Missing Persons and Unsolved Crimes and Mysteries

Bulley's dog: Asked if it was significant that Bulley's dog was running between the bench and the gate - not the bench and the water's edge - police said they couldn't speak to the dog and all they could say is that the dog, Willow, was running back and forth in the area where Bulley's possessions were found.
Brilliant

Yes, a lot of these theories are ridiculous. Isn't there a documentary about the Reddit sleuths who identified an innocent person they thought was the perp of the Boston bombing? I remember that day on Reddit, was insane.

Would love to watch this documentary if you can remember its name/platform?

If she's in the river, surely her body would have been found by now?

Not necessarily, the Wyre flows into Morecambe Bay where the tides are rapid. If she's got as far as the sea she could be in the Irish Sea by now.

Not necessarily, the Wyre flows into Morecambe Bay where the tides are rapid. If she's got as far as the sea she could be in the Irish Sea by now.

yes but from where she apparently went into the river to Morecambe bay is 18 miles more or less.

it’s difficult for people to grasp that she has travelled that far in the river, with all its twists and turns without the police finding her before she reaches the sea, if that’s now unfortunately where she is.

I’m not saying it’s not possible, just that it seems incomprehensible for most people to think that can happen.

Thought it was a good press conference by them. They need to shut down some of the baseless theories from amateur sleuths.
Yes, a lot of these theories are ridiculous. Isn't there a documentary about the Reddit sleuths who identified an innocent person they thought was the perp of the Boston bombing? I remember that day on Reddit, was insane.
Now one of the Redditors has gone through Paul Ansell's facebook likes and made a thread on it, starting the thread off with "He's innocent by all accounts, and people should leave him and his family well alone" then posting the link to his facebook and making several paragraphs on the contents.

It is bizarre.

Now one of the Redditors has gone through Paul Ansell's facebook likes and made a thread on it, starting the thread off with "He's innocent by all accounts, and people should leave him and his family well alone" then posting the link to his facebook and making several paragraphs on the contents.

It is bizarre.
I saw this tweet this morning. This what they're up against......as if anyone would voluntarily associate with Dan Walker.

Perhaps this would be obvious or has been investigated, but I wonder if it's possible that the river bank has been eroded and collapsed when she walked on it, burying her.

My initial thoughts are that if she isn't found in the river within those initial searches then I just felt she wasn't going to be in there. I just feel like they/a passer by would have found her.

Such a strange case. I said a while ago that the police obviously had reason to stand firm in their belief she was in the river, and this news about alcohol issues is probably why. But it still feels flimsy to me, unless there is even more they've still not said.

Perhaps this would be obvious or has been investigated, but I wonder if it's possible that the river bank has been eroded and collapsed when she walked on it, burying her.

My initial thoughts are that if she isn't found in the river within those initial searches then I just felt she wasn't going to be in there. I just feel like they/a passer by would have found her.

Such a strange case. I said a while ago that the police obviously had reason to stand firm in their belief she was in the river, and this news about alcohol issues is probably why. But it still feels flimsy to me, unless there is even more they've still not said.

What’s ‘flimsy’ about it out of interest?

Don’t know what’s happened so let’s imply she was drunk so that’s why she fell.

Absolutely nobody

Maybe it’s just me reading something between the lines that isn’t there but I don’t see why else you’d say ‘she had problems with alcohol and drank heavily to cope with the menopause’ in the context of what would have made her vulnerable on that morning. She’s just dropped her kids off at school for feck sake.

Maybe it’s just me reading something between the lines that isn’t there but I don’t see why else you’d say ‘she had problems with alcohol and drank heavily to cope with the menopause’ in the context of what would have made her vulnerable on that morning. She’s just dropped her kids off at school for feck sake.

You’re looking at it too literally. She wasn’t vulnerable on the morning but vulnerable full stop.

They were essentially saying she was suffering with a number of problems that made her vulnerable and could have contributed in to the hypothesis that she’s in the water.

What's up with all the sick fecks showing up at the scene? People are wierd man

They are trying to stop the conspiracy theories and people turning up at the scene. The context is that this was a troubled lady with things going on in her life which suggests to me that the police believe the most likely scenario that occurred was a suicide.

They more or less said they released it because of all the people speculating etc. Better for them to release it in a controlled enrvionment that it do the rounds on social media. It wouldn't be released if people weren't sticking their nose in

Feel sorry for her. The police probably felt like their hand was forced by these amateur cnuts into releasing the information about the alcohol issues but in turn has given more amateur cnuts fuel for a fire. :(

What’s ‘flimsy’ about it out of interest?

That they've been told she has or had a period of drinking too much and is going through the menopause. The stuff about drinking is subjective, unless as I said they know more. So to be told that and rule anything else out, would be beyond naive.

Unless they got told that she was pissed up, super emotional and had left suicide notes. Only then would I understand their approach. But we've heard nothing of any of that, even from people that saw and spoke to her that morning.

zNY6pNX.png

From the third and fourth paragraphs it sounds like the police/family were made aware that someone was going to sell stories to the press about what Bulley was going through so they tried to get ahead of it with the police statement.

That they've been told she has or had a period of drinking too much and is going through the menopause. The stuff about drinking is subjective, unless as I said they know more. So to be told that and rule anything else out, would be beyond naive.

Unless they got told that she was pissed up, super emotional and had left suicide notes. Only then would I understand their approach. But we've heard nothing of any of that, even from people that saw and spoke to her that morning.

It’s not subjective. It’s likely information provided by her family and medical records.

I just don’t think you really ‘get it’ as such.

The approach seems absolutely fine to me and seems inline with the family wishes.

The information you want is of no use to the general public.

zNY6pNX.png

From the third and fourth paragraphs it sounds like the police/family were made aware that someone was going to sell stories to the press about what Bulley was going through so they tried to get ahead of it with the police statement.
It's so sad the family is having to deal with all of this on top of the trauma of Nicola being missing. I really hope they out the people trying to sell stories about her so everyone knows what lowlifes they are.

zNY6pNX.png

It was pretty obvious they were getting out ahead of the public

zNY6pNX.png

Sounds about right. My sister was murdered by her boyfriend 16 years ago. The next morning the local press were at my mums door. Obviously they got told to do one. Then a couple of days later a popular UK magazine came calling wanting a story. My mum said no over and over for about 4 or 5 weeks. ‘Fair enough’ said the journo. About another week after he returned, mum said no again so he said ‘well it doesn’t matter, we’ve got our story’. He then proceeded to show us this story from a bloke who “knew” my sister in the pub we all used to frequent. Well it was full of shit as you can imagine, painted her in a real bad light which was a load of shite. So they were going to run with this. So we felt backed into a corner really and had to do one- a real one. So you can imagine how that went down locally…. Feckin hell they’ve sold their story blah blah blah. Well, any money made from it went towards a headstone amd my mum gave the rest to a charity called SAMM (support after murder and manslughter). The press are utter cnuts. Shameless. I know what this family are going through and why they’ve got ahead of the curve with their press release.

Sounds about right. My sister was murdered by her boyfriend 16 years ago. The next morning the local press were at my mums door. Obviously they got told to do one. Then a couple of days later a popular UK magazine came calling wanting a story. My mum said no over and over for about 4 or 5 weeks. ‘Fair enough’ said the journo. About another week after he returned, mum said no again so he said ‘well it doesn’t matter, we’ve got our story’. He then proceeded to show us this story from a bloke who “knew” my sister in the pub we all used to frequent. Well it was full of shit as you can imagine, painted her in a real bad light which was a load of shite. So they were going to run with this. So we felt backed into a corner really and had to do one- a real one. So you can imagine how that went down locally…. Feckin hell they’ve sold their story blah blah blah. Well, any money made from it went towards a headstone amd my mum gave the rest to a charity called SAMM (support after murder and manslughter). The press are utter cnuts. Shameless. I know what this family are going through and why they’ve got ahead of the curve with their press release.

That is absolutely wild, so sorry that you and your family had to go through that experience. As you say, the morality of the press in the UK is shocking.

Sorry you had to go through that and really heartbreaking to see how the press behave.

Sorry you all went through that, and like you say the press and the person who was going to sell the story get off pretty much scot free while the family/police get the ire for being pressured to reveal details themselves. Horrible.

Deepest condolences. Bunch of leeches.

Christ, so sorry y'all had to go through that as a family.

That is absolutely wild, so sorry that you and your family had to go through that experience. As you say, the morality of the press in the UK is shocking.
Sorry you had to go through that and really heartbreaking to see how the press behave.
Awful Stookie. :( Thoughts are with you and your family.
Sorry you all went through that, and like you say the press and the person who was going to sell the story get off pretty much scot free while the family/police get the ire for being pressured to reveal details themselves. Horrible.
Deepest condolences. Bunch of leeches.
Christ, so sorry y'all had to go through that as a family.
Thanks for the kind words fellas. Ironically, that piece of shit got out of prison just a couple of days ago. So we’re going through it all again. What I will say though is that if anyone on the caf goes though any kind of loss and they need to chat to someone, they’re always welcome to DM me. Richard McCann helped me and my mum through some dark times and I’d do the same for someone else.

Thanks for the kind words fellas. Ironically, that piece of shit got out of prison just a couple of days ago. So we’re going through it all again. What I will say though is that if anyone on the caf goes though any kind of loss and they need to chat to someone, they’re always welcome to DM me. Richard McCann helped me and my mum through some dark times and I’d do the same for someone else.
16 years and out what joke. Very sorry you had to go through this.

my sister is just out of an abusive relationship and I often think could that have ended the same way

It's coming on up 5 years next month since a friend drove out to the forest in Oregon and disappeared. His car was found months later covered in nature. His brother had to fly in from the east coast to empty his apartment. I think everything is still in a storage unit. Terribly sad. No one knows what happened.