NBA 2020-2021

And I guess he just lucked out getting LeBron and AD in the first place?

Building a winning roster a week after free agency isn't easy but he did it. And then seemingly improved on that.

Yes, of course. If we was GM of Charlotte or Washington or Chicago or anyone else he wasn't signing them.

So you wouldn’t give the Lakers GM credit for anything just because it’s the Lakers, is basically what it comes down to. No reasonable debate to be had in that case.

Some credit, sure. They've done really well with their late draft picks over the past few years. Kuzma was a good pick. Horton-Tucker looks promising. Caruso was a great pick-up. I just don't think he can really take that much credit for signing LeBron and AD - which is the reason the Lakers are a great team now.

Yes, of course. If we was GM of Charlotte or Washington or Chicago or anyone else he wasn't signing them.

Some credit, sure. They've done really well with their late draft picks over the past few years. Kuzma was a good pick. Horton-Tucker looks promising. Caruso was a great pick-up. I just don't think he can really take that much credit for signing LeBron and AD - which is the reason the Lakers are a great team now.
I wish our GMs from 2012-19 were as lucky as Pelinka.
Also, you don't address my other point about the roster he built around them, after messing around/being messed around by Kawhi for a week or so.

I'm not saying Rob is one of the best in the league, but I do believe he deserves some respect.

I wish our GMs from 2012-19 were as lucky as Pelinka.
Also, you don't address my other point about the roster he built around them, after messing around/being messed around by Kawhi for a week or so.

I'm not saying Rob is one of the best in the league, but I do believe he deserves some respect.

So, how do you think the LeBron move happened exactly? You think Pelinka sold him on playing with Lonzo, Ingram, Hart etc? That first team he put around LeBron was garbage. Everyone at the time knew it. He then had the good fortune of AD wanting to play with LeBron in L.A. and managed to get the deal done. With AD threatening that he'd be signing with the Lakers if he went elsewhere. If you don't think that was luck/good fortune then I don't know what to tell you. The previous GMs weren't as lucky, no. Because LeBron had to win a title in Cleveland first.

He did a decent job...I guess? He signed Danny Green who was pretty clearly the best available player at the time. The Dwight Howard signing was good. A few others have worked out (i.e. Morris and Rondo). Some haven't (i.e. Waiters). It was fine. There's also him semi bungling the AD trade by completing it at the end of the month and not immediately after the business moratorium - not leaving the Lakers with enough cap space to sign a max free agent. Lakers officials refuted it but it still seems strange. Anyway, he's probably a decent GM, as you say, he's done some good stuff on the margins and I give him credit for that. But LeBron and AD I give him no credit for.

On a non-Pelinka note, these Christmas games have been disappointing. I imagine the league isn't pleased with the blowouts..

LeGM is where the credit goes - as it should. They didnt chase him, he chose them and AD.

On a non-Pelinka note, these Christmas games have been disappointing. I imagine the league isn't pleased with the blowouts..
All those games looked reasonably close on paper yet they were over in the middle of third quarter. Must say Brooklyn has looked good in the limited sample size so far, Warriors look like they can fetch a top 5 pick again.

Portland really struggling to contain Christian Wood so far.

ugh. Going to be hard to tank with a competent front office and sustained professional culture when our tanking rivals are total dumpster fire teams like the Knicks, Pistons and Hornets.

Triple dub Russ is back I see. Pointless shit.

I'm really surprised by the lack fo talks around Edwards first games. And he is nothing like Wiggins.

Luka looks chunky even by his standards.

I don’t like the new camera angles at all.

James Harden was ludicrously good in yesterday’s Rockets game. Two three-pointers in a row at the end of OT, 17 assists, some of which were sensational. Looked a great combo with Wood too.

I'm really surprised by the lack fo talks around Edwards first games. And he is nothing like Wiggins.

I've been really surprised. I didn't follow this draft that closely but a lot of people canned the pick so I didn't expect much. He's looked good so far though. Efficient game yesterday as well.

Triple dub Russ is back I see. Pointless shit.

You think he'd be better off not rebounding or getting assists? Interesting.

I've been really surprised. I didn't follow this draft that closely but a lot of people canned the pick so I didn't expect much. He's looked good so far though. Efficient game yesterday as well.

You think he'd be better off not rebounding or getting assists? Interesting.
Tbf shooting 0-4 from 3 and 6-19 overall is worse than I expected.

77-27 :lol: Had to check three times if it wasn’t typo when I got a notification on my phone.

James Harden was ludicrously good in yesterday’s Rockets game. Two three-pointers in a row at the end of OT, 17 assists, some of which were sensational. Looked a great combo with Wood too.

I think he would be crazy to not at least give this team a chance, but yeah he was fecking fantastic. He just kept dicing it to Wood for easy points whenever he saw a double team. Shame CJ was having himself a career night.

Pat Bev got the next 5 years, don't forget.

Have Clippers always had that Super Mario sound effect when they make a free throw?

I think he would be crazy to not at least give this team a chance, but yeah he was fecking fantastic. He just kept dicing it to Wood for easy points whenever he saw a double team. Shame CJ was having himself a career night.
Without half the the rotation too, wonder what we could've done with Walls, Cousins, and Gordon playing.

Without half the the rotation too, wonder what we could've done with Walls, Cousins, and Gordon playing.

Yeah I was taking to a Portland fan this morning and he was happy with the win but he didn't like that they struggled so hard with such a depleted Rockets team. Forced their stars to play major minutes, CJ and Dame played 44 and 41, to get over the line.

Harden is going to love playing with Wood, if he stays and I think he will.

51-point loss and only scored 16+ in one Q :lol:

Yeah I was taking to a Portland fan this morning and he was happy with the win but he didn't like that they struggled so hard with such a depleted Rockets team. Forced their stars to play major minutes, CJ and Dame played 44 and 41, to get over the line.

Harden is going to love playing with Wood, if he stays and I think he will.

I am a Portland fan, I do not put much weight on that game or the opening night as this team is very much work in progress with many new faces and players returning from injuries. I think it will take at least 15-20 games before we can assess how good this team can really be.

I am a Portland fan, I do not put much weight on that game or the opening night as this team is very much work in progress with many new faces and players returning from injuries. I think it will take at least 15-20 games before we can assess how good this team can really be.
Same could be said about the Rockets tbh, but I agree, 1 game means nothing.

Same could be said about the Rockets tbh, but I agree, 1 game means nothing.
Even more so about the Rockets as Wall and Cousins didn’t play and we have zero idea how good they are. Those first few games have produced so many freak results I am not sure we can even semi-assess a single team out there.

Ring night effect. If legal I would have put all the money on the Lakers falling behind big in the first quarter. It never fails. Other than that one quarter the Lakers edged them.
Hmm not sure. We closed the gap but never went in front in the third quarter, and our defense was not up to the usual standard of last season. But indeed just a glitch it seems, I think 50+ wins should be easily doable.

Hmm not sure. We closed the gap but never went in front in the third quarter, and our defense was not up to the usual standard of last season. But indeed just a glitch it seems, I think 50+ wins should be easily doable.

True, but they had a 20 point gap to recover from. I'm not worried at all as long as the 3pt shooting stays at a "not bad" level. The defense, fast break, and 2nd chance points will lead the way. Loving Montrez and trying to be not too excited about THT.