Non-televised academy matches | U21s: United vs Hertha | Tue 1 Oct

Ibragimov scored a hat-trick and provided two assists.

Also might have been 5-2 and not 6. Not entirely sure yet.

Last edited:
U17s came from 2-0 down to beat Liverpool 6-2 away from home in the Premier League Cup.

We have thoroughly battered Liverpool recently; long may it continue. :lol:

Good to see Amir starting strong this season.

Very frustrating that it's not on tonight when there's no reason preventing it. And the Arsenal and City channels are showing their U21 games tonight.

The football on TV site even lists Tottenham U21 as being on Tomorrow lunchtime - though that seems strange as their U18's are also listed as being on at the same time, and the U21 game also clashes with the lunchtime PL match so I'd have thought they couldn't show it?

Either way, really annoying MUTV are yet again ignoring the U21's game. They definitely seem to have decided that out of the Men's, Women's and Academy coverage, it's the U21's that's going to take the biggest hit of the cost cutting.

Very frustrating that it's not on tonight when there's no reason preventing it. And the Arsenal and City channels are showing their U21 games tonight.

The football on TV site even lists Tottenham U21 as being on Tomorrow lunchtime - though that seems strange as their U18's are also listed as being on at the same time, and the U21 game also clashes with the lunchtime PL match so I'd have thought they couldn't show it?

Either way, really annoying MUTV are yet again ignoring the U21's game. They definitely seem to have decided that out of the Men's, Women's and Academy coverage, it's the U21's that's going to take the biggest hit of the cost cutting.
I’ll have to check the numbers but I think home vs away may also come into it.

It’s all about cutting costs so they clearly couldn’t be bothered to pay anyone to travel to Norwich to cover the match. The recent u18s highlights in Newcastle and Boro have been tactical cams not real footage so we also didn’t send anyone there. The u18s tomorrow are at Carrington where the set up is already there. So I’d hazard a guess away matches have been completely cut for both u18s and u21s likely.

It’s also pretty pathetic that since they know the type of feedback they’ll receive in the replies/comments regarding not showing the match, they seem to act as if the match doesn’t exist.

Just browsed through some PL2 previews from Championship clubs. We haven’t even had one tweet acknowledging the fact that our U21s play tonight.

Starting XI:

Graczyk

Kamason
Jackson
Fredricson
Amass

McAllister
Gore

Sharpe
Curley
Williams

Ennis

Subs: Moorhouse, Wheatley, Missin, Kingdon (and maybe Rowe)

Last edited:
I think it's time we promote Biancheri permanently to u21s. This team could do with a striker today. Also Wheatley to be with the first team tomorrow?

I think it's time we promote Biancheri permanently to u21s. This team could do with a striker today. Also Wheatley to be with the first team tomorrow?

Wheatley has apparently been pretty poor recently so he’s rightly been dropped. Obi will be available soon too.

Wheatley has apparently been pretty poor recently so he’s rightly been dropped. Obi will be available soon too.

Well all the more reason for Biancheri to be promoted permanently to u21s.

Ah, missed the fact that Wheatley was on the bench.

Well all the more reason for Biancheri to be promoted permanently to u21s.

Ah, missed the fact that Wheatley was on the bench.

It could also be Chido who absolutely dominated the U18s PL last season in the U21s before Biancheri.

Speaking of players being too good for the level they’re currently playing at, Amass really needs bigger challenges soon.

I'm quite alright with how Norwich are doing this.. MUTV don't even need to do any pre-match or commentary or half time analysis at all. Just give us the game if it's possible.

I'm quite alright with how Norwich are doing this.. MUTV don't even need to do any pre-match or commentary or half time analysis at all. Just give us the game if it's possible.

I agree. If it’s about costs, just stream the games with a few cameras.