Neymar 2016/17

It was his mentality that impressed more than his general play. When Barca were in trouble and some of his teammates were hiding, he took responsibility and demanded the ball. When the pressure was on him taking the penalty, he showed the nerve to put it away. When everything was hectic in the last few moments, showed more composure than anyone else on the pitch. Add in winning a penalty, scoring a brilliant free kick and the actual quality of that final ball when it mattered......
I think I can mostly agree with this actually.

At a time when you'd think it was Neymar's time to become the world's best, this season prior to his recent excellent form, was quite disappointing.

Great to see he's got his mojo back and capped it off with probably his most memorable peformance at club level. Given his age and running power, he should aim to overtake Messi and Ronaldo now. Football is a team sport and real could win more titles than Barca but Neymar should be looking to out perform them as an individual.

I still think staying at Barcelona makes sense for him given the platform it gives you and how playing alongside the likes of Messi and Suarez helps you. But if he does want to be THE main man, we should be there give him that opportunity.

The cool head he showed to make that pass reminded me of Giggs in the 4-3 derby game. It's just an unreal piece of skill under that sort of pressure, it might one of my favourite passes ever.

feck knows what the PSG defence were up to though! :lol:

:wenger:
Scoring the 4th and 5th, and assisting the 6th.

The fifth was an own goal, right? The penalty he won was a dive, a good dive, but a dive non the less. He's really good, and I think he'll soon establish himself as the best in the world, but he did play a bit egotistical yesterday at times.

The fifth was an own goal, right? The penalty he won was a dive, a good dive, but a dive non the less. He's really good, and I think he'll soon establish himself as the best in the world, but he did play a bit egotistical yesterday at times.

No. He scored a free-kick and a penalty.

One of, if not the greatest individual clutch performance in the history of football from Neymar yesterday. He's got ice in his veins.

Messi still has a fair few peak years left in him but yesterday he quite literally handed over the reigns to Neymar for the final few minutes.

He was literally the only Barca attacker who caused PSG problems all night.

And what a performance in the last 10 minutes, when everything seemed lost and seemingly, no one believed.

I wish we had him. I was skeptical about him regarding his wannabe celebrity lifestyle but this guy never backs down. What he did in the last 15 minutes is incredible. To even try those in that situation shows he has a lot of courage. Most of the players would have randomly lobbed the ball to box on that very last goal. But he pasts his man, and makes a pass to Roberto.

Incredible, just a delight to watch. I hope we will see him in a United shirt one day.

Remember there was people in the transfer forum saying we shouldn't try to sign him if he's available (he's not) as it will block Rashford's development :lol:

Are you seriously denying that wasn't a simple save for any competent Goalkeeper? You think De Gea or Courtois are letting that in?
Yup. You're obviously being delusional if you think that was straight forward, or you're being heavily biased. Had it been Hazard, you'd be in the camp for every other person is in now.

I have always been impressed by his workrate. Martial should watch him. His running off the ball is sensational.

I'd pay £180m for him all day long. Talents like this come once in a generation. He has talent and balls in spades.

I'd pay £180m for him all day long. Talents like this come once in a generation. He has talent and balls in spades.
This. One of my absolute favourite players. It is not fun to see him playing for Barcelona, but every now and then I still enjoy his game, despite the blue-red shirt; his performance yesterday was priceless. Statistically he is not having his best season, but he is the man for the big games.

I wish we had him. I was skeptical about him regarding his wannabe celebrity lifestyle but this guy never backs down. What he did in the last 15 minutes is incredible. To even try those in that situation shows he has a lot of courage. Most of the players would have randomly lobbed the ball to box on that very last goal. But he pasts his man, and makes a pass to Roberto.

Incredible, just a delight to watch. I hope we will see him in a United shirt one day.

I highly doubt he would want to play in England except to collect a pay cheque. It would be a downgrade for his career and if he wants to become a legend in the sports along side the greats, he has no business playing football in England.

Ronaldo couldn't wait to get out of England because he to knew that you don't become a legend in the sport playing football in the UK.

Pretty obvious no. He wanted to leave in 2008 and he was unhappy after he came back from injury and wasn't even celebrating his goals.

No player with all time aspirations should be playing in the Premier League.
BS.

Premier League won't suit him that much. Wouldn't take long until the press are on his back saying he's "too flashy, soft, diving, etc."

Technically speaking, more spaces in the PL will make it easier for him to shine and score though. I can only see him leaving because of the tax issues, nothing else.

Premier League won't suit him that much. Wouldn't take long until the press are on his back saying he's "too flashy, soft, diving, etc."

Technically speaking, more spaces in the PL will make it easier for him to shine and score though. I can only see him leaving because of the tax issues, nothing else.
Barca would be mad not to pay him whatever he loses to the taxman(seems to be the bone of contention) and why he's still linked with us.

Barca would be mad not to pay him whatever he loses to the taxman(seems to be the bone of contention) and why he's still linked with us.
It's not a matter of what he owes to the taxmen, it's a matter of him risking jail time

It's not a matter of what he owes to the taxmen, it's a matter of him risking jail time
Leaving Barca for England won't help him escape jail time. If he's senstenced, the Spanish courts will just ask for him to be extradited. I am convinced he won't get more than a suspended sentence. But what the trial will do is improve the Spanish prosecutor's negotiating position. He is going to pay millions. It's the millions he will have to pay that could drive him away.

Who could even pay what it will be required? If he moves, he's going to break world record fee for transfer and by some distance. Mammoth wages too and top of that the new club will have to help him with the millions he is inevitably going to pay in tax case. It's far too much money to stump up for a player, even as special as him.

Do you not think the reason you state straight beneath will make it easier? Also, wherever he goes, he'll be the absolute main-man/focal point of the side. Judging by how he performs with Brazil it's definitely something that he can deal with.

"More space in the PL" Where he'd be the one getting the Messi treatment without his gravity on the pitch?

C6hP8-aWwAEgUGr.jpg

C6M1-ygWYAE2atO.jpg

Still struggling to understand where this myth of the Premier League have tons of space for attackers to thrive came from. There's a reason Madrid/Barca always get these crazy scorelines.

"More space in the PL" Where he'd be the one getting the Messi treatment without his gravity on the pitch?

C6hP8-aWwAEgUGr.jpg

C6M1-ygWYAE2atO.jpg

Still struggling to understand where this myth of the Premier League have tons of space for attackers to thrive came from. There's a reason Madrid/Barca always get these crazy scorelines.

Nothing to do with them being far better most teams in the world and goal difference not counting for much in that league?
They also produce crazy scorelines in the champions league.

C6hP8-aWwAEgUGr.jpg

C6M1-ygWYAE2atO.jpg

Premier league doesn't have huge scorelines because the best teams in England are shite compared to the best teams in Europe, it's really that simple. We are less tactical, more physical. Best team in the league is Chelsea and they aren't even on the same level as Bayern etc. let alone the top Spanish teams who have dominated Europe for the past decade.

You only have to look as far as the players who were shite/irrelevant in their leagues who came and dominated the EPL. Ala Sanchez, Fabregas etc. Speaks volumes that Barca's outcasts are some of, or have been some of, the best players in our league.

Nothing to do with them being far better most teams in the world and goal difference not counting for much in that league?
They also produce crazy scorelines in the champions league.
Of course they have better teams but this myth of their being more space in the Premier League is baffling. Pretty much every side plays a deep block no?

I think Woody might have to break into banks for him. Gonna cost United quite a bit, I reckon.

Was tongue in cheek pal, not a chance he's moving anywhere. Maybe if this tax stuff gets real bad and he needs some cash, otherwise no chance.

If he kept on playing like he is doing atm could he win The Ballon d'Or this year?
Probably no. During the course of the entire season, Messi has been so much better. But, it might be a good opportunity for him to make the top 3 this season considering that both Suarez and Cristiano (especially the later) are not playing as good as last season.

It would be nice to see someone not Messi or Ronaldo winning it though, but the only way I can see it happening is if Messi slows down (gets injured) on the next few months. Anyway, the two wankers have won 9 of the last 10 Ballon D'Ors (being runner ups in 9 out of 10 Ballon D'Ors too) so time for a change. However, neither of Neymar, Suarez, Lewandowski or Griezmann have gone a level up to challenge Messi (Ronaldo has gone a level down).

An outside chance for Sergio Ramos if Madrid defends UCL (and win La Liga)?

Of course they have better teams but this myth of their being more space in the Premier League is baffling. Pretty much every side plays a deep block no?
It's one of those things. It used to be true, everybody kept repeating it and people just took it for granted. Even though nowadays there's really not that much difference in that regard between england, spain and italy

Still current PL stars saying that helps perpetrate the myth

Also? Yes, Neymar can win the Balon d'Or this year. It's March, there's no meaningful international competition(apart from AFCON, but there's nobody there who could win it) so the best player on the best team from now to May will be the favourite