Moises Caicedo | Chelsea agree £115M fee | signed for Chelsea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brighton have now set a precedent, also. There'll be no messing about for their players in subsequent transfer windows.

Whoever wants Even Ferguson better not feck about, and pay the asking, or else...

Oh my …. I REALLY hope Arsenal people believe this.

It’s all those trophies going to your head.

Hardly a controversial take to say that Liverpool are probably currently more attractive than Chelsea to players.

If Pool have fixed their midfield for 6-7 years ~150m Caicedo/Mac then it might be cheap in the long run, only time will tell.

I thought this might be their VVD moment for midfield if they go in heavy for him. The lad doesn't have to be Zidane, they want a pressing intercept type first.

So we could have gone up to £100M all this time but chose to do it during a bidding war. We could have sealed this ages ago.
Tbh I’m gutted he’s not going Chelsea! Liverpool are getting an absolute baller.

If Pool have fixed their midfield for 6-7 years ~150m Caicedo/Mac then it might be cheap in the long run, only time will tell.

I thought this might be their VVD moment for midfield if they go in heavy for him. The lad doesn't have to be Zidane, they want a pressing intercept type first.

Agreed, this could be a game changer for Liverpool :mad:

I was ambivalent about him going to Chelsea, anyone going to that shitty little club is only interested in money.

Agreed, this could be a game changer for Liverpool :mad:

I was ambivalent about him going to Chelsea, anyone going to that shitty little club is only interested in money.
This immediately brings Liverpool back as title contenders. I had them fighting for top 4 without Caicedo.

Not getting the panic over this.

£110 million for one standout season? Bizarre.

The player shows much promise that's an area of the field they have covered over the next decade if the player lives up to his potential.

It could've easily been, we've spent £165 million and we're still looking to sign a CDM and CB. It's just target prioritisation.
I think the GK and striker were the bigger needs. And we already have Casemiro, so it makes sense to target a first phase midfielder who fits the budget now (Amrabat?). So we can then target a more prominent DM next summer. I wanted us to sign Caicedo and created a thread on him when he joined Brighton. But it's about timing and Liverpool's midfield needs in midfield are greater than ours. And the same possibly applies to Chelsea. But £110m is a huge fee.

Yes we do need a CB aswell, but we can possibly go along with Varane and Casemiro for this season. But imo, they both shouldn't be first choice starters next season. I also hope we sign Todibo once Maguire completes his move to West Ham.

Betting odds currently have Liverpool finishing 3rd, United finishing 4th, Chelsea finishing 5th.

So on the bright side, Caicedo joining Liverpool rather than Chelsea is probably good news from the POV of us finishing in the top four this season.

To be fair without wumming, most players are choosing Liverpool over Chelsea if money is similar levels.

It’s reported Caicedo was desperate to move to Chelsea but that’s with the fact no one else was in the running at the time. If a more enticing prospect comes along you’ll naturally have your head turned.

Brighton got him for £4.4m or something. And then in one season his price went to £110m. Pretty ridiculous, what one good season can do to a player career.

Now, I wonder how Bohley will react for Pochettino? Tchoumeni is definitely more talented, but I do not see him leaving this summer. Perhaps next summer and they will just get lavia and or verrati? But I also imagine that chelsea will want to spend big alone another player. Maybe even get kudas from Brighton.

Also who will brighton get with that money?

No excuses for Liverpool this coming season. Nor Arsenal, nor City.

The player shows much promise that's an area of the field they have covered

I’m going to camp in the Lavia thread now.
I think Santos is better than Lavia …. Now

To be fair Thought Santos would be better than Caicedo in a year or two as well, but at least it was an immediate improvement. I’m not sure Lavia a.

To make matters worse, Liverpool are going to register him before 12 tomorrow and he'll play against us on Sunday.

Gotta love videos like these. At least Caicedo will make his debut at Stamford bridge. Unfortunately it’s for the opposition!

It really is becoming essential to buy from outside the Premier League these days. You've got to feel at some point all of this madness has to come crashing down.

Caicedo and McCallister reunited, too. Liverpool have a ready-made midfield in the blink of an eye. It's very, very annoying. Caicedo breathes life into their floundering backline as well. So much more protection and aggression in front of them now. Well done, Chelsea. -_-

Betting odds currently have Liverpool finishing 3rd, United finishing 4th, Chelsea finishing 5th.

So on the bright side, Caicedo joining Liverpool rather than Chelsea is probably good news from the POV of us finishing in the top four this season.

I don't get your logic mate :confused: how can Liverpool being significantly strengthened help our top 4 chances :wenger:

He he goes to Chelsea, who cares, makes no difference to top 4 and Liverpool are far from nailed on top 4 either. If he goes to Liverpool, then they're challenging for title as much as us, Arsenal and possibly Newcastle.

To be fair without wumming, most players are choosing Liverpool over Chelsea if money is similar levels.

It’s reported Caicedo was desperate to move to Chelsea but that’s with the fact no one else was in the running at the time. If a more enticing prospect comes along you’ll naturally have your head turned.

Not always. I wouldn’t have said that was true 7-8 years ago. Right now, for sure. But this wasn’t even about what Caicedo chose. Brighton didn’t accept our bid. Liverpool’s offer was higher than ours.

Would have rather paid that much for Caicedo than what Arsenal did for Rice

Subsequently the purchase of Casemiro is what has prevented movement for United in these areas where three key defensive midfielders are on the move.

The question therefore is would you have preferred Caicedo / Rice for 100M+, Lavia for 50M or Casemiro for 70M.

I think Santos is better than Lavia …. Now

To be fair Thought Santos would be better than Caicedo in a year or two as well, but at least it was an immediate improvement. I’m not sure Lavia a.

Hard to say. I’ve been impressed with Santos, but signing just Tyler Adams after chasing Caicedo all window is a bit pathetic.

Status
Not open for further replies.