Neymar 2016/17

Neymar has out performed Messi in the big games over the last 2 years. And Ronaldo too. Best big game player in the world.

He has ice in his veins, all that pressure with having Brazil on his shoulders seems to have done wonders for his composure. You need three goals to qualify, with barely any time left, any other player would be crossing that free kick into the box hoping someone on his team gets their head on the end of it. Phenomenal talent.

Neymar has out performed Messi in the big games over the last 2 years. And Ronaldo too. Best big game player in the world.
:wenger:

No words.

One game where he outplays Messi in a 10 minute spell he'll never replicate in his life again after having a so-so game & now he's suddenly better.

Last edited:

No words.

One game where he outplays Messi in a 10 minute spell he'll never replicate in his life again after having a so-so game & now he's suddenly better.

Season 14/15, when Barca won the treble, Neymar was more productive than Messi in the big games, by some margin at that. I count as big the games vs Real and Atleti in Spain plus the games in the knock-out stages of the CL (from the last 8 to the final). IIRC, Neymar scored 11 goals in those games vs 4 for Messi. And we are not talking only about stats here. Anyone not blinkered by fanboism must have seen that Neymar has been the better player in most of the recent El Clasicos or at least as good as Messi.

Last edited:
Season 14/15, when Barca won the treble, Neymar was more productive than Messi in the big games, by some margin at that. I count as big the games vs Real and Atleti in Spain plus the games in the knock-out stages of the CL (from the last 8 to the final). IIRC, Neymar scored 11 goals in those games vs 4 for Messi. And we are not talking only about stats here. Anyone not blinkered by fanboism must have seen that Neymar has been the better player in most of the recent El Clasicos or at least as good as Messi.
A Barcelona fan may remember better but the most iconic moments from that season were Messi destroying Bayern and that insane goal in Copa del Rey final. Didn't he also score the winner against atletico in what was pretty much the decided the title?

Could be wrong. Maybe Neymar was better as you say. I remember Messi turning up in those bigger moments more.

No words.

He's ouperformed messi in big games more times than messi outperformed him over the last season and 2/3. Suarez too. It's close between neymar and suarez.

A Barcelona fan may remember better but the most iconic moments from that season were Messi destroying Bayern and that insane goal in Copa del Rey final. Didn't he also score the winner against atletico in what was pretty much the decided the title?

Could be wrong. Maybe Neymar was better as you say. I remember Messi turning up in those bigger moments more.
You're right, he's got the season wrong. It's 15/16 and 16/17 you should look at

I would rather say it like:-

"Messi hasn't been THAT influential in big games over the past 18 months".

And that is understandable as he is not a superman, he is human. He is 29 (will be 30 this summer), and is allowed to have a slight dip in form given that he has been absolutely out of this world over the past decade. I am not a Barcelona fan, in fact I hate Barcelona but I am just in awe of him, probably the best player footballing world has seen. (Ronaldo is very very close obviously).

And another reason why I love him is because after that first meeting against Chelsea in Champions League (2004-05), I don't remember him doing play-acting, diving, simulation or whatever you call it. He was quick to realized that he is far bigger player than these stupid antics and claimed his respect.

I would rather say it like:-

"Messi hasn't been THAT influential in big games over the past 18 months".

And that is understandable as he is not a superman, he is human. He is 29 (will be 30 this summer), and is allowed to have a slight dip in form given that he has been absolutely out of this world over the past decade. I am not a Barcelona fan, in fact I hate Barcelona but I am just in awe of him, probably the best player footballing world has seen. (Ronaldo is very very close obviously).

And another reason why I love him is because after that first meeting against Chelsea in Champions League (2004-05), I don't remember him doing play-acting, diving, simulation or whatever you call it. He was quick to realized that he is far bigger player than these stupid antics and claimed his respect.

I agree mate.

Banned for two games and will miss El classico. He got an extra match ban for sarcastically applauding the assistant referee. Also, one of his yellow cards was for tying his shoelace during a Malaga free-kick. The Barca fans must be livid.

Do you think he cried because it was his last (meaningful) game for Barça?

Ye, he's like feck, the weather in Manchester is shite. 4 years of a lack of sun just dawned on him

I know for a fact hes going to united.. but I think hell wait to play the world cup