NHL 2024/2025

Haven't followed the league this year but my goodness, how good is that Tampa Bay squad?

Tied a league record for wins. Averaged just a slight tick under four goals per game while playing solid defense. Averaged better than a goal per game differential.

Will they take it all or choke like the 95-96 Wings?

Haven't followed the league this year but my goodness, how good is that Tampa Bay squad?

Tied a league record for wins. Averaged just a slight tick under four goals per game while playing solid defense. Averaged better than a goal per game differential.

Will they take it all or choke like the 95-96 Wings?

They should roll through the East with their quality depth and experience. Will be interesting if they encounter a buzzsaw goalie who carries their form into the playoffs like Lehner (Isles). Columbus could surprise with a couple of wins to put some pressure on Tampa.

Too soon to label the 2018-19 Lightning as the greatest chokers in league history?
Yeah, wait for them to get swept first, great teams have come back from 3-0 before and the bolts were historically good in regular season.

It sure looks like it's happening though

Just read the 2014 Kings were down 3-0 in the opening round and went on to the win the Cup. I don't even recall them being down 3-0 but I haven't followed hockey much since the cancelled strike season.

Amazing, even Tottenham haven't choked as bad as Tampa :lol:

Each team that gets eliminated from the playoffs after this can say: well at least we aren't Tampa.

That was :lol::lol::lol:

Anyways, calling it now: caps-knights II in the finals

Wow they got rekt :lol:

Now I’ll feel a lot better if the flames can level the series tonight :nervous:

What I would like in the finals:
Jets vs Leafs

What we are going to get though unfortunately:
Golden Vomit vs Blue Jackets

I'll go with greatest choke in league history when you account for the regular season dominance, the 3-0 first period Game 1 jump start, that Columbus had never won a postseason series in club history, and the first President's Cup winner to be swept in the opening round.

I don't care who the final is between as long as the Lames are in it.

Been enjoying the play-off's so far, Columbus may have shocked a few, but the win streak coming into the play-off's reminded me of the Oilers run to the play-offs and final in 06. Clawing and fighting to stay in the race and hoping to snatch the final place. The Bolts have been cruising for some time, whilst CBJ were red hot. I can't see them getting past the next semi finals, but who knows.

At least the Lightning have a good family of professional Tampa teams to join in national embarrassment. :(

Game 7's for Caps-Hurricanes, Knights-Sharks and Bruins-Leafs... Infinitely more interesting than the first round of the NBA.

Really hope the Golden Knights get knocked out ASAP. Don't really have a preference for a particular team anymore tbh. Wouldn't mind the Leafs getting far this year.

Daaaaamn the sharks :wenger: :eek:

What a game :lol:

Vegas :(

As a Bruins fan, this is really the best that could've happened tbh.

Who's the favorite now, though? Bruins and Sharks?

Would love to see StL win the cup if only for Maroon to win it, love that guy for his effort even if he isn't blessed with the greatest set of hands.

Soon be time for the World Championships, teams are announcing the rosters, one can only hope that Team GB make an game of at least one of the games in this division. They'll have to learn fast if they want any hope of staying up, but it's highly unlikely they will avoid relegation

Boston cruising. Hopefully St Louis push San Jose to 7 games.

Boston - San Jose would be a great final.

Please not another Boston championship :(

You can count on the Sharks and Blues to feck it up if they get to the Finals though, so I'm not gonna hold my breath.

Big Z lifting another cup would be a great end to a great career. Also, Marchand totally deserves it ;)

So, Bruins vs Blues it is... slight preference for the latter as the lesser of two evils. And I like Tarasenko.

Good start for the Bruins winning Game 1, especially the final two periods, the Blues didn't get a sniff.