Nabil Fekir

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is not correct. It was broke by L’equipe yesterday and only later by the British media. Maybe you have a source that you’d like to share with us - that some other journalists had the news but decided to keep it until after L’epuipe Ran the story!?
I have to say, the vitriol on this thread is incredible, punctuated by burst of inaccurate, slanderous crap. What is the big fear? We haven’t even signed the guy and already some of you fans are going overkill in meltdown.
You’ve just signed Fred for similar money - is the any of similar crap coming from Liverpool fans on his thread? No, there is not. And there is not even a Thread on him on Liverpool Forums so why the obsession?
There are much more important things in life guys, time to get a grip!

Hmm...

This isn’t overly comparable to Vvd really. There we briefed journos before a deal had been agreed to drive down the price. Here by all accounts the guys had his medical. This seems more like Lyon wanting to control the narrative after the fact

This isn’t overly comparable to Vvd really. There we briefed journos before a deal had been agreed to drive down the price. Here by all accounts the guys had his medical. This seems more like Lyon wanting to control the narrative after the fact

Sounds exactly like what's happening here. I imagine the deal will get done eventually, but for more than the £48m your club was briefing last night.

Last edited:
That is not correct. It was broke by L’equipe yesterday and only later by the British media. Maybe you have a source that you’d like to share with us - that some other journalists had the news but decided to keep it until after L’epuipe Ran the story!?
I have to say, the vitriol on this thread is incredible, punctuated by burst of inaccurate, slanderous crap. What is the big fear? We haven’t even signed the guy and already some of you fans are going overkill in meltdown.
You’ve just signed Fred for similar money - is the any of similar crap coming from Liverpool fans on his thread? No, there is not. And there is not even a Thread on him on Liverpool Forums so why the obsession?
There are much more important things in life guys, time to get a grip!

:lol: Liverpool fan moaning about obsession, posting on ManUtd forum.

We have fans from so many clubs, that's the reason so many players have threads and discussed. We have thread even for Stuttgart CB.

It's comparable in that they got their man by hook or crook last time and will do the same on this occasion, even if this entails p*ssing off the selling club. This will go through fairly smoothly, it's just Lyon want to be seen to be in control of the situation rather than being walked all over.

I thought Liverpool went about their transfer business like ninjas? Or so we heard after Fabinho signing?

Only @haram seemed to be the voice of reason in the Fabinho thread.

Sounds exactly like what's happening here. I imagine the deal will get done eventually, but for more than the £48m your club was briefing last night.

It seems like a fee’s been agreed though. It’s just a case of both sides saving face by spinning it their way. It’s not driving a price down, it’s meaningless tabloid spin.

With VVD we were saying we had him sorted before Southampton were even that open to an offer. It’s two different situations with the vague appearance of similarity.

He passed a medical or he was scheduled to pass it today?

Deal will be towards 60m I'm thinking. Probably more when you include add ons.
Don't care at this point, it just needs to be done and I won't lose sleep over an additional 10m.

All these feckers on Twitter currently with their "BREAKING:" stuff who know feck all though, does my head in ffs.

Don't care at this point, it just needs to be done and I won't lose sleep over an additional 10m.

All these feckers on Twitter currently with their "BREAKING:" stuff who know feck all though, does my head in ffs.

It's silly season.

I was thinking earlier what we used to do before social media with transfer season..

Teletext! Refresh

Lyon look stupid if he's having a medical now. With all the eyes around the French NT, someone would have picked it up.

We should pin this post so Utd fans can stop crying about his efficient other sides are with transfers.

I would doubt they will start all 3 together for certainly a few months, just look at Robertson and the Ox for example. They didn't start games initially, but after they got used to the klopp system - they came in and did well.

I would expect that they would be brought in gradually and most likely wouldn't start a game together until maybe November.
Liverpool fans would love to see them all in action straightaway!

Liverpool fans would love to see them all in action straightaway!
It won’t be rushed, same happened with the Ox, Van Dijk and Robertson, only Salah hit the ground running. Especially since they’re all midfielders, I expect only Keita and maybe Fabinho in our starting line-up next season. Fekir (if it does go through) could be on holiday until the beginning of August as well if France go far in the WC.

It won’t be rushed, same happened with the Ox, Van Dijk and Robertson, only Salah hit the ground running. Especially since they’re all midfielders, I expect only Keita and maybe Fabinho in our starting line-up next season. Fekir (if it does go through) could be on holiday until the beginning of August as well if France go far in the WC.
Yeah that's the more likely scenario. Someone will be benched and will be eased in. Probably will start a big game when ready

Lyon look stupid if he's having a medical now. With all the eyes around the French NT, someone would have picked it up.

They're saying on TalkSport that they had to deny it because they are a PLC and it's a protocol issue.

It's silly season.

I was thinking earlier what we used to do before social media with transfer season..

Teletext! Refresh

I remember those days vaguely but strangely fondly:lol::lol:

This might be why Lyon are denying the deal.

Last edited:
SportsWitness have gone off the deep end with this.
Remember when they simply translated articles? Now its 20 theories per story.

He has been spotted with the French squad.
Medical could be done yesterday evening or this morning, it was done in Clairefontaine and they usually don't take more than 2 hours if I'm not mistaken. It's no more than an hour flight to Lyon and I think he wasn't going to miss that flight regardless.

Liverpool seems making very decent signings and getting strength in depth.once they get a gk..they can be formidable.dont know about lovren though.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see Fabinho start at RB for a bit, giving the kid a rest and getting Fabinho used to the pace of the PL. he tends to dive in a lot so could get a bunch of yellows easily

They're saying on TalkSport that they had to deny it because they are a PLC and it's a protocol issue.

I don't claim to have any knowledge of french laws but I very much doubt hiding significant events is part of protocol for a PLC.

I don't claim to have any knowledge of french laws but I very much doubt hiding significant events is part of protocol for a PLC.

Nor do I. They were saying it was delaying tactics until the correct information can be put out there. Could be BS.

From now on he shall be referred to as dirty Fekir

Status
Not open for further replies.