Moises Caicedo | Chelsea agree £115M fee | signed for Chelsea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wtf? He's a lifelong United fan.
Not anymore. He's out.

alpacino-go

Reckon Chelsea will match that bid now. They've spent too much time on this transfer to lose out over 10m.

What the actual feck!

It's an increcible overpay but its still a massive move for Liverpool. Before this move or with them signing Lavia, I was sure we'd finish above them but this is a game changer for them now.

We have to get rid of Mctominay and sign a top CM too to steal a march on them again.

Subsequently the purchase of Casemiro is what has prevented movement for United in these areas where three key defensive midfielders are on the move.

The question therefore is would you have preferred Caicedo / Rice for 100M+, Lavia for 50M or Casemiro for 70M.
Casemiro was 60 and I'd still take him, don't think we even finish in the ucl places if we didn't have him last season.

I guess this shuts up all the people talking about english player tax for Rice and claiming that Caicedo would be cheaper.

Or probably it won't.
To be fair even though it’s over priced I personally think Caicedo is a significantly better player than Rice.

Subsequently the purchase of Casemiro is what has prevented movement for United in these areas where three key defensive midfielders are on the move.

The question therefore is would you have preferred Caicedo / Rice for 100M+, Lavia for 50M or Casemiro for 70M.

Rice and Caicedo are this summer, Casimero was last summer.

What a bizarre post of complete drivel :wenger:

It’s too late. He’s agreed to go Liverpool. Medical planned tomorrow.
We've seen twists and turns before. Caicedo clearly seems to not care which club he goes to and given Chelsea have chased him all summer and will probably pay him much higher wages, I still see potential for a late twist.

Rice and Caicedo are this summer, Casimero was last summer.

What a bizarre post of complete drivel :wenger:

Last summers purchases have impacted this summers transfer activity's. United have less room for FFP due to overpaying for Antony for example (this was reported last season) and Casemiro means movement for a longer term defensive midfielder was not a priority it's cause and effect.

Reckon Chelsea will match that bid now. They've spent too much time on this transfer to lose out over 10m.

They bid £100M knowing Liverpool would put a British record offer on the table. This is done. He’s a Liverpool player.

Great signing for Liverpool, all the talk about how we are funding Chelsea to sign Caicedo and they fecked it up.

Also there will always be players popping up who shows plenty of promise, when we have to replace Casemiro we will have plenty of options.
Premier League top clubs just don't seem to chase these promising players anymore before the likes of Brighton do. So yes, there will be plenty of options I'm sure but I hope we stay away from paying 100m for the first player that has a promising season.

We've seen twists and turns before. Caicedo clearly seems to not care which club he goes to and given Chelsea have chased him all summer and will probably pay him much higher wages, I still see potential for a late twist.
Wishful. This one is done.

Chelsea bid £100M on the one night it wouldn’t get accepted. Literally at any point in the last 7 weeks, and he would be a Chelsea player. Sigh.

Wishful. This one is done.
Not really wishful because I honestly don't care where he goes but given the nature of the Caicedo transfer since the winter and how Chelsea swooped in super late for Mudryk really late on, I do believe there could be a late twist here.

Premier League top clubs just don't seem to chase these promising players anymore before the likes of Brighton do. So yes, there will be plenty of options I'm sure but I hope we stay away from paying 100m for the first player that has a promising season.

There will be few from French league in few seasons.

Hard to say. I’ve been impressed with Santos, but signing just Tyler Adams after chasing Caicedo all window is a bit pathetic.
No, you’re right … ALTHOUGH … we’ve had so much bad luck maybe this tone wr get our Badiashile before signing a Fofana.

It can be Liverpool’s turn to be Cucurella’d

I did want Caicedo, but that does t automatically mean Lavia for me. For what we want to do, running that modified square, Adan’s and Santos make more sense. If you want a physically gifted guy with mistakes in him when pressured … just keep Gallagher.

Imagine the scenes. Come on Boehly, do the madness.

Wish there is still a chance for Chelsea.

For sure. I watch a fair bit of Ligue 1 because of Neymar and Messi and I do believe this profile of player, especially in midfield, does exist in the league. Not that I can recall any names at this point.

Last summers purchases have impacted this summers transfer activity's. United have less room for FFP due to overpaying for Antony for example (this was reported last season) and Casemiro means movement for a longer term defensive midfielder was not a priority it's cause and effect.

Stop posting nonsense. :lol:

We've spent £170M on transfers so far and could get a couple more in yet.

How come Liverpool don't have to worry about FFP then?

Crazy fee but we’re desperate (something Southampton and Brighton clearly know). Hope he’s good.

Guessing it’s too late to see him against Chelsea on Sunday.

That Lesley kid from the French league we signed was supposedly one of the people Brighton had targeted as Caicedo’s replacement.

They probably call and ask if we want to loan him tomorrow.

Crazy fee but we’re desperate (something Southampton and Brighton clearly know). Hope he’s good.

Guessing it’s too late to see him against Chelsea on Sunday.

Not too late. Needs to be registered by 12 tomorrow. Feck you.

Ah feck

Given how highly people rate him would much rather he have gone to Chelsea. Other teams seem to have made much bigger strides in midfield than us this summer especially in the deeper areas. Rice and Caecedo are signings which will solve issues in the long run while we will need to replace Casemeiro and in typical fashion will struggle to find the solution to do so.

Chelsea bid £100M on the one night it wouldn’t get accepted. Literally at any point in the last 7 weeks, and he would be a Chelsea player. Sigh.
I’ve been wondering why we waited so long to get this done as well. Clubs have entire windows to prioritise and yet so often wait until just before the season starts.

Guessing Lavia to Chelsea will be a go now.

Mental money once again but i'd rather have Caicedo than Rice.

I don’t understand how some of you are getting upset why we didn’t bid £100m for him. Yes he’s brilliant and I love him but that price is ridiculous. Chelsea and Liverpool are desperate right now and have no choice.

These are absurd fees which are being exasperated by some of the fees Saudi clubs are paying. There is absolutely no chance Liverpool would be even contemplating a bid at this price if it wasn’t for the fact they got a ridiculously good and over priced sale on Henderson and Fabinho.

Completely agree. I wish we could’ve got him, but Brighton had Chelsea and Liverpool by the balls. We’re lucky to have Casemiro to avoid having to make such a desperate move. We’ll need to find a good replacement and partner for him eventually, but we obviously had far bigger priorities and Casemiro let us focus on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.