight, thank god City didn't get Kane. Haaland is lethal, but he just can't produce magic on his own. He'd elevate us much more than he has City.

imagine City not winning the title this year or next year. he could be 25 before he wins his first league title in major league. it wouldn't be the end of the world, but after such start to the season it would be funny if he ended up now winning much in the end.

To be fair, Mbappe has yet to win one too. I don't really consider winning the league with PSG something impressive. Mbappe has the WC but Haaland would have too if he was French.

It's obvious they reduced dimensionality in their attack after he came.

Because he's a great focal point. Last season City had no striker, of course they had to spread the load.

He has nothing to do with the dropped form from B Silva, De Bruyne... When the team is on song he is a plus not a negative to their side.

Wouldn't surprise me if they win the CL and lose out in the league. Winning both is not easy.
We've done it twice :D

But yeah if they get few more bad results on their hands I think they'll put all their focus on the cl.

He's a phenomenal goal striker, but honestly I think those who are saying he makes City look worse may be onto something
They aren't at all. Look at how bad their CBs are in terms of passing from the back, their midfield isn't as dominating as before. Ederson makes more and more mistakes. I don't see how all those things are attributed to him.
A single player cannot negatively impact that many aspects of a team

Because he's a great focal point.

He has nothing to do with the dropped form from B Silva, De Bruyne... When the team is on song he is a plus not a negative to their side.
When they smashed Chelsea without him they genuinely looked much more threatening.

He's an incredible poacher and that's it. He has nothing else in his repertoire. Whenever great chances aren't being handed to him, his team plays with ten men. That'll keep him from reaching the heights of Ronaldo and Messi, unless he develops.

I feel dirty every time I come in this thread and have to defend this lad. I'm going to keep schtum this time.

I wonder if there’s any possibility of Guardiola selling Haaland in the summer à la how he bombed Ibrahimovic out of Barcelona after a single season? Ibrahimovic wasn’t playing poorly individually but his mere presence arguably made Barcelona play less cohesively than they were otherwise capable of.

I think there’s certainly an argument that the same exists here with Haaland, a gifted goalscorer but not somebody who helps this City team play in a way that we’re accustomed to seeing.

In hindsight, thank god City didn't get Kane. Haaland is lethal, but he just can't produce magic on his own. He'd elevate us much more than he has City.
Yeah, Kane is actually an excellent playmaker when he drops deep.

To be fair, Mbappe has yet to win one too. I don't really consider winning the league with PSG something impressive. Mbappe has the WC but Haaland would have too if he was French.

he won it with Monaco - against PSG.

Also :lol: at the thread title. When you get pocketed by this guy playing out of position...

PAY-EXCLUSIVE-Luke-Shaw-friends-and-girfriend-Ibiza.jpg

It’s crazy he can be so prolific but also so anonymous. Kane would have been much better signing for them, Haaland has obviously added something different to City but they’ve sacrificed a fair bit as well.

For all the goals, he hasn’t made them better. Whether it’s due to him or not, they’re worse.