Gaming Nintendo Switch

My lad's bought this and he loves it. But I can't see what fuss is about. Still think 2D mario looks better pixelated.

Last edited:
What are some of the best games for 3/4 people to play? I'm thinking Overcooked, Mario Party/Kart, but anything else?

Yup a great game with my 5 year old. 3D world one of my favourite Mario's as it was great to play with him. He's loving Wonder. He wasn't a huge fan of Mario Deluxe (probably a bit too difficult).

Looking to 100% finish Wonder. Spoilers for the end game.

The last level after getting everything else is crazy. It looks like you're going to have to use every badge to finish the level. Received my first game over. I must have died at least 40 times. This one is going to take a while.

So I finally stumped up for the Nintendo Switch Online + Expansion Pack.

What can I look forward to the most?? I only really bought it for my son to stop whinging about Minecraft but now i want to use it

What can I look forward to the most?? I only really bought it for my son to stop whinging about Minecraft but now i want to use it
There's quite a lot of value in the Mario Kart additional content if you didn't already purchase that.

Otherwise, it's mostly just old school Nintendo games from older consoles. I haven't used it a great deal, but I have been playing the original Paper Mario on the N64. Great game.

If you are into Mario and Zelda they have some absolute classics on the virtual consoles (e.g. Majora’s Mask, Ocarina of time, Super Mario Bros 2 etc.) plus some other greats (I don’t play these myself but I know they were quite popular in its time) such as Goldeneye 007 and Excitebike 64

Finally beat Wonder 100%!

The auto bounce and invisible sections of the last level are bullshit. I must have spent around 3 hours playing this level. Bloody celebrated when I made it to the flag!

I loved the game. I hope we get more Wonder games.

Last edited:
If you are into Mario and Zelda they have some absolute classics on the virtual consoles (e.g. Majora’s Mask, Ocarina of time, Super Mario Bros 2 etc.) plus some other greats (I don’t play these myself but I know they were quite popular in its time) such as Goldeneye 007 and Excitebike 64

Earthbound is quite awesome too and I’d recommend playing the old Metroid games too.

I bought a cheap third Joycon from CEX. How do I sync it with the controller? I tried holding down that little button but nothing happened so I'm assuming it needs a charge.

Also how do you keep more than 2 joycons charged? Surely the battery just slowly runs down? When I set my switch up earlier the whole thing was dead.

Was really looking forward to the physical release of Metal Gear Solid Master Collection 1 for the Switch.
Basically it's a big fat cashgrab with no improvements to the ports AND 95% of the content needs to be downloaded. So no thank you Konami. You can keep the plastic cover and that empty cartridge.

Can anyone recommend a good football game on the switch? Mainly for a 7 year old. No management or tactics, just raw game play, ideally with real-life players’ names.
Thanky!

Can anyone recommend a good football game on the switch? Mainly for a 7 year old. No management or tactics, just raw game play, ideally with real-life players’ names.
Thanky!
Mario Strikers

Thanky!
You can get the new EA Sports FC 24 game (basically FIFA under a new name) on Switch. It's a slightly watered down version of what you get on PlayStation/Xbox but it'll be fine to play, especially for a kid. Will probably set you back about 45 quid.

You can get the new EA Sports FC 24 game (basically FIFA under a new name) on Switch. It's a slightly watered down version of what you get on PlayStation/Xbox but it'll be fine to play, especially for a kid. Will probably set you back about 45 quid.

Thanks mate. In my head I’m looking for something similar to Pro Evo, that I used to play years ago. This looks about right.

Mario Strikers

Do not get this game. I repeat, do NOT get this game. the AI spams supershots even on normal mode (I believe there is no easy mode) and the supershots animations are very tedious.

The game is too dark, you can't see anything on your screen, the items you can use ingame are very annoying. The controls are bad, it's almost impossible to score because the computer's keeper is like prime Buffon, whereas your keeper is like Taibi.

My biggest gripe about the game is there is no career mode and there's nothing else to do. It's similar to Mario Tennis on the Switch, also a very short game, but at least it's fun to play tennis. Playing football on Strikers is definitely not fun.

Thanks mate. In my head I’m looking for something similar to Pro Evo, that I used to play years ago. This looks about right.
You should just pick up a copy of last years or the one before, they are literally pennies in price and play exactly the same.

Purchased Outlast 2 for a few quid last night, man what a game that is.

Brilliant port on the switch, graphics and gameplay are superb, think it may be the best looking game I've played on the switch so far.

Balls. I just bought the new one.
You did the right thing. 2024 is actually the first one since their first release on Switch where they have changed gameplay to align it with big console releases (though PS4/Xbox One as opposed to current gen). Prior to that they only released legacy editions which was FIFA 17 with updated squads.

Is Layers Of Fear a good horror game? Both this and the sequel are on sale at the moment.

Is Layers Of Fear a good horror game? Both this and the sequel are on sale at the moment.
Have never played it, but at the price it's up for it's a steal I'd say, especially after watching some reviews. I might download it myself!!

I downloaded Outlast 2, a similar style horror game, which was a similar price on offer the other day and that's well worth it.

Have never played it, but at the price it's up for it's a steal I'd say, especially after watching some reviews. I might download it myself!!

I downloaded Outlast 2, a similar style horror game, which was a similar price on offer the other day and that's well worth it.
Yeah I bought it. I've finished both Outlast games. Decent if annoying.

Yeah I bought it. I've finished both Outlast games. Decent if annoying.
Did you buy both games or just the first?
I need to stop buying games to be honest :lol: keep buying cheap games on offer.
I brought the Suicide of Rachel Foster for a couple of quid the other day too, that's a great game albeit short.

I need to stop buying games to be honest :lol: keep buying cheap games on offer.
I brought the Suicide of Rachel Foster for a couple of quid the other day too, that's a great game albeit short.
I'm the same and bought way too many games but now I try make sure I don't get a huge backlog so generally buy games when I have only 1 or 2 in the backlog.

I bought both Outlast games on sale. The first had better atmosphere and scares but the second looked more polished and better story.

The second is longer but I completed it quicker than the first because of one thing... The fecking courtyard segment in the first game. Literally the most annoying thing I've ever experienced in a game and nearly stopped playing because of it.

Basically you enter a pitch black courtyard and your camera battery dies. You have to get to a specific building but as you make your way there in pitch black, hoping you're going the right way, fecking monsters kill you.

It's nearly impossible and I had to guess my way there. Still gives me anxiety to this day :mad:

I'm the same and bought way too many games but now I try make sure I don't get a huge backlog so generally buy games when I have only 1 or 2 in the backlog.

I bought both Outlast games on sale. The first had better atmosphere and scares but the second looked more polished and better story.

The second is longer but I completed it quicker than the first because of one thing... The fecking courtyard segment in the first game. Literally the most annoying thing I've ever experienced in a game and nearly stopped playing because of it.

Basically you enter a pitch black courtyard and your camera battery dies. You have to get to a specific building but as you make your way there in pitch black, hoping you're going the right way, fecking monsters kill you.

It's nearly impossible and I had to guess my way there. Still gives me anxiety to this day :mad:
Ah crap, haven't got to that part yet :lol:

Ah crap, haven't got to that part yet :lol:
Are you playing the first one?

Make sure you save loads and be careful with battery. That courtyard is pitch black and you get glimpses of light from a lightning that flashes a couple of times. If I had the camera, it would have been easy but I was in the worst state going into that bit.

Are you playing the first one?

Make sure you save loads and be careful with battery. That courtyard is pitch black and you get glimpses of light from a lightning that flashes a couple of times. If I had the camera, it would have been easy but I was in the worst state going into that bit.
Ah no, just checked, it is the second one I've got, thank feck :lol:

Just downloaded Layers of fear :wenger:

Jump! Jump! Jump! becomes easy once you figure out which badge to use.

What a game.

Same here. I went on a spending spree earlier this year and ended up owning virtually every Switch game I ever wanted, I have vowed to buy only up to two games per quarter now so I don’t further grow my backlog. I do accept though that I will never be able to complete or even play some of these games so just concentrate on what I want to play at that particular time.

When I’m finished with Wonder it will most likely be time to play RPG, though I am hoping to fit Undertale in between as I have wanted to play it for such a long time and it is a rather short game. I started Sea of Stars but it’s a 30-hour game so I will most likely have to wait a couple of months.

I probably won’t manage to exhaust my library before their next console is out anyway so fingers crossed it is backwards compatible.

Is Dead Cells a good game?

I can buy it on Switch when on sale or get it for free on Google Store through my Netflix account.

It seems difficult to play on phone though...

That's all I need to know thanks. I'll grab it when it's on sale next (Switch).

Cheers.

It's a very decent roguelite, so just get into it. Ignore all videos and all that about metas and shite and just play. It's such a good game when you just play how you want and find it all out yourself, not too punishing once you crack the movement and realise that every weapon is viable.

Turn on the 60fps mode too, if it's still an option. Enjoy when you get it mate!