NBA 2018-2019

Didn't that Lakers pitch to a Palmdale native get leaked? Palmdale native being George .

So LAL had a pitch ready but no meeting set up?

Shit. I hoped that Dubs will get Ariza and Belinelli.

What players they might get now? Dwight Howard. Is that all?

Shit. I hoped that Dubs will get Ariza and Belinelli.

What players they might get now? Dwight Howard. Is that all?

Ariza got $15million for a year from Phoenix, three times what Warriors could have offered. Belinelli actually took $6ion a year which Warriors could have got close to but he will get a more important role at Spurs.

Blazers let Davis go ($4.4million from Nets) and took Stauskas on minimum deal. I hate both moves so much, I don’t understand this front office. I can’t believe Stauskas was our first move of free agency.

Ariza was never going to the Warriors. He was using them as leverage the same way Iggy used Houston. He wanted to get paid. The guy already has a ring so winning doesn't motivate him as much.

Could Durant have gotten more money, or he gave Dubs an another discount? 61.5m for 2 years is still a lot of money, but he could have gone for the super-max right? Something like 200m for 5 years or so.

Of course, he is going to continue getting rings there which seems to be his number 1 priority, and considering the money he gets from endorsements, it is the right thing to do. Rockets will be weaker if they don't replace Ariza, no super-Lakers, so an another ring seems quite doable for next season.

Could Durant have gotten more money, or he gave Dubs an another discount? 61.5m for 2 years is still a lot of money, but he could have gone for the super-max right? Something like 200m for 5 years or so.

Of course, he is going to continue getting rings there which seems to be his number 1 priority, and considering the money he gets from endorsements, it is the right thing to do. Rockets will be weaker if they don't replace Ariza, no super-Lakers, so an another ring seems quite doable for next season.
Durant can't sign the supermax. Only a player's first team or the one that he joined during his rookie deal can offer it. It's literally known as the "Kevin Durant rule" because it was created in response to his move.

He could've signed for a max of around 35 mil, I think, but not on a 1+1. He chose that in order to opt out next year and sign a new contract when the cap will be higher.

Durant can't sign the supermax. Only a player's first team or the one that he joined during his rookie deal can offer it. It's literally known as the "Kevin Durant rule" because it was created in response to his move.

He could've signed for a max of around 35 mil, I think, but not on a 1+1. He chose that in order to opt out next year and sign a new contract when the cap will be higher.
Why Durant cannot sign supermax but Chris Paul can? Shouldn't they be in the same position?

Why Durant cannot sign supermax but Chris Paul can? Shouldn't they be in the same position?

Rockets obtained the rights to give Paul super max when they traded for him from Clippers (contrary to what some believe he wasn’t a FA acquisition). Clippers had the rights transferred over from Pelicans.

No team will have rights to offer super max to player who joined them in free agency. You need to get him via trade.

Rockets obtained the rights to give Paul super max when they traded for him from Clippers (contrary to what some believe he wasn’t a FA acquisition). Clippers had the rights transferred over from Pelicans.

No team will have rights to offer super max to player who joined them in free agency. You need to get him via trade.
OK, this makes sense.

I don't think he's signing a supermax, technically. Rockets obtained his bird rights but they can't give him a supermax.

160m/4 years, is that not supermax?
I don't think so. It's about as big but it's not technically the same thing as the DPE. The latter could only be offered by the team that drafted the player (Pelicans) or the one that traded for him during his rookie deal (Clippers). Those are the official requirements.

What Paul signed is the max - this year it's about 35 mil. and then he gets 7-8% increase every year, so it eventually gets to 44 million or thereabouts in year 4. It's some bullshit that he fixed up for himself in the CBA last year.

I might be wrong but that's my understanding.

DeAndre to Dallas is a good deal by the way. I was worried they might offer him 3 or 4 years. For a year he's perfect though. They've got the space, they want to win and he'll be motivated to perform for his last contract. Bit risky for him but teams will have a lot of space next year so maybe he'll get lucky.

Cousins is a massive risk and not a great fit while Capela was probably staying put anyway. I don't understand why they didn't just offer him the 25 mil. though, to make Huston match it, at least.

Taking 2 year deal and then he joins the Knicks :D and gets some respect back.

Hope so. He is ancient but he is still a scoring machine.
He's abysmal. Inefficient chucker without defence. Dubs would be morons to take him.

He's a better player than Nick Young. That is who he is replacing, right?
On a veteran's minimum I don't think he really hurts or helps the team that much either way since he more than likely will just be used to take up regular season minutes on the second team and won't be much of a presence (if any) in the playoffs. As a veteran presence in the locker room he could be helpful especially if David West decides to retire. Other than that if the Dubs pick him up IMLTHO it's just another roster spot filled.

LeBron meeting with Sixers in Philadelphia today. Come on, make it happen!

The four-year commitment from LeBron is interesting.

Even if the Lakers get Leonard too, they’re not beating the Warriors.

Those two should have joined the Sixers instead.

The four-year commitment from LeBron is interesting.
It really is. Shows a lot of balls too especially if no one else shows up with him. If the latter is the case he certainly can't be accused of taking the easy way out.

On a different note, as things stand right now with Durant taking a 1+1 and leaving almost 6M on the table, the Dubs may actually use their MLE. Prior to KD going this route there was talk that they may just try and fill their roster up with minimum guys and forego using the exemption since the 5.6M for the MLE was going to cost them over 27M in actual dollars.

Never in a million years did I imagine Lebron would wear the purple and gold. Will be bizarre as fck seeing him in the Lakers’ jersey. Won’t be enough to dethrone the Warriors as currently constructed, but we’re relevant again. Kudos to Magic and Rob for delivering.

On a side note, I know certain foolish Lakers’ fans must feel bittersweet at the news, with Lebron, a player many openly rooted against and disparaged (in defense of Kobe), on the team.

Intrigued what the Spurs get for Kawhi now. Is Lebron content with waiting a year?

Came a couple years too late. But I'll take back everything I've said about him if he makes us contenders again! But anyone else think he's on the decline?

Even if the Lakers get Leonard too, they’re not beating the Warriors.

Those two should have joined the Sixers instead.
Would have been more fun to see them with Simmons and Embiid against the West.

It’ll be interesting to see how this plays out with George staying put; I thought he was going to be the barometer as to how this summer would go. George not moving throws the whole ‘new super-team’ idea out into the air since SA will be loathe to strengthen the Lakers...

Given Lebron’s age and mileage, one year will not be a brief moment for him, but from the Laker’s perspective, waiting it out and keeping the likes of Kuz, BI, and/or Lonzo and signing Kawhi would be the smart option.

However, if Kawhi is 100% set on the Lakers and the Spurs are willing to swallow their pride and accept that getting some assets in return is better than nothing, I wouldn’t surprised if a deal is done without San Antonio asking for an unreasonable price. Big if though, since Hell would freeze over before we see Pop do the Lakers a favor.

Happy with this deal. It will be incredibly interesting next year, if we retain everyone from our young core as well as keeping hold of KCP and Brook Lopez we have an extremely young and intriguing roster in my opinion: Lebron, Lonzo, Brandon Ingram, Kuzma, Randle, Lopez, KCP, Moe Wagner, Josh Hart, Zubac - That can get to the playoffs and then it is anybody's guess. Ingram and Randle are the biggest keys this off season though, if they can jump again this year like they did last year then we look sneaky dangerous.

Came a couple years too late. But I'll take back everything I've said about him if he makes us contenders again! But anyone else think he's on the decline?

He's on the decline but he is still clearly the best player in the league. All depends how fast his drop-off is though, and what the Lakers put around him. As it currently sits at KCP, Stephenson and a young core - I would say that's a decent team but very LeBron dependent.