Nations League 24/25 | October Internationals (Matchday 3-4)

Deserved win for Turkey. Keeper gets tackled and gives them a goal with 2 minutes left. Can't do that. Sorry about that Welsh people.

Can't we just sack Koeman?

I mean, I get that he's no Slot, but how he can make Gravenberch this crap this fast is impressive.

Timber, Gravenberch, Reijnders might just be the dumbest midfield of all time.

Worst game from Oranje in a long time. That was dreadful.

Look, I know how losing against Germany is eating you up inside, but sometimes it's okay to gracefully admit defeat, especially when the opposition has stars like Leweling or a Kleindienst in his prime.
Try to look on the bright side, shat Xavi kid played fairly promising, maybe he can get there too.

Was there on Friday, it was obvs freezing round the edges then (along with my feet) - great town and people despite the cold though!
At least there was no wind so the cold was bearable.
I sat next to the Welsh Messi in the stands. He had a lot of time for fans of which there were plenty as we sadly have a lot of Liverpool fans.

Reckon you still have a place for him in the squad. Same age as our Jóhann Guðmundsson.

At least there was no wind so the cold was bearable.
I sat next to the Welsh Messi in the stands. He had a lot of time for fans of which there were plenty as we sadly have a lot of Liverpool fans.

Reckon you still have a place for him in the squad. Same age as our Jóhann Guðmundsson.
I wore the wrong socks that night :-) kept meeting spurs fans maybe I have a knack of avoiding Liverpool fans - yeah old experienced heads can help control a game, unlike us on Friday :D thankfully saw the game out tonight but should have put it to bed much earlier, need a killer instinct. Your boys ran like crazy in the second half, did they run out of steam in the end tonight?

I wore the wrong socks that night :-) kept meeting spurs fans maybe I have a knack of avoiding Liverpool fans - yeah old experienced heads can help control a game, unlike us on Friday :D thankfully saw the game out tonight but should have put it to bed much earlier, need a killer instinct. Your boys ran like crazy in the second half, did they run out of steam in the end tonight?
Nah they played well. Two starters were suspended. 1-0 up at half time. Türkiye scored from a penalty, twice outside the box and their 3-2 goal in the 88th minute was a goalkeeping mistake, lost the ball in the penalty area. There were opportunities to win it certainly. Another 2-2 draw wouldn't have been unfair but ultimately Türkiye scored 4 and deserved the win.

Great half for Norn Iron but Bulgaria been terrible for decades now. Couldn't name one player from their first 11 now when even their 2000s side had Stan Petrov, Martin Petrov and Berbatov to follow the 1990s golden generation.

Sad to see how far they've fallen and dosen't look like they'll improve anytime soon like say Hungary have in last five years.

Beautiful assist by Hojbjerg. He has that Bendtner gene in him where he seems to always be so much better for Denmark than at club level.

Finally a shot and Gordon makes a decent save.

One of the worst games of football I've watched in a long long time.

When will Portugal finally retire Ronaldo?

He's not going to retire himself, this seems absolute madness now. They have young players on that bench that could offer far more than a 39 year old player. It just seems madness he's still being picked for the squad, let alone the starting eleven.

He's not going to retire himself, this seems absolute madness now. They have young players on that bench that could offer far more than a 39 year old player. It just seems madness he's still being picked for the squad, let alone the starting eleven.
And all the other players wanna do is find a good crossing position to whip it into him. It's their only tactic.

Ronaldo will be 40 in less than 4 months and still showing so much passion and anger at referee for not letting them take that last corner :lol: I guess he sees Nations League as his best chance for another trophy with Portugal (though I'm sure he'll be there for 2026 World Cup as well).

Tbf he scored in each of their 3 games in this competition before tonight. They'll probably keep him until after next World Cup.

He's the Portuguese FA cash cow. He will continue to get called and play for Portugal as long as he wants.

That's why they hired a spineless coach like Martinez who is nothing more than a yes man. Fernando Santos the previous coach got fired cause he dared to bench Ronaldo in the last WC.

They are wasting a very good generation of players just for the sake of one way past his best player and the money he still brings to them.

Reactions: jojojo