Gaming Nintendo Switch

Ainu

I wish Wind Waker was on Switch.
Same here. I did a playthrough of OoT and Majora's Mask through NSO last year and since then I've just been waiting for a Switch version of Wind Waker. Wish they'd hurry up already.

I've got a WiiU and Wind Waker HD lying around somewhere but I really don't want to set it up. Why did I even buy that? :lol:

Havak

Pokemon master
Playing Paper Mario The Thousand-Year Door at the moment.

Personally, for me, it is the best GameCube game and of course the best Paper Mario game by some distance. I played through the first one on the Nintendo 64 Online App recently and it is a fantastic game. It actually has a couple of things I'd have liked to see in TTYD (Speedy Spin in particular) but TTYD 99.9% improves on the original in every way.

This is the pinnacle of Mario in an RPG and it's probably the best RPG overall to me. I just love basically everything about this game bar the occasional nitpick (only being able to take on one 'Trouble' [side quest] at a time is something I hoped they'd change but didn't).

If you like Mario, turn-based RPGs, puzzle solving, written humour and interactive timing-based combat then this is the game for you.

Also, I saw someone mention they'd be playing this with a younger child. I think this game can be quite challenging depending on how you approach it, particularly if you want to 'Tattle' every enemy. However, they've added some new Badges that let you simplify some mechanics, and BP is definitely your friend! Look up some good Badge combinations and rank that stat up the most. It gives you so much flexibility and is effectively fine tuning the game to how you prefer to play it.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
I wish Wind Waker was on Switch.
It will come out eventually. Probably near the launch of the new console.

Bought Paper Mario TTYD and Unicorn Overlord. Can’t choose which to play first but Mario feels better.

Havak

Pokemon master
I’ve never really gotten into Paper Mario I always found it boring. Is TTYD a good place to start?
It probably is, however, it's the best Paper Mario game. So, you could say that once you play this one it isn't really going to give you much by going back and playing the others as they're just not as good. Unless of course you prefer the combat systems in the other games, which generally seems to be the minority that do.

What have you found boring about the other Paper Mario games? Have you played them or just seen them?

I think the opinion on the series as a whole from Super Paper Mario on the Wii to Origami King on the Switch, at least by the fans who have played the first two, is that they actually are not bad games. They just aren't TTYD and people wanted (and always wanted) more TTYD. If TTYD (and the original Paper Mario) didn't exist, then the later games would probably be held in higher regard. But then again, they wouldn't exist if it wasn't for the first two games either! The first two are just seen as 'Paper Mario' while the later games are closer to 'Mario platformers with Paper'.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
Sticker Stars has plenty of the charm, and is what I'd consider the last of the proper PM games. Still a big step down from TTYD though.

The Wii one was a very cool game in it's own right, and Origami King was decent enough but suffers from Nintendo heavily child proofing their big hitters for the Switch. As Havok says, I don't really consider them PM games.

Sara125

It probably is, however, it's the best Paper Mario game. So, you could say that once you play this one it isn't really going to give you much by going back and playing the others as they're just not as good. Unless of course you prefer the combat systems in the other games, which generally seems to be the minority that do.

What have you found boring about the other Paper Mario games? Have you played them or just seen them?

I think the opinion on the series as a whole from Super Paper Mario on the Wii to Origami King on the Switch, at least by the fans who have played the first two, is that they actually are not bad games. They just aren't TTYD and people wanted (and always wanted) more TTYD. If TTYD (and the original Paper Mario) didn't exist, then the later games would probably be held in higher regard. But then again, they wouldn't exist if it wasn't for the first two games either! The first two are just seen as 'Paper Mario' while the later games are closer to 'Mario platformers with Paper'.
I’ve given one or two a go, mind you, not for long so maybe I haven’t really give Paper Mario a chance. I will look into this TTYD game though it sounds fun.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
So I'm about halfway through Donkey Kong: Tropical Freeze.

I found it hard to get into because the floaty jump mechanics were causing so many unfair deaths but once I got to grips with that, bloody hell... What a game!

Probably the best level design I've ever seen in a platformer and so much better than Mario Wonder already (which I also enjoyed).

I thought it would be a bit more difficult, hopefully that happens second half of the game.

weetee

Supports
no-one in particular
So I'm about halfway through Donkey Kong: Tropical Freeze.

I found it hard to get into because the floaty jump mechanics were causing so many unfair deaths but once I got to grips with that, bloody hell... What a game!

Probably the best level design I've ever seen in a platformer and so much better than Mario Wonder already (which I also enjoyed).

I thought it would be a bit more difficult, hopefully that happens second half of the game.
I found it plenty difficult. But yea, top notch title.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
I found it plenty difficult. But yea, top notch title.
I found the first K level a bit hard due to the sudden difficulty spike but the rest have been easy enough. Probably because I'm used to playing difficult games like Celeste and Cuphead. Have you tried those?