Non-televised academy matches | U21s: MCR derby | U18s: Boro vs United | Sat 21 Sep

HT 0-0

Based on the stats (google) the hosts have been on top.

Shots 11 - 4
On target 4 - 2
Possession 65 - 35
Free kicks 9 - 3
Corners 5 - 0

0-0 at half-time - very strange half where there were quite a few opportunities for either team to score, but both teams with poor finishing and poor decision-making in the box.

United should probably have had a penalty. And in addition Tyler Fletcher twice and Biancheri both should have done better in good posititons. Fletcher twice tried to curl the ball around the City-goalie but failed to get pace or curl on the ball. Biancheri was set up nicely but finished weakly with his left foot wide of goal.That really should have been a goal.

The majority of City's chance were created by us - Kamason, Armer and Devaney all making big mistakes. And Murdoch had a super save to stop Finleys unmarked header from 6 yards out. Especially Kamason worries me - he is good going forward but makes a lot of strange decision defensively.

Our best players .. Devaney has been good, Mantato is dangerous when he gets the ball - but Murdoch and Kukonki our best players. Kukonki is a beast at corners - and very good with the ball at his feet. 0-0 probably a fair result at half time

HT 0-0

Based on the stats (google) the hosts have been on top.

Shots 11 - 4
On target 4 - 2
Possession 65 - 35
Free kicks 9 - 3
Corners 5 - 0

City had more half-chances - but in terms of big chances it was 2-2

Huge chance for United after 48 mins - Mantato with a low cross and Scanlon hammers it over the crossbar at the far post.

1-0 United Biancheri(50). Mantato storms forward - sets ut Fletcher on the right. Low cross and Biancheri puts it home from close range

Lots of screaming from the United-bench to put pressure on City. That appears to be Baumanns job

I can say already now - these will be the best 2 teams in the league. Some serious quality here

Kamason done much better defensively in the first 15 minutes in the second half.

Mantato scores. Baumann founds a pocket on the left side ...cuts the ball back and Mantato puts it home (60). Been all United in the second half

Have to give credit to Murdoch - he has been rock solid all game

Big chance for Warhurst after Kukonki makes a huge mistake. Murdoch saves again

City coming closer again - Warhurst heads wide unmarked. Armer and Fitzgerald are not convincing on crosses

Have to give credit to Murdoch - he has been rock solid all game

He reminds me a lot of Tom Myles. Both really good shot stoppers, decent on the ball but just lack the height to be considered high-level prospects.

When we have the players behind the ball and defend - we are solid. But when we play out from the back we give away a lot of chances. Kukonki been the main culprit after the break

He reminds me a lot of Tom Myles. Both really good shot stoppers, decent on the ball but just lack the height to be considered high-level prospects.
he has done really well on crosses as well in this game

2 classic P.L-names departing for City - Warhurst and Heskey. Both should have scored in this game

Harrison Parker who used to play for us has been good for City

Devaney spraying the ball around like I have never seen from him before. Some good long-range passing

Almsost another goal. Mantato sets up Biancheri but keeper saves with his leg

Not sure I think it was smart by City to sub Warhurst and Heskey - they were the most dangerous City-players. But I am not complaining

Thwaites should have scored. Dragged his shot wide after beeing teed up by Baumann.

Summary when a City-player is down (75 minutes) . Baumann, Devaney and Kamason been really good after the break. Devaney probably MOTM. We are by far the better side now - and it will be dissappointing if we don't win this.

Scanlon subbed. One of the more anonymous-players for us...works hard, but seemed to struggle on the left. Didn't see who came one for him

Murdoch is lucky to escape the red...outside the box and takes the attacker down. Gets a yellow. Freekick is not dangerous and United get the ball back

Scanlon subbed. One of the more anonymous-players for us...works hard, but seemed to struggle on the left. Didn't see who came one for him
Hoping the fiasco of playing RB in preseason and the grief armchair fans gave him hasn't damaged his confidence.

We have every man behind the ball now - but City create very little

Hoping the fiasco of playing RB in preseason and the grief armchair fans gave him hasn't damaged his confidence.

Nah - he gets into positions but doesn't trust his left foot to cross. He would look sharper on the right

Plunkett on for Kukonki

Despite being wrongly accused of being pro Man City, if you look back I think you will find I called we would be much better than them this season. Last season both us and them had great groups, this year I think they could struggle.

Rumours for past few years is that their academy standards been slipping over the past 4/5 years relying on buying in rather than developing home grown from young ages. They have lost top coaches, recruiters while we have been busy sorting our shit out.

You can see we have stability now, whilst they are changing hierarchy, paying silly money for kids. The academy tide from a winning perspective appears to be turning

Fitzgerald on the ball has been HUGELY impressive. He is so composed on the ball